• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Spinnaker at Shipyard --- Anyone stay here Recently?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Thru my Quarter House Exchange I was able to book at Spinnaker at Shipyard Resort for August of 2018. This is our family's first time to Hilton Head so it will be an all new experience for us. I would love any info from folks that have stayed here...

• Does anyone have a resort map?
  • Tripadvisor Reviews state that check in is done, off site?
  • What is a must see or must do?

hjtug

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thru my Quarter House Exchange I was able to book at Spinnaker at Shipyard Resort for August of 2018. This is our family's first time to Hilton Head so it will be an all new experience for us. I would love any info from folks that have stayed here...

• Does anyone have a resort map?
  • Tripadvisor Reviews state that check in is done, off site?
  • What is a must see or must do?
We are at Carolina Club, one of the Spinnaker Resorts in Shipyard. Check in for all is at Spinnaker Resort Hotel Welcome Center at 35 Deallyon Ave.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are at Carolina Club, one of the Spinnaker Resorts in Shipyard. Check in for all is at Spinnaker Resort Hotel Welcome Center at 35 Deallyon Ave.

Thank you for the information... Is there any must do / see things to do near this resort?

My confirmation email states that my check in must be done at the location below:
  • Check-in will be at RMC Resort Management located at 20 Executive Park Road, Hilton Head, SC 29928 with printed confirmation.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting that you have a different check-in location. Both are near one of the two entrance gates to Shipyard. Within Shipyard you can enjoy biking, walking, golf and other activities. In warm weather you can usually see some alligators and there is much birdlife. If you have never been to Hilton Head do a search on TUG for threads on things to do here. If you have never been to Savannah you might like to visit there for a day. What is worth seeing and doing varies depending on your interests.

Last edited:

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Animal Kingdom, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Hi Sugarcubesea,
I'm staying at this resort 2018 so I am interested in this thread too. The biking sounds like fun, it will take me back to my childhood days.

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Shipyard is very nice location with great paths for biking. The area is well landscaped and very quiet. Access to the ocean is a short ride away. Very relaxing area and close to Coligny and still quiet. I would expect a nice condo with limited activities. I believe there is a club house with pool and a few games ? ping pong. I thought all checkins used to be at the Players Club (Indoor Pool and workout that you should be able to get access for a nominal fee).

Hilton Head is a great area with many choices to eat. Biking, Golf, beach time makes for an enjoyable week. Hope you enjoy your time on HHI.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting that you have a different check-in location. Both are near one of the two entrance gates to Shipyard. Within Shipyard you can enjoy biking, walking, golf and other activities. In warm weather you can usually see some alligators and there is much birdlife. If you have never been to Hilton Head do a search on TUG for threads on things to do here. If you have never been to Savannah you might like to visit there for a day. What is worth seeing and doing varies depending on your interests.
I think the reason mine might be different is because I used the direct exchange thru Quarter House to get this exchange. When they offered me a different exchange for June in Hilton Head, it was at a location privately owned. I wonder if this unit will be privately owned. I’m so excited to be going to Hilton Head in August

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Sugarcubesea,
I'm staying at this resort 2018 so I am interested in this thread too. The biking sounds like fun, it will take me back to my childhood days.
Trudy, that is what I’m excited about. The confirmation stated I get two bikes for free and I can rent additional bikes with a discount they offered in the confirmation.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shipyard is very nice location with great paths for biking. The area is well landscaped and very quiet. Access to the ocean is a short ride away. Very relaxing area and close to Coligny and still quiet. I would expect a nice condo with limited activities. I believe there is a club house with pool and a few games ? ping pong. I thought all checkins used to be at the Players Club (Indoor Pool and workout that you should be able to get access for a nominal fee).

Hilton Head is a great area with many choices to eat. Biking, Golf, beach time makes for an enjoyable week. Hope you enjoy your time on HHI.
Thank you for mentioning Players Club. I will inquire upon check in if I can get access to this place.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two (2) bikes for each villa and yes, they are free. You can walk to the beach in 15 minutes. You, also will be able to see one of Shipyard many golf courses from your villa. The bedrooms are located on the second floor.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thru my Quarter House Exchange I was able to book at Spinnaker at Shipyard Resort
When I go to spinnakerresorts.com under "Explore our Resorts" at "Hilton Head Island, SC" I see the following list:
Bluewater Resort and Marina
Carolina Club
Egret Point
Southwind
Waterside
The Cottages
S.R. Hotel (Spinnaker Resort Hotel, I believe)
The Fitness Center
If I go to: http://www.hiltonheadusa.com/ I see a different list of resorts including "Spinnaker at Shipyard"
Apparently Spinnaker at Shipyard is, in some sense, not a Spinnaker resort??
This would explain the difference in check-in locations.
I think Players Club Resort might be an old name for S.R. Hotel.
During our current stay at Carolina Club we learned that all Spinnaker activities have been consolidated at Waterside.

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Two (2) bikes for each villa and yes, they are free. You can walk to the beach in 15 minutes. You, also will be able to see one of Shipyard many golf courses from your villa. The bedrooms are located on the second floor.
Thank you, I noticed that my confirmation email continued a link that allowed me to take a virtual tour of the unit...I'm so excited...

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When I go to spinnakerresorts.com under "Explore our Resorts" at "Hilton Head Island, SC" I see the following list:
Bluewater Resort and Marina
Carolina Club
Egret Point
Southwind
Waterside
The Cottages
S.R. Hotel (Spinnaker Resort Hotel, I believe)
The Fitness Center
If I go to: http://www.hiltonheadusa.com/ I see a different list of resorts including "Spinnaker at Shipyard"
Apparently Spinnaker at Shipyard is, in some sense, not a Spinnaker resort??
This would explain the difference in check-in locations.
I think Players Club Resort might be an old name for S.R. Hotel.
During our current stay at Carolina Club we learned that all Spinnaker activities have been consolidated at Waterside.

I wonder if I will be able to use the resorts under http://www.hiltonheadusa.com/ pools?

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have not stayed at Spinnaker at Shipyard Plantation in over fifteen (15) years .
It was nice and very well maintained.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if I will be able to use the resorts under http://www.hiltonheadusa.com/ pools?
I was going to recommend that you read the TUG reviews, if you have not already done so, but I see that the most recent review on Spinnaker at Shipyard dates from 2014. I would get together a list of questions and then call Hilton Head Accommodations at the 800 number on the website or send an email under the Contact Us option under the About Us tab. One question I have is: Why does the resort carry the Spinnaker name but is not listed as a Spinnaker resort on the Spinnaker Resort website?

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was going to recommend that you read the TUG reviews, if you have not already done so, but I see that the most recent review on Spinnaker at Shipyard dates from 2014. I would get together a list of questions and then call Hilton Head Accommodations at the 800 number on the website or send an email under the Contact Us option under the About Us tab. One question I have is: Why does the resort carry the Spinnaker name but is not listed as a Spinnaker resort on the Spinnaker Resort website?
That is why I posted here because I wanted something a bit more recent. I read two posts from 2014 and then a post from 2011

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did read some current reviews on TripAdvisor. Also, please check RCI Reviews Section on Spinnaker at Shipyard Plantation.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have never stayed at one of their timeshares but I have stayed at a resort in Shipyard. It is a beautiful area with beautiful trees and nature. Great walking and bike riding. I just stayed at the Marriott at Barony and I like the Shipyard area overall better.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are a month away from going on this vacation and I’m so excited my son, daughter in law and my grandson are coming too

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP, there is a TUG Resort Review dated 12/2017 on the this website.

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are a month away from going on this vacation and I’m so excited my son, daughter in law and my grandson are coming too

Hi Sugarcubesea,

I just arrived today. Check in is at Executive Dr. Just be prepared to hang around until 4 or 5 for check in. We had a very early flight and then a 2 hour drive from Charleston so we were wanting to get our unit and sleep/rest.

The unit is nice. We are staying in 222 which has a view of the pool and the golf course. However, I can hear everyone at the pool as I'm writing this message. Our initial unit was 220 but the air conditioner was barely working and the unit was too warm (location was better, because it was quiet with a better view of the golf course. ) Tomorrow should be filled with fun and adventure.

Trudy

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Sugarcubesea,

I just arrived today. Check in is at Executive Dr. Just be prepared to hang around until 4 or 5 for check in. We had a very early flight and then a 2 hour drive from Charleston so we were wanting to get our unit and sleep/rest.

The unit is nice. We are staying in 222 which has a view of the pool and the golf course. However, I can hear everyone at the pool as I'm writing this message. Our initial unit was 220 but the air conditioner was barely working and the unit was too warm (location was better, because it was quiet with a better view of the golf course. ) Tomorrow should be filled with fun and adventure.

Trudy

Trudy,

Thank you for posting your experiences thus far. We have an early flight as well, so I guess we will explore Savanah a bit before we check in... Our confirmation says check in is at 4:00 and then in the body of the confirmation it says check in is at 5:00pm, dang I hope its 4:00

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Sugarcubesea,

Spinnaker was a very nice resort. I loved the private beach which has a shuttle if you do not feel like walking. The bullfrogs near the pool were very loud at night. Make sure you visit Charleston if you have never been there. It is a beautiful city with lots of history there.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP, did the family and you enjoy your vacation @ Spinnaker @ Shipyard Plantation?

Would you recommend this resort to a family member or a friend?