• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sticky - Give back your unwanted wyndham Timeshare - Wyndham Ovations / Wyndham Cares / Certified Exit

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Updated this 2/2024 - here is the current link to the wyndham giveback program:

Just wanted to put this in as a sticky after my experience today with deeding back 3 points intervals using the Ovation program, it was very easy other than the extreme hold time (45min) to get to an operator for this program.

Here is the current (as of 3/2021) phone number to call to inquire if you qualify to deed your unit back to wyndham:

Wyndham 1-855-312-9040
Worldmark 1-855-312-9041
Shell 1-866-313-8547

questions were asked about membership/ownership..and badabing badaboom...we were told instantly if our weeks did or didnt qualify for the deedback. We were informed that the paperwork would be mailed to the owners address to be signed/notarized and that the overall process could take a few weeks, but otherwise this was extremely painless! I just wanted to add this as a sticky similar to the DRI deedback announcement, and ill link a few of the other ovation threads below!

So if you are just looking to be out of your wyndham timeshare, this is a valid option!

you can also read an existing discussion thread about the ovation program here: Wyndham Ovations Thread

6/2016 - Wyndham announces "Tribute" program!

In this new program, Wyndham allows you to transfer ownership to a family member at no cost! A great benefit to those who wish to plan for the future and keep their ownership in the family!

Wyndham owners can go here to read more information about both programs (wyndham login required) http://myclubwyndham.com/ovation

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I deeded back one points contract last year, and two more last month. Very easy, no muss no fuss. Since I paid less than $150 for each the fact that I received no compensation was not an issue for me..

crispcook

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ovation only for WorldMark owners?

Is the Ovation program open to Wyndham points? Or only to WorldMark owners?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to tug!

its a wyndham vs a worldmark program...would suggest calling the number to get started (expect a bit of a hold)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the Ovation program open to Wyndham points? Or only to WorldMark owners?

The Ovation program is available to both Wyndham and WorldMark owners. Details vary according to which program.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
industry sure does love to toot its own horn on things! here is ARDA awarding wyndham for their ovation program...

An option to deedback an unneeded timeshare at no cost and with a guaranteed successful transfer versus paying a PCC an upfront fee of thousands to maybe or maybe not release the owner from their maintenance fee obligation seems worth an award.:shrug:

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score

PianoTuner

Reaction score
Trying to decide

I called Wyndham/Ovation and spoke with someone about this. Sounds super easy. We have 126,000 points biennial at Wyndham Smoky Mountains (since 2006). I want to just sign the papers and get out, my husband wants to try and sell. I think we got a "decent" deal when we bought and pretty much have gotten our money's worth. The MF have gone from $24/month to $54/month and will continue to rise. Things have changed in our lives since we purchased and we just need to get out and don't want to have to deal with "renting" out what little we have. After reading how hard it is to sell timeshares and what a hassle it is, I'm looking for advice/thoughts on the subject. Thanks.

Last edited:

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called Wyndham/Ovation and spoke with someone about this. Sounds super easy. .... After reading how hard it is to sell timeshares and what a hassle it is, I'm looking for advice/thoughts on the subject. Thanks.

I have both sold (actually gave away) and used Ovation (a little renting as well). Ovation was a breeze and is actually no cost. for both sales I did I ended up paying 1/2 closing, but not the transfer fee. Ovation was very fast and took barely 3 weeks from call to gone. The sales took a few months from listing in the bargain bin to completion. Both "buyers were not a problem and seemed to be very happy with there purchases. It just took a lot more time and effort. The 2 I returned via Ovation were the least desirable of my holdings.

Reaction score
Ovation by Wyndham Program

Through your site I learned about the Wyndham Ovation program. I called the number given 855-312-9040 and through a very easy process of submitting three pages with notarized signatures it is done at no cost to us! It took about 3 1/2 weeks and we are no longer owners of a week at Fairways of the Mountains.

I have been trying to sell/give it away since 2009 and several times was very tempted by companies offering to help for a fee. Thank you, TUG, for guiding me away from those offers! I did put it on TUG site for sale for $0 when I joined last July but got no takers.

Fairways of the Mountains is a delightful resort. It is part of Rumbling Bald Resort in the beautiful North Carolina mountains about 45 minutes from Asheville. The golf is wonderful and the scenery is gorgeous. We inherited it from my parents. We have enjoyed it for many years, but it was time to let it go.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Friendly suggestion - you should change your user name to something that is not your email address. The bad guys have programs that harvest emails from the internet and sell them to spammers.

Click on Contact BBS Admin in the blue bar at the bottom of the page, and send them a message with your current user name, and what you'd like to change it to.

perigo449

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got this in an e-mail today.

Announcing Tribute by Wyndham

We're excited to announce a new Ovation by Wyndham exit option available exclusively to Wyndham timeshare owners. Tribute by Wyndham enables qualified owners to transfer deeded and non-deeded contracts to a family member at no cost.

To learn more about this and other Ovation by Wyndham exit options, visit myclubwyndham.com/ovation or call 855-312-9040 to speak with an Ovation by Wyndham representative.

Gophesjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shell's Ovation program

I spoke with the Wyndham folks last week about my Shell Interval at Orange Tree (floating week rather than points). They said that the resort qualifies and I would be receiving the paperwork in the mail to give it back to them. I am excited because once it is gone, I want to replace it with a comparable Wyndham points ownership. (I know, you may think I'm crazy, but...) :wave:

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I don't think you're crazy. As long as you buy it on the resale market and not direct from Wyndham ;-)

Mark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

therese

TUG Member
Reaction score
wyndham buy back program

Ok my friends are in a bit of trouble financially. Needless to say they have over $180,000 (yes) wrapped up in Wyndham points. They first bought about 2 years ago and then kept getting roped in for more points. Now things have changed they still owe 60 grand and the fees are around 5 grand a year for all their points.
They recently lost their job and are in their 60's so likelihood of another job is grim. They need to get out of this. They are willing to go belly up on the money they have already paid. Any help or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
They won't qualify for ovations. They only accept paid in full deeds and contracts. They need to tell Wyndham that they can no longer pay there mortgage and monthly fees and will not be paying anymore. See if they can get a deed in lieu of foreclosure and hope they can get the credit hit minimized. If Wyndham refuses to deal, they need to stop payments and let Wyndham foreclose and take any associated hit on their credit which is probably already pretty dinged in their situation. As soon as they fall behind or are offered the deed in Lieu of foreclosure, they forfeit use of the points and any already confirmed reservations.

Picker57

TUG Member
Reaction score
I spoke with the Wyndham folks last week about my Shell Interval at Orange Tree (floating week rather than points). They said that the resort qualifies and I would be receiving the paperwork in the mail to give it back to them.

THAT is interesting ! We recently did an 'update' with Shell, and were told that Wyndham was now including SVC members in their Ovations program, and that they would buy our points back at 50-75% of what we paid for them. That sounded fishy, since we'd been told the same thing 18 months ago and it was all BS. And it's evidently still BS. I did query Shell, and the reply indicated that they (Shell) do have a program whereby they'll accept the points, no mention of compensation or Wyndham. Will definitely stay tuned for more developments on this.
Zach

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score

THAT is interesting ! We recently did an 'update' with Shell, and were told that Wyndham was now including SVC members in their Ovations program, and that they would buy our points back at 50-75% of what we paid for them. That sounded fishy, since we'd been told the same thing 18 months ago and it was all BS. And it's evidently still BS. I did query Shell, and the reply indicated that they (Shell) do have a program whereby they'll accept the points, no mention of compensation or Wyndham. Will definitely stay tuned for more developments on this.
Zach
This will boost the inventory available to club pass.
Someday, probably open to worldmark way before Wyndham. $99 is not too bad to trade into a whole other system.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

Zach
The Ovations program for the most part is only a free deed back program for fully paid up to date accounts. Wyndham isn't paying to get the deed back. There are some properties within the system, for which they offer three years of points usage with no MF's, if the owned property is on the specific list and was purchased directly from the developer.

Picker57

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Ovations program for the most part is only a free deed back program for fully paid up to date accounts. Wyndham isn't paying to get the deed back. There are some properties within the system, for which they offer three years of points usage with no MF's, if the owned property is on the specific list and was purchased directly from the developer.

That sounds plausible. So...is this a Wyndham program or something entirely within Shell? Or is there any difference at this point? Would one contact Shell or Wyndham to find out more about Ovations vis-a-vis Shell owners? Thanks for any insights you can provide.

kjack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all of the information! I was able to help my parents turn over their small 84,000 point Branson timeshare and they qualified for the three years worth of points. We all are relieved to have it turned back over and out of their hands. They haven't been able to travel for several years now. I did consider the tribute program but since my family has 308,000 points with Wyndham (that I was able to get resale thanks to all the help from here!) and don't go over the annual usage this seemed the best route. Thank you again all that have posted information about this program!

Kaye

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Just checked my Wyndham account and found that the points for my Ovations transfer back week are no longer in the account. I don't remember how long this process took, but about a month. Only difficulty of process was getting documents notarized (which should be expected for a deeded property). I went into my back account to see if they had reduced my monthly deduction of m/f (kept one t/s) and found that yes, they have reduced their auto pay for my m/f - but surprised me with a reimbursement for the m/f paid year-to-date for this t/s. I'd considered those costs lost. Good job Wyndham!

I'd received this t/s for free, but the m/f for the resort was out of line for the amount of points. So glad to get out of this. Otherwise, I love the Wyndham chain.