• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Staying at Cypress Pointe in early January -- will I have problems?

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed at Cypress Pointe in Orlando years ago and liked it. But now that DRI has taken over, I have some concerns.

First, I didn't realize the resort had no elevators. I use a wheelchair and absolutely must have a first floor unit. If I call in advance and request a first floor unit, do you think I will have a problem getting one? I have a handicapped permit from my home state that shows I'm permamently disabled. I don't need a fully-ADA compliant unit, although it's fine if the resort gives me one.

Also, I've heard that parking at the resort is very difficult. Do you think having a handicapped permit will help?

And, what is the upkeep like at the resort? I have heard the resort has gotten run-down. Has DRI made any upgrades yet? (I know how DRI loves to charge owners for upgrades!)

It's a shame that DRI got control of this resort. I wonder if that would have happened if the late, great John Chase (Timeos2) were alive. :(

By the way, hi to all of my friends on TUG! Yes, I am still alive, but I had a broken leg that made sitting at the computer difficult. (And I'm terrible at typing on mobile devices.) But, I'm back online, at least some of the time.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
First I would check Tug Resort Rating and Reviews Section on the Resort. I would send a letter requesting an ADA villa or a first floor villa because you are disable and that you use a wheel chair. Every resort must have designated handicapped parking spaces.

I also would check TripAdvisor for their reviews on the resort.

The late John Chase was a good man and loved his Cypress Pointe Resort.
RIP..John Chase.

January should be less crowded at the resort.
Good luck.

Last edited:

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
As per the last 2 meetings presentation of US Collection:
Major Project planned/completed at Cypress Pointe:
  • pool and/or patio furniture replacement completed in 2016
  • sofa beds and mattresses replacement completed in 2016
  • Installed RFID key systems completed in 2016
  • patio furniture in 30 suites planned for 2017
  • ADA improvement completed in 2017
  • ADA improvement planned for 2018

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
The late John Chase was a good man and loved his Cypress Pointe Resort.
RIP..John Chase.
I am sorry he is gone & I still miss him.

His death diminished our timeshare enthusiasm, plus our former affection for Cypress Pointe Resort. To us, Cypress Point now is just another Orlando timeshare. So it goes.

Meanwhile, congratulations are in order for John's & Joanne's daughter, who married recently.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​