• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Southern California Wildfires

richardrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal hawaiin
My heart is pained by the loses as a child i went thru two house fires at differnt locations, on by lightening and faulty flue, and one by an expoding hot water heater. So yes i know how it feels loseing your home, your belongings, starting over in a new place in a new area, you freinds and school left behind. Its very painful to write this. So i have an intimate understanding of what these familys going thru. I watched both fires on youtube and reminded the weel to do to remember those in paridise which looking back at it, no paridise at all, your living in a matchbook. GD bless those who survived and the souls of those who didnt. Richard

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
My friend has not been back to Paradise to check out where her house once stood. I don't know if they are letting all residents back yet. She's seen pictures, but doesn't think that will prepare her.
Sorry for your friend’s loss. We had a good rain last Wed and Fri and the Paradise fire is now contained. A week ago Thursday we left Tahoe and made a stop in Sacramento. The air was so full of smoke that one could hardly breath. We had dinner at our favorite restaurant and the entire place was nearly empty. Asked the owner what’s going on and was told the smoke was so bad that most people just stayed home these days. Later at night, we drove on Bay Bridge on our way home and could hardly see any skyscrapers in San Francisco which normally should be brightly lit and beautiful. For your info, Paradise is 90 miles from Sacramento and 170 miles from San Francisco. This has been an awful year for us Californians. Friends down south in Agoura Hill and Thousand Oaks were all evacuated. Luckily no one lost their homes and were allowed to return for the holidays. My heart goes out to those who are affected by these terrible fires.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Sorry for your friend’s loss. We had a good rain last Wed and Fri and the Paradise fire is now contained. A week ago Thursday we left Tahoe and made a stop in Sacramento. The air was so full of smoke that one could hardly breath. We had dinner at our favorite restaurant and the entire place was nearly empty. Asked the owner what’s going on and was told the smoke was so bad that most people just stayed home these days. Later at night, we drove on Bay Bridge on our way home and could hardly see any skyscrapers in San Francisco which normally should be brightly lit and beautiful. For your info, Paradise is 90 miles from Sacramento and 170 miles from San Francisco. This has been an awful year for us Californians. Friends down south in Agoura Hill and Thousand Oaks were all evacuated. Luckily no one lost their homes and were allowed to return for the holidays. My heart goes out to those who are affected by these terrible fires.
Our daughter and son in law live in Sunnyvale. They had been wearing masks and staying indoors as much as possible until this latest rain. A friend whose son just started at UC Davis told him mom they'd shut down classes prior to Thanksgiving. I just can't imagine how bad it's been for everyone that's been affected.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We were lucky that we were in Tahoe when the air was the worst. Tahoe was sunny with blue sky. Yes masks were all sold out locally. Glad the rain is finally here...

taffy19

Reaction score
We were lucky that we were in Tahoe when the air was the worst. Tahoe was sunny with blue sky. Yes masks were all sold out locally. Glad the rain is finally here...
I hope it will continue but not all at once. We had rain too in Southern California and it was pretty hard but didn't last long. The next day the sun was out again.

We do not notice the smoke here but there has been a good breeze lately.