TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $13,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $13Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Staying on Disney Property

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by dja1980, Oct 5, 2019.

1. dja1980

dja1980 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Tuscany Village
    Hi All,

My family and I are looking to book a Disney vacation in October of 2020. We've been owners at Orlando Tuscany Village since 2011 (thanks to this forum), and we stay at our home resort annually. However, we've been holding off on going to Disney until our girls are 7 & 8. And, since 2020 marks that time, we figured it might be fun to stay on Disney property to get the full Disney experience. We're just in the beginning stages of planning, but one thing we've never done is exchanged thru RCI... so I figured it might be worth reaching out to see if anyone who has some experience in this area can give us some pointers. Any advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance... Dave & Vanessa

2. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

Well You certainly can exchange into Disney. However you should only expect to get a 1Br at Saratoga springs as that is all that Disney is depositing. Sometimes you will also find Okw or akv but they are rare. Your checkin days are Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

This year Disney have deposited October around 5-7 months in advance and it seems that they continue to do so with other dates. For comparison Easter 2020 was just deposited.

I recommend that you setup an ongoing search in RCI so you get sort of first dips at the inventory when it’s deposited.

I also recommend that when we reach 7 month before check that you start checking RCI for any available dvc inventory.

Remember that there will be a $190 fee payable when you checkin.

3. Mizzou39

Mizzou39 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC - Tuscany, HGVC Parc Soliel
    Cyberc - can you explain the point exchange for DVC? In other words how many HGV points are required for a stay at Sarasota Springs?

4. PigsDad

PigsDad TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
    There is a standard exchange point table for all RCI resorts. For high season, a 2BR is 4800 points, and a 1BR is 3400 points.

I would second the recommendation of setting up an ongoing search in RCI now. October is a surprisingly popular time for Disney, so you want to be in the queue as early as possible to get a match in RCI.

Kurt

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    louisianab and escanoe like this.
  5. frank808

frank808 TUG Member

I thought a 2br trade was 4800 hgvc points. Did it change recently as my last HGVC trade was over 3 years ago?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

6. RX8

RX8 TUG Member

You are correct. It is still 4800 points for a 2 bedroom.

7. Mizzou39

Mizzou39 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Can you trade for less than a week? We would also probably not be look at high season since kids start college next fall (Yeah!!!) I would use this as a quick getaway with my wife.

8. PigsDad

PigsDad TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Yep, my bad! I corrected it above.

Kurt

9. brp

brp TUG Member

I'll start by saying that I have nothing to add to the specific nuances of this discussion as we have never done, and would never need, to do this. We own at DVC, so we use those points.

With that said, we are two adults, no kids (mrs. brp debates the "no kids" thing, and I may be inclined to agree with her). With, or without, kids, there is nothing like staying on the Disney properly. I've done it multiple times both ways and, to me, there is no comparison. Yeah, off-site resorts can be of better quality for the money/points. But if the goal is Disney, really nothing like being here (says the man leaving for WDW in about 2 weeks :))

Cheers.

Denise L likes this.
  10. pianodinosaur

pianodinosaur TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
    The Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek might be be a viable alternative if you cannot book a Disney timeshare but still insist on being on the Disney property. However, you would then be staying in hotel room rather than a timeshare. Transportation from Tuscany Village to any of the Orlando theme parks is easy to arrange. We visited Epcot, Universal, and Sea World during our last trip to Orlando in 2017. Four of our close friends have taken Disney Cruises out of Orlando after a hotel stay on the Disney property. They traveled with children and loved it.

11. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 14.4K Points.
    Absolutely. There are search filters on the left side of the RCI portal screen, there is one for length of stay, pick 1-6 days. By doing this you are searching points inventory, not weeks. I dont believe you can set an OGS for points inventory however. The shorter stays cost less in exchange fees, pro-rated by days.

If you join TUG and monitor the Sightings forum you will see messages reporting some of these unicorns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

12. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

You can’t exchange into Disney for less than 7 days. You are allowed to checkout our earlier or arrive later if you prefer. However you still pay for all 7 nights.

13. mdurette

mdurette Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

I thought DVC had a regional block, thus not allowing OP that already owns in Orlando to exchange into it. I could be wrong......

14. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

That is true, however with mini systems like HGVC the points all originate from the same place, therefore any regional block from any resort is invalidated.

So RCI nor the resorts can see where the hgvc points are coming from.

15. Mizzou39

Mizzou39 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Dave - please don't laugh at me... I am a TUG member but have never been able to find the Sightings forum. Can you tell me where to find it?

16. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 14.4K Points.
    From the main tugbbs page its the very last forum in the list, you have to scroll all the way to the bottom. Here is a direct link.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?forums/sightings-distressed.3/

You will see several recent titled RCI Points, those can be booked for less than 7 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

17. PigsDad

PigsDad TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Don't you need to be a paid TUG member in order to have access to the sightings board?

Kurt

18. presley

presley TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

You are showing as a guest under your name. That means you aren't really set up as a member. If you've already paid the $15. there's instructions on how to change the title under your name at the top of this page.

19. Mizzou39

Mizzou39 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Ok, hopefully I have that corrected now. Thank you!

presley likes this.
  20. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

Unfortunately not. Your are still showing up as guest.

21. emoneybug

emoneybug Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Disney - Saratoga Springs 365pts (resale)
    Does Disney have Studio for trade also or just mainly the 1 bdrm SSR mentioned above?

22. escanoe

escanoe TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
    Woodstone (Luxury, RCI Points) at Massanutten Resort
    See thread above about becoming a TUG member and viewing the sightings board. It has a great Disney stickey on it. 1BRs are all that have been spotted through RCI for some time.

23. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

Yes only 1br and mainly for SSR.

However last week there was 1BR inventory at BWV, BRV, OKW and AKV too. First time in years that I have seen AKV, BWV and BRV available.

Those sightings was posted in the sighting forum for members only but are all gone now.

emoneybug and escanoe like this.
  24. Arimaas

Arimaas TUG Member

Along those lines, Wyndham Bonnet Creek is "on property" that is, beyond the welcome gates (but isn't connected via Monorail or a Disney ran facility). Probably pretty easy to get in there with RCI. We stayed there last year, it's a traditional Timeshare style accommodation - kitchen, W/D, etc. loved it.

25. JohnB3

JohnB3 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    DVC - SSR
    VV - Grandview
    MHB - Marriott Willow Ridge
    While Bonnet creek is nearby and a better value in my mind it's not the same as staying on property (as defined by disney). If your visit to orlando is to visit the house of the mouse there are a couple of things that make staying in a disney property worthwhile, First is access to fast passes at 60 days and second is extra magic hours and finally if you stay at DVC you can park at the parks and resorts for free as well as use the airport transportation for free. For those things I find the premium worthwhile. To the OP Join TUG the sighting board has a great deal of info on trading into disney. I too have DVC points but I also trade in most years thru RCI. My girls can't get enough disney.

ljmiii, louisianab and escanoe like this.