• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Suggestions for Getting from Cancun International Airport to Grand Park Royal Cozumel

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
There's a possibility that my wife and I will be staying for almost a week at the Grand Park Royal in Cozumel in late October this year.

Southwest Airlines does not fly into Cozumel but they do go to Cancun.

Am asking Tuggers for suggestions on how to get from Cancun to Cozumel. I did do an online search but am interested in hearing opinions from Tuggers.

Thanks

Richard

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's a possibility that my wife and I will be staying for almost a week at the Grand Park Royal in Cozumel in late October this year.

Southwest Airlines does not fly into Cozumel but they do go to Cancun.

Am asking Tuggers for suggestions on how to get from Cancun to Cozumel. I did do an online search but am interested in hearing opinions from Tuggers.

Thanks

Richard

Easiest is to simply reserve a transfer with one the better transfer agencies. When we used to do this, we were happiest with USA Transfers. They'll take you from the airport to the ferry doc in Playa.

gresmi

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the transfer companies will work fine. You can also book a collectivo on your own from the airport that will take you right to the ferry dock in PDC.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Last edited:

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
What's the cost difference to fly directly into Cozumel with other airlines vs Cancun and having somewhat expensive transportation?

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What's the cost difference to fly directly into Cozumel with other airlines vs Cancun and having somewhat expensive transportation?

Can't answer your question but Southwest Airlines doesn't fly into Cozumel from the United States. However, they do fly into Cancun and I have some Southwest LUV vouchers that need to be used prior to their expiration date, so I need to make the arrangements of Cancun to Cozumel.

Richard

Helene4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buy a ticket for the ADO bus, walk out of the terminal and turn right to the bus. Luxury bus. Take it all the way into Playa Del Carmen bus station ( end of the line). Get out and walk toward the water, take the ferry to Cozumel. Comfortable and much less $.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Buy a ticket for the ADO bus, walk out of the terminal and turn right to the bus. Luxury bus. Take it all the way into Playa Del Carmen bus station ( end of the line). Get out and walk toward the water, take the ferry to Cozumel. Comfortable and much less $.
I agree with the ADO Bus.

HeidingOut

TUG Member
Reaction score
The bus is super easy and very safe. Traveled with my young children without any issues at all this past June.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Timely to be seeing this thread now. We are going to the Explorean in Cozumel next May and I just booked our tickets on Southwest last night. We are flying direct from LAX to Cancun, and it was a significant savings over any other flights I could find (nearly half price). Plus thanks to TUG, we are also using our SW companion fare so it's a no-brainer. I'm tempted by the Mayair flights, but it doesn't seem to save a ton of time because we need to wait for the next flight. How bad is it to bus/ferry? Do you think that the time savings is worth the Mayair flight? Btw, we travel light - we will only have two carryons.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
The ADO bus is a very nice bus and is more like a tour bus. The station is right downtown Playa about a block from 5th Ave where you will see the ferry station. The ferry runs quite regularly too. I did not know about the availability of the bus terminal near the airport. That is good to know. :)

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I travelled with my three kids all over the Yucatan Peninsula via ADO bus in April. The routes that tourists are interested in have the nicest, plushest, most up-to-date coaches that I'd ever experienced;, movies and snacks available. There is no public transportation comparable to this in the US. The coaches were much nicer than traveling by Greyhound or Amtrak. Very reasonably priced. I wouldn't hesitate to take the bus again.

http://everythingplayadelcarmen.com/ado-bus-cancun-airport-playa-del-carmen/

Helene4

TUG Member
Reaction score
How bad is it to bus/ferry? Do you think that the time savings is worth the Mayair flight? Btw, we travel light - we will only have two carryons.
Once out of the terminal ( buy your tickets inside the terminal) turn right and it is + or - 1 city block to the bus. Once in Playa at the ADO station it is + or - 1 1/2 city blocks to the ferry terminal down hill!
One way on the Ultramar ferry is about $10 per person. The "entertainment" on the ferry will cost you a few donated pesos.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once out of the terminal ( buy your tickets inside the terminal) turn right and it is + or - 1 city block to the bus. Once in Playa at the ADO station it is + or - 1 1/2 city blocks to the ferry terminal down hill!
One way on the Ultramar ferry is about $10 per person. The "entertainment" on the ferry will cost you a few donated pesos.
Hi Helene4,

Do you think it wise to get some Pesos before out trip or should we pay in US dollars?

Thanks

Richard