• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

CalifasGirl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
exchange ad credits for membership credits?

I have a huge number of ad credits that I will never use. Could I exchange them for membership credits instead? :ponder:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
no, ad credits are a bonus to membership...not the other way around =)

SignoraEdie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Finding my previous reviews

Is there a quick way to locate the reviews that I have written OR to see how many I have submitted? I have checked my account page but do not see anything that reflects that.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its not linked that way, when they get submitted an email is sent (for historical backup)...and thats linked to your account in our membership database.

When its time to renew, we merely reference the review submission emails and extend as applicable.

SignoraEdie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Brian. I thought I wrote a review for Inn at the Opera in SF but cannot find it posted...lesson learned, save emails from TUG! :)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
whenever a review is successfully submitted, you get both an on screen THANK YOU, an instant email thank you, and both myself and the review manager also get a copy of the review in email.

if none of these happened, we did not recieve the review.

SherryS

TUG Member
Reaction score
whenever a review is successfully submitted, you get both an on screen THANK YOU, an instant email thank you, and both myself and the review manager also get a copy of the review in email.

if none of these happened, we did not recieve the review.

Brian, I submitted a review a few months ago for Florida Bay Club that was eligible for a membership extension. My review has posted, but I did not get an email, nor has my membership been extended. (I submitted the review when I had very poor coverage for my computer connection.)
Could you please check on this for me? Thanks!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
for membership issues please send me an email to tug@tug2.net

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I submitted a review twice for Westin Ka'anapali KAA, and not once did it post to the review section. Something isn't working. Yes, I did get the thank you for the review message, but where is the review?

I was going to submit an additional review for the Hono Koa and am waiting to see if my other one ever shows up. It's been days....

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I show your kaa review was submitted just fine.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
So do the reviews not show right away? Mine is not there yet. Still says like 156 days since the last review of KAA.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
no, it hasnt been posted until the review manager logs in and approves it.

SherryS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Brian,

I've written to this email address but haven't gotten a response. I don't know if I'm missing getting something in my inbox.

It took me two tries before I was able to get a response. I suggest trying again!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Brian literally gets thousands of emails a day, so be sure the subject of your email is very specific.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Still no response via email or on this thread. My membership expired at the beginning of September. At that time I asked if I submitted a review for an upcoming trip could I get an extension. I didn't get a response but wrote a review of Trapp Family Lodge anyway and and sent it to the above email. Still no response. Even though I'm still listed as a member and not a guest, I can't log into the Database to see if it was posted.

I thought it was a pretty good review.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The last on posted was by mollydog: Date Of Visit - Apr 01, 2011
Date Of Review - May 09, 2011

According to the link, a 6 mo. membership extension is being offered.

The area Rep. is Kathy Pitch and here is a link to contact here - http://tug2.com/RnR/RepLinks.aspx?ResortArea=14

lindner

TUG Member
Reaction score
ad credits?

When we pay for renewal, we get 25 ad credits. If we write enough reviews to get a years renewal, do we also get 25 ad credits?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
no....the ad credits are a bonus for paid renewal.

you can exchange a review credit for an ad credit if you like, they are both worth about the same.

Quiet Pine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
How Long Before Review Credit Extends Membership

I submitted a review of HSC Hotel Santa Clara on December 9. It has posted. A review credit hasn't yet extended my membership. In the past, I thought it took a week or two to appear. Just wondering...

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
is your membership up for renewal?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I submitted a review of HSC Hotel Santa Clara on December 9. It has posted. A review credit hasn't yet extended my membership. In the past, I thought it took a week or two to appear. Just wondering...

TUG does not automatically extend your membership. Some reviews can get either rental ad credits or membership extension. The admin has no way to know which you want. You use your review credits at the time of membership renewal to let the admin know you want to extend your membership.

I wish there was a way to set a preference in your account to indicate what you wanted; ad credits or automatic extension when you submit a review. We will never use ad credits and want all of my reviews (and referrals) to give membership extension. If it happened automatically I would probably never get a membership renewal e-mail.