• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SOUTHWEST BOOKING TO HAWAII IS OPEN!!!!

triangulum33

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
2005 WKORN
Competition is good. United will survive with international destinations. Alaska or Hawaiian may be at risk but they have been profiting on this for too long. AK used to have flexibility to book up to 60 days without cancellation fee and did not have basic economy, but now they have followed the herd - potentially to their demise.

I'm really curious to see what the total cost to the airline is for a flight from the mainland to Hawaii. There are all kinds of variables like fuel cost, number of passengers, weather, etc., but it would be interesting to hear what the approx cost is and how much they mark up the fare.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much! I wasn't able to get a Southwest ticket for my sister. They have Texas-Hawaii flights. However, Hawaii-Texas flights are only showing Sunday travel in the summer. But no problem.

I immediately checked American. I've been pricing this ticket since last September. My sister's ticket is now $200 cheaper! And that's regular economy not basic economy.

But for me I, don't think SWA will be able to beat my Alaska Airlines companion fare (x2) & Costco credit card cash back deal. Sigh. I would love to be able to take SWA to Hawaii. I really like Alaska Airlines but their itinerary is terrible.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do we know when southwest will fly to Kauai? We are flying back from Kauai in the summer

ml855

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to book our flights yesterday morning from BWI to HNL. By the time I realize they were selling there was only 1 seat left in the "wanna get away" fare for our date. It was 37569 pts for my Sunday departure in May. My husband has a companion pass, so we both will be traveling on that fare. On our return trip we're staying a couple of days in LA so flying back on American to LA. Then home to BWI on SW. Our return trip was already booked before yesterday.

My son will be joining us but he needed AUS to HNL, there was nothing so he's driving to SAT and was able to get a flight on Saturday instead of Sunday for 9500. The Sunday fare was 24000. Since our youngest son just moved to HNL, he'll be staying Saturday night at his place, then moving to the timeshare when we arrive on Sunday. He's also returning on American.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Southwest created a temporary fire sale on American Airlines. We have a large Maui trip planned for late August. While looking at the SW fares with no luck, I decided to switch over to the competitors. Although I couldn't find anything for us that worked on SW Airlines, I did notice a sudden price drop on AA from $912 (earlier that morning) down to $375 RT from DFW to OGG.

Since my DD and her family will be joining us, and they live in Dallas, I quickly bought her 4 RT tickets for a total of $1500. :whooopie:
A couple of hours later the fares had doubled.