• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Summer Marriott to Marriott within Hilton Head.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
No one will question the extreme difficulty with trading into any of the oceanfront properties in July and difficulty in August. Can people share their experiences in trading within properties during summer HHI.

This is the third year in a row I needed to sleep eight so I put in a trade request with my Monarch third week August unit. Each time my trade request was for the Grand Ocean only, for last three weeks in July and done 10 to 11months out. The first year my confirmation came within days and I felt extremely lucky. I do not remember when the confirmation came through last year but it was before Southwest and JetBlue opened up the availability. This year I put an early September and it just came through, also before flight availability into Charleston or Savannah.

I know this goes against how II is suppose to work but I am thinking maybe it is not just luck. Maybe trades within Marriott HHI properties might have a higher priority then trades using premium weeks outside of HHI.

Thoughts....

Last edited:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been successful doing the same thing with even lesser Marriotts compared to your relatively strong Monarch August week. I've been doing it with Harbour Pointe weeks 31-33 and 36 and even a 39 has gotten us Monarch or GO summer week trades.

I do it 13 months in advance so that helps me but keep in mind II is in the business of making money off our trades so if you give them value they will match your trade because not only do you pay but the person that trades in pays so they make money from both.

It also goes to show you there are more trades put into the system then we might think.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No one will question the extreme difficulty with trading into any of the oceanfront properties in July and difficulty in August. Can people share their experiences in trading within properties during summer HHI.

This is the third year in a row I needed to sleep eight so I put in a trade request with my Monarch third week August unit. Each time my trade request was for the Grand Ocean only, for last three weeks in July and done 10 to 11months out. The first year my confirmation came within days and I felt extremely lucky. I do not remember when the confirmation came through last year but it was before Southwest and JetBlue opened up the availability. This year I put an early September and it just came through, also before flight availability into Charleston or Savannah.

I know this goes against how II is suppose to work but I am thinking maybe it is not just luck. Maybe trades within Marriott HHI properties might have a higher priority then trades using premium weeks outside of HHI.

Thoughts....
Back when I owned a HP week 35, trading to GO was hit or miss during mid summer even putting the trade request in at 18 months. I don't think there's any local preference based on location, I think it's all trade power and resort quality plus the obvious internal trading preference.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I use HP weeks 31, 32, 33, 36 and 39. So far for 2018 I received a GO week 31 for the HP 31, Monarch week 26 for the and HP 32, GO 27 from the HP 33 and a Monarch 29 for the HP 36.

I've had the same success for the last 3 years so for us it hasn't been hit of miss.