• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

So why is there seemingly so much more tourism now?

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Regular gas was $2.17 at the Charleston Costco yesterday and premium was $2.57. Nice!

I filled up at a convenience store in Mount Pleasant. Shell gasoline, where I have no member card for discount. 93 octane was $2.75. It's been over $3.00 for quite some time so I was surprised. Both Costco's are pretty far from us but when we get to one, we fill up.

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
I filled up at a convenience store in Mount Pleasant. Shell gasoline, where I have no member card for discount. 93 octane was $2.75. It's been over $3.00 for quite some time so I was surprised. Both Costco's are pretty far from us but when we get to one, we fill up.

I was at the Costco in Greenville two weeks ago, filling up. Paid $2.64 for premium gas there and was pretty happy. Usually GV is considered to have the lowest gas prices in the nation and Costco the lowest price in GV. I've noticed that in our area ( the Carolinas), prices have been steadily dropping since Memorial Day.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was at the Costco in Greenville two weeks ago, filling up. Paid $2.64 for premium gas there and was pretty happy. Usually GV is considered to have the lowest gas prices in the nation and Costco the lowest price in GV. I've noticed that in our area ( the Carolinas), prices have been steadily dropping since Memorial Day.

Right. We have lived in the Greenville area three times over the years. Most recently, in River Falls Plantation, which has a Duncan, SC address. Between Spartanburg and Greenville off of HWY 290, a strip of highway which once was said to have the lowest gas prices in the nation. At that time, the price wars could lead to prices changing hourly. :) Costco in Mt Pleasant today had premium at $2.65 a gallon.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
The Chinese middle class has definitely increased tourism in many areas.

We actually live close to Disneyland and have not visited in 4yrs. Overcrowded and cost restrictive based on ROI.(An annual pass is close to $800 for any child over 3) Then add my eldest son has Autism and can only handle 4hrs, which translates into 4-5 rides w/ a Special Needs pass. We now go to other attractions that have family season passes.

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
Right. We have lived in the Greenville area three times over the years. Most recently, in River Falls Plantation, which has a Duncan, SC address. Between Spartanburg and Greenville off of HWY 290, a strip of highway which once was said to have the lowest gas prices in the nation. At that time, the price wars could lead to prices changing hourly. :) Costco in Mt Pleasant today had premium at $2.65 a gallon.

Wow, had no idea there was a Costco in Mt. Pleasant! I've always gone to the Ashely River one. I'm here for a month...we should do a beach day together! My dd went to college in GV and stayed. She currently lives in the historic district and I absolutely love visiting the area...so much to do. Sadly she will be moving out of state in a couple of months.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow, had no idea there was a Costco in Mt. Pleasant! I've always gone to the Ashely River one. I'm here for a month...we should do a beach day together! My dd went to college in GV and stayed. She currently lives in the historic district and I absolutely love visiting the area...so much to do. Sadly she will be moving out of state in a couple of months.

The Costco in MP is fairly new. Drive North on HWY 17 past HWY 41 and the main entrance to Park West. Turn left onto Faison Rd. There are blue H signs at the intersection pointing the way to the hospital. There is also a building sitting on HWY 17 at this intersection that has the Costco sign painted on it. Costco will be on the right a couple of "blocks" down Faison Rd. Can't miss it if you have the right intersection. There are two or three places to turn into the hospital off of 17 so the blue signs are probably at each. The first time I drove out looking for it, I got lost but I did see a lot of great houses near and on the Wando River! :)

How nice that your daughter is living in CHS and you get to visit! Not up for a beach day but happy to meet in the Historic District. PM me.