• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sticky - Give back your unwanted wyndham Timeshare - Wyndham Ovations / Wyndham Cares / Certified Exit

Reaction score
I’ve got over 600,000 points at Wyndham Smoky Mountains. I’ve decided it’s time to get rid of them due to the over $300 monthly maintenance fees. I’m trying to decide if I want to sell them or take an Ovation offer. I have a few questions about Ovation.

Can you call the Ovation number and just inquire about what they will give you or once you call they have to make you an offer?

Has anyone been able to negotiate with Wyndham a selling price or bonus points, or do they just tell you what they will give you?

What happens if they make you an offer, but you decide against it after the 21 day period? Can you call them back later to see what they will give you?

Thanks for your help!!

Reaction score
Moderator. please remove the above post. I decided to move it to another section.

Thanks!

GJWyn

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Springs, Waikiki Beach Walk
South Shore, Flagstaff
Hi - we have vip platinum status, thought I saw a thread on putting this in an llc and selling, which has advantage of transferring the vip status and maybe making a couple of $ off it.

Also, 2 years ago we were coerced into buying more points with the guarantee that Wyndham will buy back at 20% of what we paid if we wanted out. Anybody have more info on this?

Ok, you can stop laughing now! :)

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi - we have vip platinum status, thought I saw a thread on putting this in an llc and selling, which has advantage of transferring the vip status and maybe making a couple of $ off it.

Also, 2 years ago we were coerced into buying more points with the guarantee that Wyndham will buy back at 20% of what we paid if we wanted out. Anybody have more info on this?

Ok, you can stop laughing now! :)
You can form an LLC or Trust to keep the VIP Platinum status intact on transfer. That has worked in the past but no guarantee it will in the future.
When you say make a couple of bucks. Don't know what you have invested but you will not get anything close to what Wyndham is selling points for today.

On Wyndham buying back at 20%. That would be in your contract if you qualify.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Questioning about using ovations??? Contracts are in fairshare trust. All paid in full and up to date Silver vip. Enjoy upgrades but usually unable to get anyone to join us by the time it opens. Have rented some to help pay fees and given some to family but now not sure of decisiou to make. The family is tired of hearing but I need to be wise. Contracts are 192k ocean walk Daytona , 105k branson at the falls and 105k.
Great Smokies Lodge.

fer829

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points (Limited Edition expires 2023)
Contracts are in fairshare trust.
Since you identify it as fairshare you probably bought when it was named Fairfield and the name has changed to Wyndham.
You are a member of ClubWyndham Plus and you should call Ovations at 888-752-1362 to get information.

If you are talking about your own trust, it still utilizes Wyndham.
You are a member of ClubWyndham Plus and you should call Ovations at 888-752-1362 to get information.

Contracts are 192k ocean walk Daytona , 105k branson at the falls and 105k Great Smokies Lodge.
Since you have contracts that are all points, the points are all part of the Wyndham trust utilizing the points system.

If you think you want to give back your contracts:

If you want to know which or all of your timeshares can be given back:

If you have questions about Ovations program:

The best advise anyone here can give you is...

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you. Just have to wait til October 22 when all 402+ have been used.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Since you identify it as fairshare you probably bought when it was named Fairfield and the name has changed to Wyndham.

If you are talking about your own trust, it still utilizes Wyndham.

Since you have contracts that are all points, the points are all part of the Wyndham trust utilizing the points system.

If you think you want to give back your contracts:

If you want to know which or all of your timeshares can be given back:

If you have questions about Ovations program:

The best advise anyone here can give you is...
After receiving my clubwyndham membership in my trust account for making reservations, I am not anxious about selling for dollars anymore. I am not in CWA since the fair share vacation trust voted out from Great Smokies Lodge last November where Wyndham had put them.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
After receiving my clubwyndham membership in my trust account for making reservations, I am not anxious about selling for dollars anymore. I am not in CWA since the fair share vacation trust voted out from Great Smokies Lodge last November where Wyndham had put them.
While you may own non CWA deeded UDI at Great Smokies Lodge that doesn't mean that there isn't points from there in CWA. If you own deeded anywhere, it won't become part of CWA unless you surrender your deed and then purchase or exchange for CWA. Wyndham may have decided not to deposit additional deeds from that resort into CWA although I haven't seen any evidence of that but it certainly hasn't removed all of the Great Smokies Lodge deeds from the trust.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You are right deed was purchased in 2012 and put in my trust and that was the same time deeds were entered from GSL into both accounts (CWA OR Fair share Vacation trust) which gave me hope if the trust opted out which they did last November.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Succumbed to CWA and now have to rescind .I noticed in the presentation there are only 9+ million Wyndham Worldwide. It has been 11+. What happened to the 2+

Hoping to be able to shred this rather than rescind at the office today. LifeLock put a stop to the auto pay which may change the transaction. I called Wyndham Cares after I had signed but they said Ovation was the only way to exit. I didn't mention the new contract to them as I still enjoy my vacations. The best thing I heard from them was since I don't owe anything and pay fees promptly, they will not bother the grandchildren after my death.

Last edited:

kmesaaz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, holding my breath, but the Ovations program sounds like it is going to work. After calling several wrong numbers, and being transferred to various wrong departments, the process for the Inventory Return Program should begin today. The (winning) phone number is 866-313-8547. This is the Ovations program, the Inventory Return Program. In a nutshell, they will email the documents you need to complete, get notarized, and return. They will then submit the paperwork you return to the title department, to the title clerk. The next step in the process then begins and it may take up to 10 weeks for them to complete the process. When the process/new deed is completed and in their name, they will send a final letter to the owner. FYI, I own a deeded week, it is paid in full, and the MF are up to date. Don't know how Ovation would work for others whose situation is different. BTW, there are no fees and no impact on my credit. I own Shell points, Worldmark points, and a deeded week through Shell Vacations club. If I could continue to travel as much as in the past, I would! But, owning a couple of dogs and a mule, as well as turning 70, kind of keeps me close to home these days.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, holding my breath, but the Ovations program sounds like it is going to work. After calling several wrong numbers, and being transferred to various wrong departments, the process for the Inventory Return Program should begin today. The (winning) phone number is 866-313-8547. This is the Ovations program, the Inventory Return Program. In a nutshell, they will email the documents you need to complete, get notarized, and return. They will then submit the paperwork you return to the title department, to the title clerk. The next step in the process then begins and it may take up to 10 weeks for them to complete the process. When the process/new deed is completed and in their name, they will send a final letter to the owner. FYI, I own a deeded week, it is paid in full, and the MF are up to date. Don't know how Ovation would work for others whose situation is different. BTW, there are no fees and no impact on my credit. I own Shell points, Worldmark points, and a deeded week through Shell Vacations club. If I could continue to travel as much as in the past, I would! But, owning a couple of dogs and a mule, as well as turning 70, kind of keeps me close to home these days.
I used ovations a few years ago for a property in excess of my 402,000 and had great service. My hesitance now is losing my VIP status, discounts and upgrades and ability to book online. When I can no longer travel those won't be a problem .

kmesaaz

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, holding my breath was no help. I did not receive the email with the documents to complete as I was told yesterday. Today I called the above number and talked to a different person who told me a different story. Now, they will do a title search first, then send the documents to me to complete. I was told this could take a couple of weeks. I am going to call again on Monday because the very first call re: this matter was actually made back in November, and I never received an email or the documents. This is pitiful.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I used ovations a few years ago for a property in excess of my 402,000 and had great service. My hesitance now is losing my VIP status, discounts and upgrades and ability to book online. When I can no longer travel those won't be a problem .
I called Wyndham Cares about donating my contracts for mental illness in Alabama but their recipient is only Wounded Warriors and that is a good cause. I decided to gift some of my points for my charities.
I just learned my three contracts are now CWA when I received my Gold VIP card.

Last edited:

Texcollex

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island
Well, holding my breath, but the Ovations program sounds like it is going to work. After calling several wrong numbers, and being transferred to various wrong departments, the process for the Inventory Return Program should begin today. The (winning) phone number is 866-313-8547. This is the Ovations program, the Inventory Return Program.

Are they offering points or just to take it off your hands for nothing?

Last edited:

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own 2 contracts, both resale (Pagosa and Fairfield Glade, 156k points each).

We only have 19,500 points left that are available for 2019.

I called today and started the Ovation process. They are taking back both contracts. We are not being compensated. The process will take 6-8 weeks (I will follow up on this post with the actual timeline as things occur). They are emailing documents and all owners have to sign and get them notarized.

We have enjoyed our Wyndham experience, but we are moving on and turning our deeds back over to Wyndham. I got both contracts for free on the TUGS board, so I am getting back what I paid for them....nothing. :^)

SIDE NOTE: I knew we were looking at this in 2019, so I borrowed points from 2019 and used them in 2018. I had previously called Wyndham about Ovation and was told that in order for a contract to qualify, it needed to be paid off, main. fee up to date, and no future year points used. Current year points could be used already.

Thanks for all the input over the years!

Richard

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the information from the email they sent today after I called:

Maintenance Fee: Must be and stay current until process is complete. Any paid fees are not refundable.

Documentation to return inventory: You understand that you will receive by email documentation to return your inventory. These documents must be signed, notarized, and returned within the number of days indicated on the documentation. Please keep in mind the sooner the documentation is returned the earlier the process may be completed.

Processing Timeframe: Processing timeframes are 6 to 8 weeks to complete the entire process and to receive a cancellation letter.

Title Issues: Discrepancies with owner recorded transfer deeds, issues with chain of title, missing documentation needed to record with deed to return inventory, proof of name changes, estate matters etc. and other changes that were not received by Wyndham Title department, may delay the processuntil proper documentation is received.

Ownership: You must own contract for at least 12 months

Third Party Financial Institution: Any portion of loan paid using a credit card or any other financial institution (PayPal, bank loan, mortgage equity or other) is of sole responsibility of owner accepting an Ovation option.

Reservations: All reservations will be canceled and points forfeited. You will be able to keep any secured reservation paid with Resort Condominium International (RCI).

New Travel reservations during Ovation process: In the event that you book a reservation during this process your request to return your inventory may be cancelled. In case you use your points/credits with Wyndham Destinations or one of its business partners (Travel, RCI, and others) during the process, your cancelation may be interrupted and you will have to wait until the next use year to participate in the Ovation program, once all points are available.

Points usage: Future year’s points must be unused or reservation must be canceled or point rental option is also available.

Multiple contracts: One acknowledgement per contract is required and must be returned.

Ovation by Wyndham offer: Program and inventory acceptance may change without notice. Any changes in the program, will not impact a case that is in process.

Restrain

Reaction score
I owned a deeded timeshare unit in Pompano Beach but paid effectively 0 for it. Enjoyed it then moved to SW FL, minutes from the beaches. Cost to sell (deed prep, exchange costs, etc) just not practical. Used their program, got rid of it, easy peasy.

Definitely recommend this program.

Texcollex

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island
I successfully used the Ovation program to get out of my Odd year points plan. It took about two months. My resort was partially owned by another company so they had to do some extra research to make sure my title was wholly Wyndham.

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just mailed out my notarized paperwork last week. It was an odd yr resale contract with high maintenance fees. Will be very happy when the process is complete. Of note I called Ovation 2 yrs ago about this same contract and was denied. So don’t give up if you first get a no.

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
received a letter today: please be advised that the final processing of your contract cancellation has been completed :)

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am helping my parents get out of their only contract and called the Ovation phone number earlier today. This contract was purchased RESALE (15 years ago give or take). After the rep looked up this contract, my parents were presented with two options:

1) Interval return (may not be correct wording), simply giving it back to Wyndham with approx. 8 week turaround.

2) 3 years of free usage. I was caught off guard since I thought only contracts purchased direct from developer were entitled to this. My father chose option 1 and Wyndham has began the process.

What am I missing here? I'm wondering if the phone rep could have made a mistake, or if there are any conditions to option 2? My parents simply want out and we don't want these points. It's a 105K annual contract. After stewing on this for a bit, I decided to post this because I'm not so sure that option 2 wouldn't have been a better deal if it wasn't a mistake. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I am helping my parents get out of their only contract and called the Ovation phone number earlier today. This contract was purchased RESALE (15 years ago give or take). After the rep looked up this contract, my parents were presented with two options:

1) Interval return (may not be correct wording), simply giving it back to Wyndham with approx. 8 week turaround.

2) 3 years of free usage. I was caught off guard since I thought only contracts purchased direct from developer were entitled to this. My father chose option 1 and Wyndham has began the process.

What am I missing here? I'm wondering if the phone rep could have made a mistake, or if there are any conditions to option 2? My parents simply want out and we don't want these points. It's a 105K annual contract. After stewing on this for a bit, I decided to post this because I'm not so sure that option 2 wouldn't have been a better deal if it wasn't a mistake. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark
Interesting.

I will be calling soon as well about a resale 203K contract.
Which number did you call, I see several on the thread?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bentley Brook
I called 855-312-9040 today, a week after a family reunion at Wyndham Newport Long Wharf. I used my points up. I have two contracts. One is a 20yo deed at Bentley Brook for 164,500 points. The second is UDI for 329,000 points.

I was told both my contracts qualify for Ovation, and I could do the Limited Edition program if I did both contracts. I did the LE. We get 3 years of use starting when the contracts are signed and accepted. I can’t roll over points or use RCI. But I rarely did that anyway.

I had my January Bonnet Creek reservation cancelled. And I had to pay for points I borrowed when booking a last minute unit for a college visit, but it was only $220 or so. I guess I am losing some maintenance fees, since I pay it in full in Jan., and I expect to close in August. But 4 months of fees for 3 years usage seems good to me.

My husband has Parkinson’s so flying or driving far is very uncomfortable for him. We bought when our disabled son (wheelchair, feeding tube, tracheostomy, non verbal, 24/7 care required) was 2. He is now 22. We liked the idea of a 2BR where we could be with him for care and had a full kitchen with fridge and lots of space for the wheelchair and other medical equipment, while our daughter often got the Master. She is now going to college, and we haven’t brought our son with us for a few years. He is too big and it is a lot for me as my husband’s condition makes it more difficult for him to assist caregiving our son. We have used the past 6 years Spring Breaks for our daughter as respite from caregiving our son. We’ve to March in Bonnet Creek, Sedona, Steamboat Springs skiing, San Francisco and Honolulu, Southern CA, skiing at Smugglers Notch.

Been many places, and gifted a few weeks to family and friends. Enjoyed it all, but just don’t want to deal with it anymore. 3 years of guilt free if we can’t use our free points works for me!

I am now waiting for paperwork.