• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SPG Marriott Unification

NNerland

TUG Member
Reaction score
Categories for the new award chart in 6 Cities published as promised. This will be the standard redemption rates, they will come up with Low and High Season in 2019. They also only go to Category 7 from August to December, and then in 2019 they will have a Category 8.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/marr...properties-in-top-5-markets-award-categories/

I am familiar with NYC market some from travel - Sheraton goes up in Times Square, was a nice value play for location. Most others go down. Mexico has a few adjustments, but nothing too major that I saw.

I would say so far - things are decent and it could have been way worse.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I've not seen this discussed in this thread or on FlyerTalk. I've just posted the following on FlyerTalk to be addressed by the Starwood Lurker. I've also sent this to Vistana to see what their answer is. I'll report back when I receive a response:

The current T&C of the ability to transfer SPG Starpoints to Marriott Reward Points state: Starpoints earned through an interest in a Vistana™ Signature Experiences property, and Rewards Points earned through an interest in a Marriott Vacation Club® property cannot be transferred between the Programs.

When the 1:3 conversion of Starpoints to Points occurs in August, will the Starpoints earned through an interest in a Vistana™ Signature Experiences property also be converted?

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would say they transfer. They are transferring to points in a new combined program rather than being converted to membership rewards points in the existing MR program.... but what do i know.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've not seen this discussed in this thread or on FlyerTalk. I've just posted the following on FlyerTalk to be addressed by the Starwood Lurker. I've also sent this to Vistana to see what their answer is. I'll report back when I receive a response:

The current T&C of the ability to transfer SPG Starpoints to Marriott Reward Points state: Starpoints earned through an interest in a Vistana™ Signature Experiences property, and Rewards Points earned through an interest in a Marriott Vacation Club® property cannot be transferred between the Programs.

When the 1:3 conversion of Starpoints to Points occurs in August, will the Starpoints earned through an interest in a Vistana™ Signature Experiences property also be converted?
I have been transferring my Starpoints, earned and converted from my Vistana timeshare, to MRPs without any issue. With the new combined system it is an affirmation that there are no restrictions since all points will be combined.

NNerland

TUG Member
Reaction score

This is not an issue. There was wording during the time where you could move points back and forth that you couldn't do that when they initially announced 3:1 a two years ago. I can tell you I never had any issues moving back and forth and I moved over 600,000 points back and forth and never once was rejected or had issue. However, it is a COMPLETELY moot point come August 1st. Vistana has clearly laid out that our converted Options to Points will convert at 3 times the SPG value going forward, and SPG points will be converted 3:1 to the new bucket. You should have no concerns going forward. Visit Vistana's page for more information.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

Even though some of you said not to worry and that you have been able to freely transfer your current Starpoints from Vistana conversions, the T&C I quoted is still the current T&C. I'm a belt & suspenders type so I wanted to be sure. Also, I see nothing on Vistana's page addressing this.

For an update, I just received a reply from Vistana. And yes, I have nothing to worry about. This is the pertinent excerpt from that email: "Any Starpoints you receive from a conversion that takes place prior to the merger will be adjusted and multiplied by three within your account after the merger is complete as well."