• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Starting My Kauai Vacation

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Anyone? Looks like fun. Thanks for the link.

They did a very good job helping and making it easier for two handicapped couples that were on our tour. He let them drive to a few places the others couldn’t. So if someone can get in a golf cart they can enjoy the tour.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
After putting these videos on here, I can tell any my wife usually does the videos, I mutter too much.:)

Wind is bad on a few too.:rolleyes:
I’m definitely not too god in the video department.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jack Johnson in Poipu for the Kokua for Kauai Flood Benefit Concert.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jack Johnson and Makana. Mariana open the show and had a great set by himself.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I also wanted to share a story about our trip home. Our flights were Lihue to San Francisco, San Francisco to Denver and Denver to Madison, WI.

Everything was uneventful until we landed in Denver. This is where we were going to relax for our last leg with a two hour layover. I have United Club passes but we wanted to stop and eat something a little substantial before we went up. It had been about 14 hours since we had our dinner the night before.

Pizza Hut was close so I was going to grab a pizza and my wife was going to go on the other side to get something else.

As soon as I got towards the back of the Pizza Hut, I thought I heard my wife call out my name. I looked out from the back and Of course couldn’t see anything so I stated to go up towards the front and a women came in asking if there was a Jeff in here saying my wife had fallen down.

I went right out there, which was probably two minutes since I left her and here she was sitting up on the tile floor just outside the Pizza Hut. She said a guy went by her and ran into her and knocked her over and he didn’t stop he just left. She said she hit her head on the floor.

As soon as I got to her, she immediately asked me to help her up which I did. There were two women there who had helped her until I got there. One got a bag of ice from the Pizza Hut and we put that on her head. She said she was fine so I thanked the lady’s and we went to the United Club. Before we went up I sat her on a bench in the entry of the club and talked to her a bit.

At first she seemed fine but then she kept asking about the ice and she didn’t know where it came from. Even after I told her about three times. The woman behind the desk at the Club asked if I wanted her to call someone and I said that she better. While we waited for the paramedics to arrive another woman Maureen from United came down and took all our information and she said she would help if we had to change our plans.

When the paramedics arrived she was still not too quick with answers. She knew we came from Kapaa but she couldn’t remember Kauai. Also her blood pressure was 194/107. So we took an ambulance ride to the hospital.

She started to get better on the ride there and She got even better while we stayed there. The doctors said she had a mild concussion and they gave her clearance to fly. The bump on her head was about as big as a half a Baseball.

Just as we were leaving the hospital she said, I remember, the guy that bumped into me did say he was sorry and they just quickly looked back at each other to say Sorry as she was turning around she lost her balance and fell.

So I call the lady at United and she says they got everything set for us and to stop back at the club and they would go over everything. They sent the new boarding passes to my app. So we grabbed a cab back and stopped back at the United club. Maureen meets us there and hugs my wife and tells her how sorry this all happened. We thanked her a ton for all her help and rearranging everything for us, no charge. Then she said to wait a minute and when she comes back she gives us two $500 United travel vouchers.

Now of this had anything to do with United mind you, we just stopped into the Club because that’s what we usually do. I again Thanked her a ton and off we went. Uneventful the rest of the way and we got home only four hours later than we originally would have.

Now It’s the day after and my wife feels good. Swelling went way down on her head and she’s not even sore. So as bad as it could have been, it turned out ok.

Maureen from United gave me her card and I will be writing them about the fantastic and caring service she provided my wife. We have always had good service with United and I do fly them a lot because I am close to their hub. I do fly them fairy often for work too but I don’t have any status with them.

I felt this was above and beyond and with all the bad press United has gotten I just wanted some people to hear this story.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A short video from our ride down to Anini Beach .

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A small portion of our Turtle Sanctuary hike.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I felt this was above and beyond and with all the bad press United has gotten I just wanted some people to hear this story.

Holy cow! I hope she's back to normal now. What a way to end your vacation! I think you need to go back. Does United fly to Hawaii? ;)

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holy cow! I hope she's back to normal now. What a way to end your vacation! I think you need to go back. Does United fly to Hawaii? ;)

Dave

Yep, she's fine and we'll be shopping for those Maui tickets now. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On my last day at The Pono Kai, I was out on the lanai when I noticed a kite surfer just on the other side of the canal so I walked over and got a few photos.

43A4B07F-B2A8-4BFE-A4DD-6731B5040280.jpeg

7831505F-EED5-4335-A1D7-C7F7BC6D7DDB.jpeg

312FC18E-4FB6-4F87-8D44-3236767EFC31.jpeg

This is what I saw from the lanai.

01CF0ACF-B203-411C-B0AF-02AB9FB114E6.jpeg

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I also wanted to share a story about our trip home. Our flights were Lihue to San Francisco, San Francisco to Denver and Denver to Madison, WI.

Everything was uneventful until we landed in Denver. This is where we were going to relax for our last leg with a two hour layover. I have United Club passes but we wanted to stop and eat something a little substantial before we went up. It had been about 14 hours since we had our dinner the night before.

Pizza Hut was close so I was going to grab a pizza and my wife was going to go on the other side to get something else.

As soon as I got towards the back of the Pizza Hut, I thought I heard my wife call out my name. I looked out from the back and Of course couldn’t see anything so I stated to go up towards the front and a women came in asking if there was a Jeff in here saying my wife had fallen down.

I went right out there, which was probably two minutes since I left her and here she was sitting up on the tile floor just outside the Pizza Hut. She said a guy went by her and ran into her and knocked her over and he didn’t stop he just left. She said she hit her head on the floor.

As soon as I got to her, she immediately asked me to help her up which I did. There were two women there who had helped her until I got there. One got a bag of ice from the Pizza Hut and we put that on her head. She said she was fine so I thanked the lady’s and we went to the United Club. Before we went up I sat her on a bench in the entry of the club and talked to her a bit.

At first she seemed fine but then she kept asking about the ice and she didn’t know where it came from. Even after I told her about three times. The woman behind the desk at the Club asked if I wanted her to call someone and I said that she better. While we waited for the paramedics to arrive another woman Maureen from United came down and took all our information and she said she would help if we had to change our plans.

When the paramedics arrived she was still not too quick with answers. She knew we came from Kapaa but she couldn’t remember Kauai. Also her blood pressure was 194/107. So we took an ambulance ride to the hospital.

She started to get better on the ride there and She got even better while we stayed there. The doctors said she had a mild concussion and they gave her clearance to fly. The bump on her head was about as big as a half a Baseball.

Just as we were leaving the hospital she said, I remember, the guy that bumped into me did say he was sorry and they just quickly looked back at each other to say Sorry as she was turning around she lost her balance and fell.

So I call the lady at United and she says they got everything set for us and to stop back at the club and they would go over everything. They sent the new boarding passes to my app. So we grabbed a cab back and stopped back at the United club. Maureen meets us there and hugs my wife and tells her how sorry this all happened. We thanked her a ton for all her help and rearranging everything for us, no charge. Then she said to wait a minute and when she comes back she gives us two $500 United travel vouchers.

Now of this had anything to do with United mind you, we just stopped into the Club because that’s what we usually do. I again Thanked her a ton and off we went. Uneventful the rest of the way and we got home only four hours later than we originally would have.

Now It’s the day after and my wife feels good. Swelling went way down on her head and she’s not even sore. So as bad as it could have been, it turned out ok.

Maureen from United gave me her card and I will be writing them about the fantastic and caring service she provided my wife. We have always had good service with United and I do fly them a lot because I am close to their hub. I do fly them fairy often for work too but I don’t have any status with them.

So glad she's ok and everything came together for you.

You hear so many bad stories....cause people are quick to complain, but slow to compliment....but your story proves that there are good folks out there that know how to do their jobs and care for people. Great story, and thanks for sharing.

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Oh wow, not a fun end to your fabulous trip. I'm so glad she's OK! I was going to be angry at the guy that knocked her over, but it sounds like maybe he didn't realize she fell after he bumped into her. What a great customer service story for United and that caring employee. Definitely above and beyond!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for all the well wishes. My wife is doing fine. She was fine on Sunday And went in to work today. Everything is back to normal.

So everything worked out well in the end and it didn’t put a damper on the trip.

We have been talking about the trip since we have been home and we both agree that this one was one if not the best we’ve had so far.

After we purchased our timeshare weeks, I told my wife that I would like to get our trips to where, when we get there, we just act like we live there. This trip is as close to that as we have come so far.

Thank You for your interest and letting me share it with you!!

taffy19

Reaction score
So glad she's ok and everything came together for you.

You hear so many bad stories....cause people are quick to complain, but slow to compliment....but your story proves that there are good folks out there that know how to do their jobs and care for people. Great story, and thanks for sharing.
So true. Happy to hear that his wife is OK.