• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Some Resorts Currently Discounted

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
Well I just received some points with a 2017 use year from an eBay purchase, so I was determined to use them if I could do so conveniently and economically. In searching many resorts in driving range I found two that seem to be discounted right now even for a non VIP like myself. Specifically, Ocean Walk in Daytona Beach has a 2 BR DLX for 100,100 points instead of the book value of 154,000. Their 1 BR DLX costs 68,250 instead of 105,000. This is for week 49. 12/8-15.

Skyline Tower in Atlantic City had discounts too, though not as high. They seem to be about 14%.

So if you're in the unlikely position I found myself in, namely having some points suddenly available to use before they expire in 25 days, look at these resorts, and maybe look around at other places near where you are before you lose some points.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean Walk in Daytona Beach has a 2 BR DLX for 100,100 points instead of the book value of 154,000. Their 1 BR DLX costs 68,250 instead of 105,000. This is for week 49. 12/8-15.

I just ran this search and see even a bit better: OW 12/8-15 2 BR DLX for 77,000 (broken down as Fri/Sat 16K apiece and M-F 9K apiece).

But if book rate is 154,000 I guess I'd expect 77K (50% off) since I'm VIP. Depending on MF's, thats less than 60 bucks
a night for a 2BR! If I lived in the area and was free that week, I'd jump all over it. Thanks for sharing!

(Edit: I just realized what is going on here - the 101,100 points is exactly what you would expect for a Gold VIP discount (35%). My number is based on Platinum VIP.)

Last edited:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
(Edit: I just realized what is going on here - the 101,100 points is exactly what you would expect for a Gold VIP discount (35%). My number is based on Platinum VIP.)

The point though is that this discount is available to those of us at no VIP level. It may happen to correspond to the Gold VIP rate, but it's available to all of us (who don't have a better discount available).

Wyndham used to regularly discount resorts at the last minute and in off seasons for regular owners, but it has been pretty rare in the last few years. It would be nice if this continues, and even nicer if they bundled all of the discounted resorts on one page like before.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resort discounts for extra inventory etc. are still there. If any given special is being being featured it shows up under the Benefit Tab than Deals and Offers. There is currently a 30 percent points discounts for Pagosa. According to Wyndham, as of this morning, if a resort has a special going, even if it does not show up under the Benefits or Whats Happening tabs, the VIP discount or the special discount will show up when booking (which ever is less). VIP Platinum members would not see very many of these because their discount is normally higher than the special rate.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m at Ocean Walk now. Two weeknights and two weekend nights cost me 69,550 for a 2 bedroom. I couldn’t stay in a Super 8 for that price.

Normally we wouldn’t come here. But now that we are here, I can easily see us returning.