• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sunrise Lodge Skiing

goaline3

Reaction score
Headed to Sunrise Lodge in December with the fam, 3 kiddos. Any recommendations on where to ski while we are there? Looks like Brighton has free skiing for kids under 10, but maybe an hour drive due to winter road closures.... 5 and under ski free at Park City?

Staying Monday - Friday and hoping to get 2-3 days skiing somewhere, tubing and if anyone else has ideas I'm all ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I usually ski right from the chair at Sunrise myself because I have the EPIC pass. I like the Canyons side of Park City myself. Last year I did ski Deer Valley one day with free tickets from going through a presentation at Sunrise.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
I usually ski right from the chair at Sunrise myself because I have the EPIC pass. I like the Canyons side of Park City myself. Last year I did ski Deer Valley one day with free tickets from going through a presentation at Sunrise.

Likewise, I have been to Sunrise probably for the last 3 straight years. Holding a EPIC pass the Canyons and Park City are obviously your best options. Depending upon the weather the lift near the Sunrise is maybe a 2 minute walk from the ski valet. I have been skiing there in March and that lift is usually closed (little to no snow down at the lodge).
My usual go to place is then either Alta (skier's only) or Snow Bird. You can be at the Snow Bird lot in 45mins IF the driving conditions are OK. I am a skier and I love Alta. Pricing is cheaper at both places compared with the Vail Assc. Park City and Canyon locations. Not sure what they offer for kids. Also I will often buy cheap ticket on line from Liftopia, they are worth at least a quick look to see what deals they are offering. You will have a good time either way. Check out the distillery in Park City if you are a whiskey drinker. I even think the kids can go there because of the unusual Utah liquor laws as they serve food (actually great food).

toontoy

Reaction score
Its snowing pretty heavily today and has been for the past day. Snow should be pretty good this year. Depending upon where your headed the Epic Pass is a great option, I prefer Snow Basin and Deer valley. I do have to say though that snow basin is closer to where I live and an hour or so from Park City. I would check the snow conditions as well and see what areas have decent snow pack.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Its snowing pretty heavily today and has been for the past day.

Wonderful news to a skier ears or eyes since I am reading it. Thanks

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Wonderful news to a skier ears or eyes since I am reading it. Thanks

Yeah I hear Tahoe is getting slammed now as well. To keep this discussion related to the thread, why no HGVC location in Tahoe. Seems like it would be a slam dunk business wise. I would buy (retail of course :)

ontilt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Bay Club
HGVC Valdoro x2
Worldmark
It's pretty much ski in/out to Canyons/Park City if you're at Sunrise Lodge. Even without a season epic pass, you can get a multiday that should save. Park City is under 5 skis free. 5+ need to pay.