TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $11,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $11Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Stormy Point Village has been sold

Discussion in 'US - Central States Timesharing' started by nuwermj, Apr 26, 2019.

1. nuwermj

nuwermj TUG Member

Stormy Point Village has been sold to Capital Vacations (formerly Capital Resorts Group). Plan are to integrate it into the Capital Vacations Club.

http://capitalvacations.com/images/news/CV-SWR-PRESS-RELEASE.pdf
    https://www.facebook.com/capitalvacations/photos/a.561269053900573/2612367592124032/

Summer Winds Resort Services developed the Stormy Point Village resort in Branson and revived the 1862 David Walley’s Hot Springs Resort and Spa in Genoa, Nevada. In November 2018, Orange Lake Resorts, owner of the Holiday Inn Club Vacations brand, announced the acquisition of the 1862 David Walley’s Hot Springs Resort while Stormy Point Village has now been acquired by Capital Vacations.

2. Shankilicious

Shankilicious Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Welk Resorts
    Let's hope they don't muck it up. Stormy pointe seems extremely nice and deserving of their elite II award

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

3. tschwa2

tschwa2 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    I think management fees will go up a little but not drastically. Onsite sales might ramp up a little. The bigger worry for owners that I heard is a rummer that Diamond is looking to purchase Capital.

4. OldGuy

OldGuy Guest

Resorts Owned:
    some
    Hopefully for the better.

Actually, Summer Winds did not start the Stormy Point Village Development, but since they took over, it has been the scuzziest, scammiest, sleaziest Branson resort, which is hard to do.

So many things that I would never put in print, but here's a scintilla of fact, since some folks prefer a more credible source:

https://www.bbb.org/us/mo/branson/p...es/summerwinds-resort-services-llc-0734-29040

5. Shankilicious

Shankilicious Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Welk Resorts
    That is very depressing..... Especially considering how nice the amenities are

6. OldGuy

OldGuy Guest

Resorts Owned:
    some
    Certainly the Cape Cod style individual houses are unique and desirable.

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/12/87/70/18/stormy-point-village.jpg

Its a shame that the concept has been mired in deceit and sleaziness.

In fact, the concept is so desirable, that "Nantucket" has gone up next door. Who'd a thunk Branson would have a bit of Cape Cod and Nantucket?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    Shankilicious likes this.
  7. amycurl

amycurl TUG Member

When we visited a Capital Resort here in NC, there were no onsite sales *at all.* There was a lovely, onsite, full-time, year-round manager (whom we invited to share Thanksgiving dinner with us.) It is disappointing that they might be bought by DRI. *sigh*

tschwa2 likes this.
  8. T-Dot-Traveller

T-Dot-Traveller TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mayan Palace Regency
    Taranova
    Is this about the style of TS sales at the property ?
    or the quality of the property ....

9. Shankilicious

Shankilicious Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Welk Resorts
    Seems to be issue with the sales team and the over the top lies they're telling. Based on my quick view of the BBB complaints.

10. dougp26364

dougp26364 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

At this point, unless you’re Marriott, Hilton or Disney, you “might be bought by DRI.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    tschwa2, silentg and T-Dot-Traveller like this.
  11. silentg

silentg TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Orange Lake, Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes, The Pines At Aspen East, Oyster Bay
    Our first timeshare in Vermont, went thru many ownerships. Started as a small independent, then bought by various investment groups. Never knew one year to next where to send maintenance fees.
    Major renovations in the 90’s. We no longer have this timeshare, but it’s still open and thriving.
    Silentg

12. OldGuy

OldGuy Guest

Resorts Owned:
    some
    Yeah, sleazy sales. They promise to sell your current timeshare if you buy from them, but, of course, you wind up with both of them.

Their top salesperson told me about it awhile back, and when he found out, he quit. But, the BBB complaints since have said the same thing.

With the change of ownership, does anyone know if Pat Joyce will still be involved?

13. OldGuy

OldGuy Guest

Resorts Owned:
    some
    Smart/realistic/alert enough to recognize a common problem, but sleazy enough to use that against the prospect, and double down on it. My guy says they let anyone out if they lawyer up, even after the cancellation deadline, and even doing that they came/come out ahead.

BBB records corroborate that.

So we will close the account with the lender and release *** ******* from the contract. He will received (SIC) a letter from the contract department to confirm the account is closed.

Thanks for your time and concern with this matter. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at ************.

Compliance Officer
    Summer Winds Resorts

Complaints are still being filed:

https://www.bbb.org/us/mo/branson/p...nds-resort-services-llc-0734-29040/complaints

. . . And if we didn't use our week at Stormy Point we would recieve our dues back! and the kicker was they would SELL our exisiting timeshare so this Summerwind resort would basically pay for itself and we would have more flexibility, spend less, would have top priority when booking and we would have less maintenance fees to pay. Sound too good to be true? YES. ALl lies! . . .

Bribed us with tickets to local shows, kept our kids away from us for several hours, we felt pressured to decide, worried about how the kids were doing, hearing they could get rid of our other porperty, it all sounded great! We told him over and over ther was NO WAY we could do both properties, signing was contingent upon the sale of our first property. I could have sworn he even said they would buy the first property back (for less of a price of course if it didn't sell in 3 months) but I cannot find that in the paperwork. Of course the piece of scratch paper ****** was writing everything on is NOT in our packet. So basically we were lied to, made empty promises, misinformed, and pressured into a decision we would NOT have made otherwise. This company should not be allowed to do this to people!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  14. VacationForever

VacationForever Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

But such complaints are similar across the entire timeshare industry, including big brand names. People who don't know what they are buying and buying sounds like a great idea when they are enjoying their vacation and end up with buyers' remorse.

BBB is filled with complaints like this for ALL timeshare system. BBB is a joke in itself.

15. OldGuy

OldGuy Guest

Resorts Owned:
    some
    Yup. Pretty much how it works. But this is far worse than the normal, every-day, run-of-the-mill sleaze. They're so good, they're conning people who already own and are unhappy!!!

:cool:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  16. Shankilicious

Shankilicious Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Welk Resorts
    Them promising to sell/buy your current timeshare if you buy with them. That's hella low. And while I was told that welk would buy back my points when I was done with them, was a BIG stretch but at least they didn't promise me anything like this....

17. VacationForever

Welk did tell me that they would take back my Vistana if I bought from them. Same low life sales tactic.

18. Shankilicious

Shankilicious Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Welk Resorts
    Damn. How long ago was that? The CEO cleaned out the sales team in 2016. Went to each resort personally and fired 95% of the sales people.

19. OldGuy

OldGuy Guest

Resorts Owned:
    some
    Yeah, It's a special kind of sleaze that preys on people wanting to get rid of their timeshares, and saddles them with two, then browbeats them when the victims find out.

But, then, I see these sleazes all the time, and they are not people you would wanna hang out with.

nuwermj likes this.
  20. VacationForever

We hear this sort of story all the time about sales people being fired by some honcho and then you quickly learn that nothing has changed.

21. Shankilicious

Shankilicious Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Welk Resorts
    I've done enough updates to verify that at least at Branson the mentality and attitude of the sales crew has totally changed.

22. OldGuy

OldGuy Guest

Resorts Owned:
    some
    Who you talking about?

23. Shankilicious

Shankilicious Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Welk Resorts
    Sorry, Welk id what I was talking about.

24. T-Dot-Traveller

T-Dot-Traveller TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mayan Palace Regency
    Taranova
    Works in Mexico -

THese days most of them end up on eBay / of course not everything on eBay sells - even for $ 1

25. Omatwins2

Omatwins2 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Mountainside at silvercreek, St James Place, Stormy Village
    Can someone educate me on stormy point. We are here at the resort. We bought a week off market.
    We attended a sales meeting just to get up to speed on what was going on. Didn’t catch any lies but it was the same sales pitch as we got from Wyndham. We never buy from these and always go off market. But my question: what’s the probable future of stormy? They are still
    Showing as a Summerwind property yet the sales staff says they are Capital properties affiliated with II.