TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Suite Night Awards

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by LisaH, Apr 20, 2019.

1. 4Sunsets

4Sunsets Guest

Good luck! Hopefully this is just something that is just getting enforced outside the US. Weve experienced problems outside the US before as well, but nothing like this. (Probably because US has better consumer protection laws than other countries)

2. controller1

controller1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin KORVN OF
    Westin Nanea OF
    Westin FLEX
    I just applied my first Suite Night Awards to an upcoming 5-night stay at St. Regis NYC. The two choices available were the Deluxe Suite and the Astor Suite. Keeping my fingers crossed!

3. LisaH

LisaH TUG Lifetime Member

A quick update: my upgrade request for Westin Chongqing Liberation Square has been confirmed and I will be in a 1 BR Executive Suite with 2BAs. Fantastic! This is a point reservation so I am very pleased with receiving the upgrade.

Superchief and jme like this.
  4. Dean

Dean TUG Member

My experience with some of the Autograph collection is that they either don't honor breakfast or limit it such that it's often not worth using. Sometimes they will let you apply the value of the continental breakfast toward a better option. We did have a good experience at the Autograph Collection in Williamsburg. I recently canceled an Autograph Collection reservation for Savannah in part related to their response to this very question.

Let me add on a question here. Anyone had any luck applying SNA to a Priceline reservation that can be pulled up under the Marriott.com account?

5. Pamplemousse

Pamplemousse TUG Member

LisaH,
    Following back through this thread—was this a suite night request and did you request SN on 2 different reservations and cancel one and get your nights back on the cancellation? How far in advance did your SN confirmation come? Thanks

6. Quilter

Quilter Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

We’re both lifetime titanium. Hubby has 88 nights and 20 SNA this year. I only have 24 nights so far.

We recently stayed at 2 Westin’s. I was surprised at the first one (Jekyll Island) that I had a choice of 1000 pt. Arrival gift or continental breakfast. Not both. No auto upgrade although the hotel didn’t seem very full.

Next was a tired Westin in Columbus OH. No auto upgrade but breakfast came from the lounge.

Do these SNA take the place of auto upgrade?

7. TheTimeTraveler

TheTimeTraveler TUG Member

I understand you can use 50 night bonus award for 5 SNA's, but what's the criteria for earning Suite Night Awards ? A better way of putting is what are all the exact ways in which one can earn SNA's ?

I just checked my account and I now have ten. Not exactly sure how I qualified for every one of them......

8. bazzap

bazzap Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I am not aware of any ways other than the 50 and 75 night stay triggers.
    Perhaps someone else may know differently?

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  9. jtp1947

jtp1947 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Maui Marriott, Boston Custom House
    Your earn 5 with 50 elite nights and another 5 with 95 elite night credits.

10. Fasttr

Fasttr TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Ocean
    MVC Trust Points
    You have the ability to chose them at 50 and 75 nights.

11. bazzap

bazzap Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Some of the options though are more limited, so you can only claim a free night at 75 nights not at 50 nights.

12. LisaH

I did make reservations at both JW Marriott and Westin. At five days prior to check in, I received emails that they were still working on my upgrade requests. Westin came through the next day and I immediately canceled booking at JW Marriott. It was a cash reservation so SNAs were returned to my account right away and no money was charged.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Pamplemousse likes this.
  13. jtp1947

jtp1947 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Maui Marriott, Boston Custom House
    My mistake, yes, 75 nights, not 95.

14. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

One thing you can do if you really want one Suite over another is initially only choose the one you prefer. Then if it doesn’t match at the 5 day mark you can add the other. You can always see if the upgrade is even possible by trying to book the suites 6 days out. If the one you prefer isn’t available then there is no drawback to adding the other.

Fasttr likes this.
  15. controller1

controller1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin KORVN OF
    Westin Nanea OF
    Westin FLEX
    I'm going to have to be really lucky to get a suite. The hotel is sold out of all rooms on the fifth night of our stay! Oh, well......

16. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

That’s the problem with trying to use SNAs with a long reservation. You could book the first 4 nights separately and then place a request for the 4 and another for the last night. Might be more trouble than it’s worth.

17. controller1

controller1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin KORVN OF
    Westin Nanea OF
    Westin FLEX
    This is an award stay with the fifth night free and it was made prior to the introduction of the new Category 8. Therefore, I've got the five nights for 240,000 points vs the current rate of 340,000 points. Additionally, as I said the fifth night is completely sold out so I would only be able to stay four nights. Regardless, we'll be happy with the Superior Room.

18. Safti

Safti TUG Member

Would those 50 nights count towards status and therefore do you get another 5 suite nights ?

19. frank808

frank808 TUG Member

Every calendar year, when you hit 50 nights you can choose the 5 SNA as your award. Right now, I have 5 SNA from last year that expire 12/19 and 5 more SNA that expire 12/20. I chose 5 SNA for this years 50 night award. I still havent been able to choose my 75 night award yet for this year.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

20. Eli Mairs

Eli Mairs TUG Member

This is an update to my request for two suite night awards at the Gritti Palace in Venice. The request was denied yesterday - the day before check in.
    We received a slight upgrade from a superior room @1,256 euros/ night to a Venetian room @1,336 euros/night. Luckily, we are staying on points.
    The room was ready when we checked in at 10 am, which was nice after a long overnight flight.
    We chose breakfast rather than 1,000 points. That was a no brainer.
    Room service came by with a nice bottle of wine and two wine glasses.
    The suites that we were able to request for the SNA were going for 2,856 and 4,356 euros. I’m not complaining. The room is lovely, and we have been treated very well. I just don’t know why the Gritti Palace participates in this program. I can’t imagine SNAs ever being granted due to the high cost of these suites.

21. LisaH

Good for you! So this is a free upgrade and no SNA is used?
    When we stayed in Westin Chongqing last week in the upgraded executive suite, we received both free breakfast (plus lounge access) and 1000 points, which was very generous.

22. Eli Mairs

Eli Mairs TUG Member

Yes, a free upgrade. The SNAs were deposited back into our account, but doubt we’ll be able to use them as we will be staying in a few lower end Marriott’s while driving to and from Florida later this year. We do have one requested for New Orleans in October. Fingers crossed.
    Gritti Palace does not have a lounge.
    I was happy to be offered the breakfast. The last time we stayed here we had the most expensive breakfast ever, and had to pay for it!

23. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

I do not believe the terms of an SNA allow it to be denied. They auto-cancel the day prior if the selected suite is not available. If the room you are able to choose is available then the upgrade is guaranteed. You can check this by seeing if the exact room type is available to book. If you believe that somehow someone blocked the upgrade due to the price then you should contact Marriott rewards and complain.

24. Dean

Dean TUG Member

There was a previous report of someone getting an upgrade that was "too much" and having the entire reservation canceled due to this. I haven't looked at the wording but they stated the fine print allowed them to do this.

25. Steve Fatula

Steve Fatula TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Desert Springs Villas II 2BR
    Playa Andaluza Silver Seafront 2BR
    Destinations Points
    My SNA worked in Fiji. Got upgraded to a over water bure. Not bad since I used a cat5 cert there, so ending up with a $700/nt over water villa for free! In this case, well worth it and very pleased.