• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Suggestions for September Hawaii honeymoon

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
He was last seen March 13. So he's been around, just not recently. :)

Dave

I meant he never came back to this thread where he asked for suggestions.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I meant he never came back to this thread where he asked for suggestions.

Yes. I'd think he'd be interested in what people have said. :shrug:

Dave

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Yes, the OP was last seen in March. I suspect that he didn't read many responses. Such a shame.

BTW, I'll opine in a different direction: it really doesn't matter which island he selects. The climate is great. He is newly married and is beginning to share new experiences with his wife. Oahu? Fine. Maui? Yes, also great. Kauai? Also great. Big Island? Also great with the caveat that there could be VOG. Molokini? Ah.... not sure.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Yes, the OP was last seen in March. I suspect that he didn't read many responses. Such a shame.

BTW, I'll opine in a different direction: it really doesn't matter which island he selects. The climate is great. He is newly married and is beginning to share new experiences with his wife. Oahu? Fine. Maui? Yes, also great. Kauai? Also great. Big Island? Also great with the caveat that there could be VOG. Molokini? Ah.... not sure.

I agree with your points, except the OP said this: "We're very social so want to be somewhere lively with bars and clubs for socializing and dancing, etc." That kind of limits the availability.

Dave

Last edited:

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Yeah, I forgot that....

You're right, the OP is very "social" except for returning to read anything since mid March. Ha ha ;-)

taffy19

Reaction score
We are at the Waikoloa Marriott right now. There is zero night life here. Even the restaurants are abandoned by 9:00pm.

(But it's a wonderful place and we will come back.)
That is the same on Ka'anapali Beach too. We arrived late one evening because of a schedule change by the airlines. We were hungry and hoped that we would find a restaurant open somewhere on the Ka'anapali Beach path but everything was closed except one place very close. We found out about that later but I still don't know where exactly it is. We didn't enter the big hotels where they may have bars open still later at night.

You would have to drive to Lahaina to find something open later than 10 PM but you will have to drive back to your resort about four miles. I Googled and found this website that should be very helpful. They have them on the coffee table at most resorts and some others magazines too.

http://www.visitorinfohawaii.com

Tourists in Hawaii seem to go to bed early but rise early too. Very different from Honolulu on Waikiki Beach where tourists are out late at night. Oahu Island is beautiful and lush too. There was a thread about it very recently with some photos. There are lots of honeymooners on Waikiki and Ka'anapali Beach. I would land on one island and depart from the second so you see both.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
My fiancée Vanessa and I plan to honeymoon for two weeks in September and Hawaii is currently at the top of our list of possible destinations. At this point we're looking for advice on which island is likely best to meet our needs, after which we'll drill down into where exactly to stay. We're not necessarily planning to stay in a timeshare resort.

We want exposure to beautiful nature and don't care to be an an overly urban area of high rises like Waikiki. That being said, we're very social so want to be somewhere lively with bars and clubs for socializing and dancing, etc. Would love to snorkel too, at least once, and do a few excursions. I am 57 and she is 46, and we're both fit and very young at heart.

What island do you think is best for us? And what area would you be inclined to stay on that island? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

When you talk about socializing and dancing you sound like. We go to Honolulu because we want the party. We also don' t drink and drive, but we do drink. We can get around Honolulu by walking or the great bus service. Honolulu has early and late night partying. It has clubs that we can no longer stay up late enough for. To give you idea we have Grandchildren that are 13 and 15. But if you want that late night type of scene then Honolulu is you town.

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is the same on Ka'anapali Beach too. We arrived late one evening because of a schedule change by the airlines. We were hungry and hoped that we would find a restaurant open somewhere on the Ka'anapali Beach path but everything was closed except one place very close. We found out about that later but I still don't know where exactly it is. We didn't enter the big hotels where they may have bars open still later at night.

You would have to drive to Lahaina to find something open later than 10 PM but you will have to drive back to your resort about four miles. I Googled and found this website that should be very helpful. They have them on the coffee table at most resorts and some others magazines too.

http://www.visitorinfohawaii.com

Tourists in Hawaii seem to go to bed early but rise early too. Very different from Honolulu on Waikiki Beach where tourists are out late at night. Oahu Island is beautiful and lush too. There was a thread about it very recently with some photos. There are lots of honeymooners on Waikiki and Ka'anapali Beach. I would land on one island and depart from the second so you see both.

I recall reading something in the last 9 months about the strict liquor/dancing/music laws on Maui. I guess nightclubs are rare, and the few places that allow the combo, have tough security to make sure drinks don’t end up anywhere near the dance floor, and other places have security in place to make sure dancing doesn’t occur in their place with liquor and music.

Waikiki is where the nightlife was/is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk