• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

StarOptions Extra 44,375

dtm1968

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali, Westin Desert Willows, Palm Desert
Missed the July 1 cutoff to bank my StarOptions and have 44,375 remaining for the calendar year 2018. Any ideas what to do with those StarOptions, can I see them? I really don't want to lose them. Thanks.

Tradetimes

TUG Member
Reaction score
44 SO you can reserve to cancan or Atlantis this falls.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

dtm1968

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello Tradetimes, i've looked at Cancun and Los Cabos and all are showing booked during this fall. Atlantis is too far for us.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
The weather is good in Palm Desert and Scottsdale in October - early November; how about Kierland, Mission Hills, or WDW?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
*I moved your post out of the Bargain Deals Forum because that forum is only for giving away timeshares.

Vistana has a lot of resorts - I recommend that you use the Villa finder and see what's available for the rest of the year.

***Be sure you actually use the function to search for specific dates - the calendars are completely inaccurate.

You won't be able to be picky, but there is availability for short stays. Also - be aware that 61 days before check-in there are always cancellations, so that's a good time to look for cancellations that you can snag.

*If you are asking if you can directly rent or sell the Staroptions - you can't - there is no mechanism for transfering Staroptions to someone else.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fabulous weather in Rancho Mirage/Palm Desert area in Nov and Dec, i.e. Westin Mission Hills and Westin Desert Willow. Those 44K SOs go far during that period.

dtm1968

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fabulous weather in Rancho Mirage/Palm Desert area in Nov and Dec, i.e. Westin Mission Hills and Westin Desert Willow. Those 44K SOs go far during that period.

:), thank you for the reply. If I book, you want to take it off my hands?....just a thought, LOL.

Thank you as well DeniseM for moving the thread, and the suggestions.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
:), thank you for the reply. If I book, you want to take it off my hands?....just a thought, LOL.

Thank you as well DeniseM for moving the thread, and the suggestions.
Haha. We book there almost every Nov/Dec and Jan. But this year we will be in Asia for the whole month of Dec, so it won't work. In fact we booked at Westin Mission Hills for Nov/Dec using our expiring banked options and gave it to our neighbors.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Your only real option is to book something and use it, or book something and give it away to family or friends. There would be a guest certificate with fee involved in the latter.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Your only real option is to book something and use it, or book something and give it away to family or friends. There would be a guest certificate with fee involved in the latter.

Vistana does not have guest certificates or fees. You're thinking of II...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Vistana does not have guest certificates or fees. You're thinking of II...

If you want to put a guest name on it, you have to pay $59. We did that for our SO booking for our neighbors. No fees if reserving at home resort.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
If you want to put a guest name on it, you have to pay $59. We did that for our SO booking for our neighbors. No fees if reserving at home resort.

Um, not sure why you had to pay. I did the same not long ago and it was no charge, as I've done in the past.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
There may also be a housekeeping fee due upon check in depending based on the size of reserved unit depending on what you already booked.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Friendly reminder: rentals should not be offered or solicited in the discussion forums.

Vistana now charges a fee for Staroption Guest Confirmations, but Elite Owners get 1 free GC for each deed that they own and pay on a sliding scale.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
All I know is that I made a reservation a few months ago, am not elite, and there was no fee.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is no fee to make a reservation - there is a fee to get a Guest Confirmation, for a Staroption reservation.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
There is no fee to make a reservation - there is a fee to get a Guest Confirmation, for a Staroption reservation.

Once again, I made a reservation for a friend using my options, which can only be construed as a guest confirmation as it's in her name, and there was no fee. I hope that's clear.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is really strange, but I have heard of cases where the Phone Rep. forgot to charge the fee, so good for you!

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
That is really strange, but I have heard of cases where the Phone Rep. forgot to charge the fee, so good for you!

Now I wonder if they think I'm 3* Elite, since for a number of years they had my account classified that way since I had multiple deeds (even though they were resale).

Or, maybe I called the Elite reservation number (which I've used with success in the past, as it's usually better) and that person didn't even check. Hmm...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The fee varies, so I'm sure it is confusing for the Rep. and I bet they thought you were Elite, or just forgot.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Once again, I made a reservation for a friend using my options, which can only be construed as a guest confirmation as it's in her name, and there was no fee. I hope that's clear.

OK
Now I wonder if they think I'm 3* Elite, since for a number of years they had my account classified that way since I had multiple deeds (even though they were resale).

Or, maybe I called the Elite reservation number (which I've used with success in the past, as it's usually better) and that person didn't even check. Hmm...

If they thought you were 3* Elite, then the fee would have been only $10 off the $59 fee.

So, this was not a home resort reservation but a reservation less than 8 months in advance?

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
If they thought you were 3* Elite, then the fee would have been only $10 off the $59 fee.

Then the rep probably forgot.

So, this was not a home resort reservation but a reservation less than 8 months in advance?

Yes, I have only made one home resort reservation in the 13 years I've owned, and that was about ten years ago.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Then the rep probably forgot.

Maybe they show you as a 4* or 5* Elite!!! Each of those receive one complimentary guest confirmation annually per VOI. :cheer:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA