• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Stockpiled points & booking extended stay?

mapsd

Reaction score
Another scenario that I think is technically allowed, but is it doable?

Example:
7000 points from 2018 pushed into 2019. Borrow points the points from 2020 to give me 21,000 points.

Could they be used to book an extended stay at one location (ie 3 weeks on Marco Island)?
1. Legal to do?
2. Likely to be able to reserve as a Club booking & have 1 spot available for that long? Maybe have to switch to another unit as some point?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Legal", I don't see why not. (I didn't see anything in the club rules prohibiting booking more than 7 days at a resort).
Now, whether you can actually get 3 weeks in Marco Island is another story. LOL

I believe in your case, the stay would be for 2019 sometime.
I'd say probably also may have to check into another room (based on what I've seen on other forum posts for extended stays).

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Marco Island has better inventory that some of the other SW FL properties. But since it is NOT a mandatory HGVC points participation resort, in theory yes you are allowed to do that, but you have to find 3 consecutive weeks. Inventory for SW FL is not online. So there is no way of knowing without calling what kind of inventory is available.

So it is allowed. You have a better chance at Marco island that any other of the SW FL resorts.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up that you need to save your points into 2019 before you even think of booking(sort of) even if you don’t find 3 consecutive weeks.

Before saving you could use your 2019 and 2020 points and book two weeks.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
RE #1 the Club Rules document specifies a limit of 28 days for a single reservation, assuming you can find that many consecutive days available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro