• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Split group Grand Bliss and Grand Luxxe at Riviera Maya

Suncoast

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Vidanta Mayan Palace
Then I am thankful we booked the exchange into NV side this trip, I haven’t been and excited to experience it. I love RM I believe One of our exchanges was just days before they changed the pp exchange rate change. But from what I read anything can change at anytime.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Shouldn't be a problem as an exchanger on the NV side; they don't discriminate that way there.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Grand Bliss can use everything except the Grand Luxxe pool. I would take the Grand Bliss for him, but when you register for your Grand Luxxe, have him with you and get him a GL bracelet. I always have them put them on loose enough so I can easily slip it off at night, showers, etc. If he has a GL wristband he could use anything you use, and then use his bracelet for the GB (door keys are probably in the bracelet for both GL and GB).

There is a good distance between GB and GL, but it is walkable, and there are carts that can make the walk shorter.

When we exchanged into GB RM for 2 weeks (4/20-5/4), we were not allowed to use the Beach Club even though they knew we were GL owners. But, if they are under the limit for occupancy, they should be able to get him a GL wristband. If you are in GB, you have to walk to GM Building 8 to catch the shuttle. There is only a shuttle from the front lobby of GB to the Beach Club, so we had to walk to and from the GM building 8 drop-off.

Flasher42

Reaction score
Looking with Interval International in Rivera Maya, I see Grand Luxxe Jungle suits. Is the access with these units the same as Grand Luxxe Residence Club? Has anyone stayed in them? Would you recommend them over the Grand Bliss?
Thanks

rpennisi

Reaction score
Looking with Interval International in Rivera Maya, I see Grand Luxxe Jungle suits. Is the access with these units the same as Grand Luxxe Residence Club? Has anyone stayed in them? Would you recommend them over the Grand Bliss?
Thanks
The same shuttles that go to the GL Residence Club go to the GL Jungle suites. They are connected to each other by the heavily vegetated cart roads. They have the same access privileges.
The Grand Bliss buildings are on the other side of the property near the Jungle Grand Mayan buildings. It's a bit confusing because they use the term "jungle" for some Grand Mayan and some Grand Luxxe buildings even though not near each other.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
We stayed in Jungle Luxxe in January. Nice units, but they’re all 1 BR suites. Footprint is the same as a Bliss/Mayan Palace 2 BR since they’re repurposed buildings that had been intended to be Bliss units. The living room area could be used for sleeping an extra 2 people, but if you’re more than 2, I’d consider Grand Bliss.

The Jungle Luxxe buildings are adjacent to the lazy river that’s been under construction for a while. Not sure when that will open, but I heard it’s not until next year. That will be a plus once it opens. There’s a separate lobby being built for these at the end of the line of the current Bliss buildings.

rpennisi

Reaction score
We stayed in Jungle Luxxe in January. Nice units, but they’re all 1 BR suites. Footprint is the same as a Bliss/Mayan Palace 2 BR since they’re repurposed buildings that had been intended to be Bliss units. The living room area could be used for sleeping an extra 2 people, but if you’re more than 2, I’d consider Grand Bliss.

The Jungle Luxxe buildings are adjacent to the lazy river that’s been under construction for a while. Not sure when that will open, but I heard it’s not until next year. That will be a plus once it opens. There’s a separate lobby being built for these at the end of the line of the current Bliss buildings.
One small correction, historically speaking that is. The Jungle Grand Luxxe buildings are repurposed Mayan Palace buildings that were never finished. In the world before Grand Bliss, Grand Luxxe and Bliss, there were only Mayan Palace and Grand Mayan. When the new additions arrived, the building of the Mayan Palace buildings and Lazy River stopped when they were partially built already.

Vacastay18

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GrandLuxxe DeLuxxe
One small correction, historically speaking that is. The Jungle Grand Luxxe buildings are repurposed Mayan Palace buildings that were never finished. In the world before Grand Bliss, Grand Luxxe and Bliss, there were only Mayan Palace and Grand Mayan. When the new additions arrived, the building of the Mayan Palace buildings and Lazy River stopped when they were partially built already.

Do you know the history of the Grand Luxxe DeLuxxe units at RM and whether ownership there gives you access to all other Grand Luxxe brands (Residences, Villas, Spa Towers)? I fell in love with the property last year and thought the MF only when used was a great option, but it is obviously much more expensive than the $30 pppd fee that we paid using an II exchange last year. I just returned from my second visit where I traded in my 4bdrm lock off units for the RTU a 2 Bdrm 3 BA (sleeps 6) Grand Luxxe DeLuxxe unit, which they didn’t have a model of, but showed me the 3bdrm unit. It has a $2300 usuage fee!! and purchased price of $65K. I’m suffering from buyers remorse right now!!! Any thoughts of how much I should of paid...because I’m really feeling duped and very sad about. Is it too late to cancel contract

Vacastay18

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GrandLuxxe DeLuxxe
I forgot to mention that it include 7 weeks (2 100 yr, 1 10 year, 2 SFX Vida week’s, 2 SFX Privledge weeks) and candidly, I don’t know what any of it really means. The sales rep kept talking about the unit paying for itself

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind, rescind, rescind!
What date did you buy?

Vacastay18

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GrandLuxxe DeLuxxe
Signed on 24th, but made initial deposit on the 26th

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your purchase contract should give the rescission period.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Do you know the history of the Grand Luxxe DeLuxxe units at RM and whether ownership there gives you access to all other Grand Luxxe brands (Residences, Villas, Spa Towers)? I fell in love with the property last year and thought the MF only when used was a great option, but it is obviously much more expensive than the $30 pppd fee that we paid using an II exchange last year. I just returned from my second visit where I traded in my 4bdrm lock off units for the RTU a 2 Bdrm 3 BA (sleeps 6) Grand Luxxe DeLuxxe unit, which they didn’t have a model of, but showed me the 3bdrm unit. It has a $2300 usuage fee!! and purchased price of $65K. I’m suffering from buyers remorse right now!!! Any thoughts of how much I should of paid...because I’m really feeling duped and very sad about. Is it too late to cancel contract

Deluxxe is new. rpennisi is correct - the "new" DeLuxxe units have been there uncompleted since 2005 (I have photos after the hurricane when our family was at RM for Thanksgiving). Nothing was done about them or the lazy river until this year. It is my understanding that the Deluxxe owners at RM do not have the same usage as regular GL owners of various levels.

If I were you, I would do my best to contact Member Services and rescind. Since Sunday does not count, you may have a chance. I is worth a try.

Vacastay18

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GrandLuxxe DeLuxxe
I will take another look, but don’t recall seeing anything on cancellation period. I know they’ve given me until Oct for cash purchase refinancing before entering into a term agreement with them

Vacastay18

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GrandLuxxe DeLuxxe
Rep also said that owning the DeLuxxe gives you access to everything on the property except for the Estates, which they are just starting to build

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rep also said that owning the DeLuxxe gives you access to everything on the property except for the Estates, which they are just starting to build

There should actually be a sister resort exchange grid towards the end of the 2 contract pamphlets you got that lists what you can book through Vidanta. I haven’t actually seen a Deluxxe contract yet, so can’t say for sure, but don’t believe it will get you into a spa, loft or 4 BR residence unit. I’m also not sure about the Villa units, I think they’re higher than Deluxxe. When you get a chance, could you post what the exchange rights are? Also, to my knowledge the only 2 BR Deluxxe suites under construction now are in NV tower 6 and in the Park in NV. They might put some in East Cape as well, but I don’t believe they’re selling those yet. What is your home resort?

Vacastay18

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GrandLuxxe DeLuxxe
Home resort is RM. I will take a look at contract and post and soon as I get home. I do know that during the presentation he had the DeLuxxe listed at the top tier before soon to be estates. I wish I had taken a picture of that! Sounds like behave false information

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
... I traded in my 4bdrm lock off units for the RTU a 2 Bdrm 3 BA (sleeps 6) Grand Luxxe DeLuxxe unit, which they didn’t have a model of, but showed me the 3bdrm unit. It has a $2300 usuage fee!! and purchased price of $65K. I’m suffering from buyers remorse right now!!! Any thoughts of how much I should of paid...because I’m really feeling duped and very sad about. Is it too late to cancel contract

By the way, beware the “trade in.” There are a few other threads on the subject, but bottom line is you should think long and hard if it’s with a third party who charges an up front fee to “market” your trade in. I’ve met folks it worked for and folks that still have their original TS 8-10 years later. Vidanta doesn’t truly care if you execute any “trade in agreement” for the TS they “discounted” your purchase price for, so you may be better off either keeping it or disposing of it yourself.

Happy to help you figure out what the contract means, assuming your past the rescission date. Sounds like a standard one, with 1 registered week bookable 12 months in advance that expires in 10 years, 2 Deluxxe or Grand Luxxe weeks, whatever they’re calling them in your contract, bookable 12 months in advance except Jan-Mar when it’s 10 months, 2 privilege weeks bookable through SFX including holiday weeks back in Vidanta, and 2 Vida weeks, bookable through SFX anywhere but at Vidanta. Not sure what exchange companies Deluxxe goes through; can you clarify that? I try to keep up with what’s going on with the new levels so I can help folks out; there are a few Vidanta old-timers on here that are good resources as well. The resorts are great, but they don’t make it easy to understand how to use them and what your benefits are, plus they keep changing things. If they didn’t, I’d start writing a book on the Dummy’s guide to Vidanta.

Vacastay18

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GrandLuxxe DeLuxxe
I have gone through documents provided and do not see any contract recision clause and the comparable units at the Sister r sorts are the GL Master Suite or Master Suites at the Grand Bliss or Grand Mayan

Vacastay18

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GrandLuxxe DeLuxxe
Contract includes 2 yrs with the Registry Collection, 2 year SFX Diamond reverting back to Gold for life and 2 yr Platinum Vida Lifestyle

Vacastay18

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GrandLuxxe DeLuxxe
Lastly, the Timeshare Resale Market agent contacted me today about the trade. There is a $1879 fee for them to take my former unit. Sounds like I should do nothing in terms of providing them info to sell unit.

Vacastay18

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GrandLuxxe DeLuxxe
While I thought RM was my home resort, the contract says GL NV with initial use 2019 and Type: Premium. Do you know what “Premium” means? I did ask about the home unit saying GL NV and sales rep told me that all contracts say “NV” because that’s where the corporate HQ is located? Is this true? In a follow-up conversation about the amusement park, a members services rep did state that my unit would be in tower 6 overlooking the ocean in NV, but I assumed he was talking about when I chose to go there and not my home unit

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
One small correction, historically speaking that is. The Jungle Grand Luxxe buildings are repurposed Mayan Palace buildings that were never finished. In the world before Grand Bliss, Grand Luxxe and Bliss, there were only Mayan Palace and Grand Mayan.

When the new additions arrived, the building of the Mayan Palace buildings and Lazy River stopped when they were partially built already.

IMO - I think Vidanta / Grupo Mayan also used these buildings as "space bank / inventory" of registered weeks - and they could keep selling against this registered week inventory - regardless of resort location ( or likely brand ) .

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
While I thought RM was my home resort, the contract says GL NV with initial use 2019 and Type: Premium. Do you know what “Premium” means? I did ask about the home unit saying GL NV and sales rep told me that all contracts say “NV” because that’s where the corporate HQ is located? Is this true? In a follow-up conversation about the amusement park, a members services rep did state that my unit would be in tower 6 overlooking the ocean in NV, but I assumed he was talking about when I chose to go there and not my home unit

That’s not true; there actually aren’t any 2 BR Deluxxe suites in RM, just in NV tower 6. You can book a GL Master Suite in RM, though.

Contract includes 2 yrs with the Registry Collection, 2 year SFX Diamond reverting back to Gold for life and 2 yr Platinum Vida Lifestyle

You can maintain SFX Diamond level by paying the membership fee yourself, of course. The privilege weeks and Vida weeks are through them and require a Diamond level, I believe. There’s some info available on privilege weeks on their site at https://www.sfxresorts.com/member-login/ but you’ll need to have set up your username & password for it to be active for you.

Lastly, the Timeshare Resale Market agent contacted me today about the trade. There is a $1879 fee for them to take my former unit. Sounds like I should do nothing in terms of providing them info to sell unit.

Read up on advance fee brokers on TUG. I recommend against paying them. You could call Vidanta customer service and tell them you’ve decided you’d rather keep your old TS and have them get TRM to stop bothering you.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Also, the Deluxxe units in tower 6 are mostly oriented to view the Park rather than the ocean. The Park is a bit Northeast of the resort in NV. Your unit will likely have a view of the Puerto Vallarta side of the bay, though, if I remember the orientation right.