• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Somebody needs to pinch me because I must be in a long dream-like state or euphoria

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
I enjoyed reading everyone's stories. It amazes me what a community of strong, resilient, smart individuals TUG attracts. The common denominator seems to be hard working people who are curious and persistent. DaveNW's bad experience with his brother's timeshare did not daunt him. He learned the system. Panina bought from a developer as did I but, decided to become an expert. I love her suggestions and laser-focused pursuit of tweaking her portfolio. It is very entertaining. Moreover, everyone is kind and helpful to one another. It is as if we are just one big cheerleading team for each other. So, with that group-hug...my story is similar. We grew up lower to middle class. Most of the summers, we did painting projects or house repairs. Once, we drove to Yosemite and once, we drove/went to Yellowstone. We stayed in motels. One time, when relatives visited, we went to Disneyland. We were crammed into one room with my brother sleeping on the floor. When I was ten, we made one trip to New York for a cousin's wedding. That was the only time we spent a significant amount of money. Then when my father changed jobs, he decided to take us to Hawaii. My brother and sister were out of the house. That was where the vacation bug bit me. Growing up, many of my friends had North Coast/Mendocino/Sea Ranch cabins. They would ski at Squaw Valley. The Hawaii thing was eye-opening. So, twenty two years later, I talked my husband into going to Maui with our five year old at the Maui Marriott/Maui Ocean Club. That was it. Since then, my children have benefitted from my insane desire to watch the whales every February. They all have the travel bug as does JiminNC 's children. They do not pay for their flights. I now take the boyfriend and daughter. LOL. I haven't done what mpumilia did to her. I, too, am grateful to the timeshare industry for the family vacations and for TUG for the education.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I just want to add there has been some references to paying for children’s flights. Whereas many are in a great financial situation to pay for their children expenses, others may not be and their children have the financial means much better then their parents.

I personally have no problem paying vacation expenses for my stepdaughter or niece with their boyfriend or friend as long as they show responsibility with money and don’t overspend because it is my money, not theirs.

My step daughter brought her boyfriend on vacation once and in a restaurant he started ordering the most expensive stuff and said “ this is a treat, my parent can’t afford this”. His parents have more then us, just bad money managers. That was the last nice place we took him. I thought to myself, I hope she doesn’t end up with him. She has since broke up with him and they remain friends. She asked if he can come with us on vacation as a friend. I told her only if he pays for all his own expenses and told her why. She told me I was right.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
You can also do drive-to locations for family trips in lieu of paying everyone's airfare to say, Hawaii. For us, Tahoe fits that bill nicely. That way the kids don't have to commit to a full week, either.

JoJo12

TUG Member
Reaction score
We do a hybrid in paying for the kid's airfare to MOC. We pay for the grandkids airfare (mostly with miles) and the adults buy their own using Alaska companion fare tickets or their own miles. And for food, every adult puts in $100, we buy a Safeway gift card with the money, and then anyone who wants to buy communal groceries (not alcohol) can use the gift card. That way the adults (in their 40s) are not getting a completely free ride. We are "old school" and do not believe in free rides for adult children. We do pay for the timeshare, extra groceries and the van rental.

So for $200 and about $1000 in airfare, they get a week in Maui. No complaints from them!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We also grew up poor - as in really poor, food stamps etc - so obviously we never went on a vacation. I don't remember friends or neighbors taking vacations either, but I was probably just blissfully unaware. I read about families who went on vacation, but I thought that was just made up, not reality.

Prior to timesharing, we took one week of vacation a year - almost always camping with the kids - and had a great time. This was due to school schedules and the cost of getting two hotel rooms. We took the occasional non-camping vacation (usually Hawaii), but still just one week per year. Our other vacation week was usually spent at home, working on some project in the house. Timesharing has changed the way we travel because the cost is lower than renting, especially if you throw an AC week in there. I agree with the "just pinch me" description, we have stayed in some very nice locations, in some very nice accommodations. I have read this before on this site - people assume that we are "rich" because of the trips that we take. If they only knew! I have friends who spend as much on a one week cruise as we spend on four weeks of vacationing using timeshares. Another friend will stay a week at some fancy resort in the Caribbean, again spending nearly the same as our annual travel budget. (In both cases, their husbands have shared the amount spent. I don't ask and I don't tell, but in both cases I had to pick my jaw up from the floor.)

I am also glad to read this thread. There are a lot of negative opinions about timesharing out there, but when it works for you, it's one of the best way to travel.

You just reminded me of all the working vacations we took before our son was born- renovating our handyman special 1st home.

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
I agree! Many of the places we've stayed are nicer than our own home! It's still shocking to me where we've managed to stay at a fraction of the cost, especially with trading! Four Seasons Aviara, Disney's Grand Californian, Hilton Kingsland, Hilton Lagoon Tower penthouse, Disney Boardwalk, Disney Saratoga Springs! Most of these weeks were traded for less than what could be paid for a hotel. We've also timeshared for a month in socal in the summer and a month in hawaii last summer. My daughter had only stayed in timeshares until she was 7 years old when we ended up in a hotel for 1 night. She was so confused and wondering "where's the rest of the room?" because it was just the 1 room with the bed and a bathroom! She didn't understand why there was no kitchen or living room! I also love my credit card points -- paid for my family's 4 airline tickets to Hawaii and Orlando twice each!

I do worry about spoiling my kids though. They're 8 and 14 and we've been timesharing their entire lives, hawaii twice, disneyworld twice, countless disneyland trips, beaches, etc. This past year they didn't seem to appreciate our vacations (lots of complaining). I'm not sure how to fix that.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I agree! Many of the places we've stayed are nicer than our own home! It's still shocking to me where we've managed to stay at a fraction of the cost, especially with trading! Four Seasons Aviara, Disney's Grand Californian, Hilton Kingsland, Hilton Lagoon Tower penthouse, Disney Boardwalk, Disney Saratoga Springs! Most of these weeks were traded for less than what could be paid for a hotel. We've also timeshared for a month in socal in the summer and a month in hawaii last summer. My daughter had only stayed in timeshares until she was 7 years old when we ended up in a hotel for 1 night. She was so confused and wondering "where's the rest of the room?" because it was just the 1 room with the bed and a bathroom! She didn't understand why there was no kitchen or living room! I also love my credit card points -- paid for my family's 4 airline tickets to Hawaii and Orlando twice each!

I do worry about spoiling my kids though. They're 8 and 14 and we've been timesharing their entire lives, hawaii twice, disneyworld twice, countless disneyland trips, beaches, etc. This past year they didn't seem to appreciate our vacations (lots of complaining). I'm not sure how to fix that.
Wow, impressive, you are a pro at using timeshare.

As far as the kids tell them you are taking them on a special vacation. Just make it one night. As you are driving, make it close to home, tell them they didn’t seem happy with the last few vacations so you donated the nice place to a family, go to a motel room for a night, go out to eat at their least favorite place and as they are complaining, tell them but you were complaining last time too. They will tell you they prefer the nicer place. Next time they won’t complain as much. I have experience, it will work. It just might not be a great day for you.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I told my kids that the year of 2019 is the year that if our kids want to come on vacation with us they have to pay for their plane tickets and we would pay for everything else.

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
I told my kids that the year of 2019 is the year that if our kids want to come on vacation with us they have to pay for their plane tickets and we would pay for everything else.
I agree. Unfortunately, my daughter works for a start-up that will not start. So, she is looking to change jobs. She decided to pay for her own vacation and fly to San Diego with her boyfriend for a long weekend. I agree with Panina, I cannot afford to fly her every time, but I know she is struggling with San Francisco rental and cost-of-living issues. They do not order the most expensive item on the menu or it would be the last expensive dinner splurge. We cook a lot in the condo/timeshare. Thankfully.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
It's been interesting reading everyone's different thoughts on how to handle family vacation expenses for adult children. Every situation is certainly different. As I noted above, our original indecision on what to do for our upcoming Hawaii trip was sorta solved when our son somewhat preemptively offered to fund his own air fare/separate rental car, since we would be providing a free place to stay and most meals. But his situation is unique in that he's been in his first full-time job for only 12 months, but is already making pretty close to six figures at age 24. When you're single, living in a reasonable cost of living city, and earning almost six figures as a software engineer, you can afford to pay your own way - even if your parents could afford it also. I'm pleased he was mature enough to see that on his on. I was also pleased that for the last two paychecks of 2018, he cut his salary to almost $0 in order to max-out his 401K contributions for the year. If he continues with that kind of discipline, it will serve him well in the years ahead. Now, if we could just get our daughter to live within her means in college!

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
I find the discussions around adult children interesting. My wife and I are in our early thirties with 2 young children. I manage the vacations.

I had a 4 bedroom at the Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya awhile back. We only have 2 children, so I invited my parents to come and use the 4th bedroom. They subsequently decided there was lots of space and invited my siblings to come. So I ended up paying resort fees (charged per person) and groceries for my entire extended family. That won't be happening again, and my parents have been informed that if they want to come with us again they will be getting their own unit paid for by themselves (at my cost).

When that was made clear suddenly none of my siblings were available for our recent trip to Hawaii...

Tl;Dr I will probably pay for my kids vacations until they are old enough to be done school and be working established professionals (maybe early to mid twenties?) - but won't be funding any more vacations for my siblings.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
... If he continues with that kind of discipline, it will serve him well in the years ahead. Now, if we could just get our daughter to live within her means in college!
NOT gonna happen, if you just have two b/c kids are always opposites, right?

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Two years ago when we scheduled a vacation to Colorado, our then 29 year old son commented that he would like to go to Colorado. I told him if he can pay the airfare he was welcome to come with us. Never heard about it again from him. (I knew he couldn't afford it.) I felt kind of sad as we were always a 3- some on vacations. But I felt it was time.

He does still visit with us for a few days at our home resort in Vermont since he grew up going there. It is only 2.5 hours from where he lives, so he can drive. We do always pay for a couple of meals out when he comes.

Last year while we were staying at our other home resort in New Hampshire, where he lives, he told us he wanted to take us out to this Italian restaurant he found in Concord. We couldn't believe it! Turns out he had a $100 American Express gift card my brother had sent him for his birthday or XMAS or something and he had forgotten about it and decided to use it for this dinner. Aahhh- so that was it!

At first we told him to keep the card for something he needs and we would pay but he kept insisting and I realized it would make him very happy if he could use it to pay for our meals, so I told my husband to let him pay. Of course, the tab came out for more than the $100 so we ended up paying the balance. LOL!

Now at 31 he still is struggling- working 6-7 days per week- 3 jobs- one is full time- and making in the lower 5 figures. This is his life now and he makes his own choices. At least he is very happy with one of his part-time jobs- does it for the fun of it and the extra money is a bonus.

One thing I would like to do someday- though I am not sure if it will ever happen- is for all of us to go to Italy on a tour. My dad always wanted to take our son to Italy to see where he was born and meet his family there (my dad had been there twice), but was too ill to do so after a while. My husband and I have never been either.

If we ever do, I still will ask our son to at least pay the airfare.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
One thing I would like to do someday- though I am not sure if it will ever happen- is for all of us to go to Italy on a tour. My dad always wanted to take our son to Italy to see where he was born and meet his family there (my dad had been there twice), but was too ill to do so after a while. My husband and I have never been either.

Very well put Mary Ann. Our attitude about taking our kids on vacation with us at our expense is exactly your sentiment. Why regret not spending the time with and having the experiences with our family to travel to places we want them to experience together with us? For us, somehow having the availability of a 2 or 3 bedroom timeshare Villa that we have already "paid for" makes the invitation to vacation with us a no brainer. Yes, we still do pay the airfare and most meals, but we shop for the best airfares months ahead of our trip and use points whenever we can to reduce the additional out of pocket cost. We feel very fortunate to be able to vacation with our grown kids, their spouses and our grandchildren. I would hate the feeling of not having them with us on a trip we invited them to come with us (and its not every trip we take) because they couldn't afford (or had other priorities for) the airfare.
I think the emotional part of our travel experiences in this thread resonates with so many of us and really is the point of our ownership of timeshare weeks, points, etc. not the dollars that it cost to acquire and maintain these.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone pinch me because here I am, staying in this gorgeous unit at Marriott's Ocean Pointe, about to head to Marriott's Crystal Shores for a second week.

Our success is the combination of lucky timeshare purchases (resale) and airline miles, mostly built with Chase and American Express credit cards. Our old SPG Amex now sits in a drawer, unused for months because of the changes to Starwood with Marriott's takeover. The Chase Sapphire Reserve is now my go-to card for everything. I get 3X points on travel (including timeshare maintenance fees), restaurants and gas.

Rick and I were poor as kids. We grew up in North Denver, before it's heyday of today (an average house now rivals the prices in some of the most expensive areas of the country). Rick was at more of a disadvantage, living with a single mom who cleaned houses to make a living. My dad was an upholsterer and barely made ends meet, and he had three little girls and our mom to support.

Neither one of us had even been to a motel when we married in 1973. I went to Nebraska as a kid to visit my grandparents' farm, which is an experience I wish my kids and grandkids could have. That was the only state I ever visited. Rick had only been to Wyoming to camp once at Yellowstone, before his parents divorced. Camping was his only vacation experience.

Our first vacation together was in 1976, when Rick decided we needed to drive to Disneyland and see it for our first time. It was June and magical, just as we always thought it would be. We drove different routes going to/ from California and saw several states along the route. We had a brand new 1975 Dodge Charger Special Edition, plus we already bought our first house. We had just turned 21. Rick had been on the fire department for one year, and I was working in customer service at World of Sleep. Life was becoming great.

We didn't vacation again until we bought timeshares in 1981. We bought near Winter Park, CO, Twin Rivers, and we stayed there every year for five years. In 1985, when Rick said, "Hey, let's take the kids to Disneyland!" There was a deal at the credit union for a stay at The Grand Hotel, car rental, and airfare for four, so we booked it and had a wonderful time.

Two years later, we wanted to do Disneyland again. We wanted to try for an exchange. We now owned two timeshares, having purchased a gorgeous unit at Val Chatelle in Frisco, CO, so we traded to Lawrence Welk Vacation Villas for one week, then a second week in Washington state on the ocean (Point Brown). It was a drive to Disneyland from Escondido, but we enjoyed the drive each day, anyway.

After those two trips, we were hooked on timeshare exchanges and didn't really stay in our units again. We bought more to use for exchange, we even got a ski week for free, when owners defaulted on fees.

When we went to Hawaii for the first time in 2000, we were sure we would never get to Hawaii again. We thought it was a one-time deal. We were celebrating our son's graduation from School of Mines. Now we go twice a year and own a timeshare literally less than 40 feet from the ocean in West Maui, and we now own three weeks.

I used to envy the girls at school after their summer and school breaks to exotic places like Florida and Hawaii. Now Rick and I are living it up with our airline miles and our timeshares. We haven't paid for airfare in at least four years now, and we traveled first class to Fort Lauderdale. Timeshare maintenance fees and some manufactured spending have built our points to a high level. I remember reading Million Mile Secrets years ago and wondering if I could pull that off, and I have done incredibly well with the tips shared liberally on that site.

We have made some great decisions for timeshare purchases since our first few, and we honestly do not even own the same weeks we owned before at Val Chatelle and Twin Rivers. We bought off-season weeks from the developer, at ridiculous prices, too.

Now we own a lot of timeshares, and a lot of them our daughter rents to make a little income for herself and for us. We had some good fortune with cheap conversions of weeks we owned in Hawaii to get us status with Wyndham. That was a total fluke the first time, then a second purchase was purposefully engineered by yours truly. I then bought some weeks at Sheraton Broadway Plantation to use ourselves, and for our daughter to rent. I bought Marriott for trading purposes only (for trips like this one). You cannot beat the value of a Marriott exchange through II (cheap exchange fees).

What is a girl like me doing in a place like this? I must be dreaming. Pinch me, but not too hard because I bruise easily.

I wish I had known all of this sooner, but with good health we should be good for at least another 20 years of travel. Sure, things can change, we don't know what the future holds for us, but for now, we feel so incredibly blessed and fortunate.

Please share your story, TUGgers!
Congrats on you learning to make it work for you. Timeshares have allowed me to travel to places I would of never of gone to. I also have used airline miles to travel for free. Nothing better then first class seating without the cost of one penny. Airlines offer free travel as away to sign up new members and I have used all the major airlines to travel for free. Key to traveling at no cost using airline miles is to pay all balances of on a monthly basis.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two years ago when we scheduled a vacation to Colorado, our then 29 year old son commented that he would like to go to Colorado. I told him if he can pay the airfare he was welcome to come with us. Never heard about it again from him. (I knew he couldn't afford it.) I felt kind of sad as we were always a 3- some on vacations. But I felt it was time.

He does still visit with us for a few days at our home resort in Vermont since he grew up going there. It is only 2.5 hours from where he lives, so he can drive. We do always pay for a couple of meals out when he comes.

Last year while we were staying at our other home resort in New Hampshire, where he lives, he told us he wanted to take us out to this Italian restaurant he found in Concord. We couldn't believe it! Turns out he had a $100 American Express gift card my brother had sent him for his birthday or XMAS or something and he had forgotten about it and decided to use it for this dinner. Aahhh- so that was it!

At first we told him to keep the card for something he needs and we would pay but he kept insisting and I realized it would make him very happy if he could use it to pay for our meals, so I told my husband to let him pay. Of course, the tab came out for more than the $100 so we ended up paying the balance. LOL!

Now at 31 he still is struggling- working 6-7 days per week- 3 jobs- one is full time- and making in the lower 5 figures. This is his life now and he makes his own choices. At least he is very happy with one of his part-time jobs- does it for the fun of it and the extra money is a bonus.

The best thing my dad instilled in me was work ethic. He always said if you want it earn it and pay for it. This way you will appreciate it more then if it was given to you. I thank him for this advice always.

Beach57

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Paradisus Palma Real and Club Solaris Los Cabos
Someone pinch me because here I am, staying in this gorgeous unit at Marriott's Ocean Pointe, about to head to Marriott's Crystal Shores for a second week.

Our success is the combination of lucky timeshare purchases (resale) and airline miles, mostly built with Chase and American Express credit cards. Our old SPG Amex now sits in a drawer, unused for months because of the changes to Starwood with Marriott's takeover. The Chase Sapphire Reserve is now my go-to card for everything. I get 3X points on travel (including timeshare maintenance fees), restaurants and gas.

Rick and I were poor as kids. We grew up in North Denver, before it's heyday of today (an average house now rivals the prices in some of the most expensive areas of the country). Rick was at more of a disadvantage, living with a single mom who cleaned houses to make a living. My dad was an upholsterer and barely made ends meet, and he had three little girls and our mom to support.

Neither one of us had even been to a motel when we married in 1973. I went to Nebraska as a kid to visit my grandparents' farm, which is an experience I wish my kids and grandkids could have. That was the only state I ever visited. Rick had only been to Wyoming to camp once at Yellowstone, before his parents divorced. Camping was his only vacation experience.

Our first vacation together was in 1976, when Rick decided we needed to drive to Disneyland and see it for our first time. It was June and magical, just as we always thought it would be. We drove different routes going to/ from California and saw several states along the route. We had a brand new 1975 Dodge Charger Special Edition, plus we already bought our first house. We had just turned 21. Rick had been on the fire department for one year, and I was working in customer service at World of Sleep. Life was becoming great.

We didn't vacation again until we bought timeshares in 1981. We bought near Winter Park, CO, Twin Rivers, and we stayed there every year for five years. In 1985, when Rick said, "Hey, let's take the kids to Disneyland!" There was a deal at the credit union for a stay at The Grand Hotel, car rental, and airfare for four, so we booked it and had a wonderful time.

Two years later, we wanted to do Disneyland again. We wanted to try for an exchange. We now owned two timeshares, having purchased a gorgeous unit at Val Chatelle in Frisco, CO, so we traded to Lawrence Welk Vacation Villas for one week, then a second week in Washington state on the ocean (Point Brown). It was a drive to Disneyland from Escondido, but we enjoyed the drive each day, anyway.

After those two trips, we were hooked on timeshare exchanges and didn't really stay in our units again. We bought more to use for exchange, we even got a ski week for free, when owners defaulted on fees.

When we went to Hawaii for the first time in 2000, we were sure we would never get to Hawaii again. We thought it was a one-time deal. We were celebrating our son's graduation from School of Mines. Now we go twice a year and own a timeshare literally less than 40 feet from the ocean in West Maui, and we now own three weeks.

I used to envy the girls at school after their summer and school breaks to exotic places like Florida and Hawaii. Now Rick and I are living it up with our airline miles and our timeshares. We haven't paid for airfare in at least four years now, and we traveled first class to Fort Lauderdale. Timeshare maintenance fees and some manufactured spending have built our points to a high level. I remember reading Million Mile Secrets years ago and wondering if I could pull that off, and I have done incredibly well with the tips shared liberally on that site.

We have made some great decisions for timeshare purchases since our first few, and we honestly do not even own the same weeks we owned before at Val Chatelle and Twin Rivers. We bought off-season weeks from the developer, at ridiculous prices, too.

Now we own a lot of timeshares, and a lot of them our daughter rents to make a little income for herself and for us. We had some good fortune with cheap conversions of weeks we owned in Hawaii to get us status with Wyndham. That was a total fluke the first time, then a second purchase was purposefully engineered by yours truly. I then bought some weeks at Sheraton Broadway Plantation to use ourselves, and for our daughter to rent. I bought Marriott for trading purposes only (for trips like this one). You cannot beat the value of a Marriott exchange through II (cheap exchange fees).

What is a girl like me doing in a place like this? I must be dreaming. Pinch me, but not too hard because I bruise easily.

I wish I had known all of this sooner, but with good health we should be good for at least another 20 years of travel. Sure, things can change, we don't know what the future holds for us, but for now, we feel so incredibly blessed and fortunate.

Please share your story, TUGgers!
So nice to hear that you and Rick have made a good life for yourselves. It certainly sounds like you deserve all the perks that have come your way.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I have loved reading every story here on this thread. I am so excited to be leaving for Maui again this morning. We fly into San Francisco first, stay in a hotel near the airport, then we fly to Maui tomorrow. We will be staying at Hono Koa for one week in our owned unit, and then we lucked into a great trade at Westin Nanea for a second week.

Then yesterday, a TUG member, jjking42, aka Jim, let me know that he was letting go of a week at Shearwater, so I entered a search for those dates, which happen to be next June, and I got the match. Then last night, I checked for a week with RCI points, and I got the second week. Not even an overlap of a day. I am so excited to be going to Shearwater next year. We haven't been for a couple of years.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
I have loved reading every story here on this thread. I am so excited to be leaving for Maui again this morning. We fly into San Francisco first, stay in a hotel near the airport, then we fly to Maui tomorrow. We will be staying at Hono Koa for one week in our owned unit, and then we lucked into a great trade at Westin Nanea for a second week.

Then yesterday, a TUG member, jjking42, aka Jim, let me know that he was letting go of a week at Shearwater, so I entered a search for those dates, which happen to be next June, and I got the match. Then last night, I checked for a week with RCI points, and I got the second week. Not even an overlap of a day. I am so excited to be going to Shearwater next year. We haven't been for a couple of years.
Have a great trip!

Best Regards.

Richard