• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sunrise Booking

theslice

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

New to TUG, as I started to do my homework after a sales presentation that I said no to, (Couldn't get them to understand that if it was such an important deal that required legal paperwork but I could only review it on premise then there was no way it could be a good deal for me) I am hoping folks can help.

We are looking to find a resort that we can have ski vacations for years to come. We have always enjoyed Hilton properties and think it could be a could system to use. However it is difficult for us to reason spending thousands of dollars not understand if we can actually get what we want.

So in short so far we think the following:

Need to buy a Platinum Deed
Need to buy at least 2 BR due to family size and they seem to be more marketable
Need to make one of the ski resorts Sunrise or Valdora our home resort
We want an annual deed

What we are not sure is if it is possible to book Sunrise during ski season if the week being sold to us is floating. We see almost 99% of deeds for Valdora as fixed week but not many platinum listings for Sunrise and when we do find them they seem to indicate floating weeks.

Would like to hear from others experience.

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas, Elara a Hilton Grand Vacation Club, The Jockey Club, Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Coylumbridge, Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch, Hyatt Residence Club at Coconut Plantation, DVC Saratoga Springs
Hello everyone,

New to TUG, as I started to do my homework after a sales presentation that I said no to, (Couldn't get them to understand that if it was such an important deal that required legal paperwork but I could only review it on premise then there was no way it could be a good deal for me) I am hoping folks can help.

We are looking to find a resort that we can have ski vacations for years to come. We have always enjoyed Hilton properties and think it could be a could system to use. However it is difficult for us to reason spending thousands of dollars not understand if we can actually get what we want.

So in short so far we think the following:

Need to buy a Platinum Deed
Need to buy at least 2 BR due to family size and they seem to be more marketable
Need to make one of the ski resorts Sunrise or Valdora our home resort
We want an annual deed

What we are not sure is if it is possible to book Sunrise during ski season if the week being sold to us is floating. We see almost 99% of deeds for Valdora as fixed week but not many platinum listings for Sunrise and when we do find them they seem to indicate floating weeks.

Would like to hear from others experience.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HILTON-GRA...311006?hash=item3b33a1c81e:g:tKcAAOSw-itXtfT7

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

You can purchase a floating Winter ski season Platinum at either Valdoro or Sunrise. You just need to be careful at Valdoro to ensure that the floating platinum floating week is Winter or Ski season. At Valdoro, they were sold in Winter and Summer. The ebay listing provided by @Anthony Schmid looks like an example of the 3-bd summer platinum season. The listing isn't correct on the weeks which this deed would have home week booking advantage.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch

theslice

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's a summer week.

I own a 3BR+ at LV on the Boulevard and almost exclusively use my points at Valdoro and Sunrise during prime ski weeks. Owning at Valdoro or Sunrise isn't necessary to ski. For lower fees, you can get more points elsewhere.

Interesting Remy, I feared that was not possible given you only have the 9 month window to be able to book if I understand correctly. Is the Las Vegas points then platinum? Are you booking a 1 or 2 bedroom at Valdoro/Sunrise? It seems the larger units in those places are more in demand.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
Interesting Remy, I feared that was not possible given you only have the 9 month window to be able to book if I understand correctly. Is the Las Vegas points then platinum? Are you booking a 1 or 2 bedroom at Valdoro/Sunrise? It seems the larger units in those places are more in demand.

The 9 month window typically is when you will get a prime week started. For instance, Spring Break 2020 was bookable over the past two weeks at Valdoro and 2BR, 2BR+ and 3BR were all available if you grabbed three days and added a day as each became available (I did). But that isn't the only bite at the apple. Fixed weeks are automatically booked for owners (I had three units at Valdoro at one point). That means each owner must give up their week for it to become available to the rest of us. That doesn't always happen at 12-9 months out. Sometimes it happens 3 months out when an owner decides they want to do something else this year. I reserved a 2BR+ and a 3BR the past two years over Christmas week at Valdoro. I've had President's Day week at Sunrise. All booked August-October as fixed week owners give up their weeks. You won't login and find inventory is abundant like Orlando, you definitely have to check on it until something pops up, but it's no Lagoon Tower where it stays relatively blank for months on end.

I own a 3BR+ Platinum at 9,600 points. It cost me $12k to buy and has an MF slightly over $1k. The units I aim for are 2BR+ and 3BR at Valdoro. The plus just means a private grill and hot tub for your unit. The 3BR is nice because of the extra living room/dining space. Sunrise has larger units, but I haven't been in anything smaller than a 2BR there. We go less frequently to Utah because it requires a flight, but it has better availability than Valdoro.

My rationale for getting out of Valdoro and owning points with a low MF was based on having never used my fixed weeks. Ever. I didn't ski for 7 days straight and often I'd want to go for 4 or 5 days that crossed over a weekend. That eliminates the booking advantage. The 12 month booking advantage for a float ski week is for a Saturday to Saturday week in the unit size/season you own. A fixed week is already booked for you, so you have to proactively change it. Advantage gone if you want any change at all. Anyway, long story short, there are less expensive ways to maintain flexibility and enjoy the ski resorts than buying there.