• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

So Happy I Found TUG- Lloydshare Scam Rescinded

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't wait till tomorrow. Do it today!! They are trying to run on the clock on your five day recession period. Once time's up you will never have this chance again. Send the recession letter while you can then spend some time thinking about this purchase, do research and learn what a terrible financial decision this is. IF you decide after spending that time that you really want it then find, go blow the money. I guarantee the same offer will be available again if you decide its best for you. No matter how many times they lie and say this is a one time, limited time, today only, etc offer.

Mexican timeshares almost universally have NO RESALE VALUE. So once your recession period is over your $20K is gone, poof, up in smoke. If you really want to give away $20K for a worthless product I can send you my Paypal account to deposit into.

jieamoniqe17

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Velas Vallarta
We feel that you should not buy a MEXICAN timeshare. They are great to visit, but their lying, and deceit are pervasive. And since there are SO MANY great places in Mexico, it makes them easy to reserve through VRBO, Tripadvisor, and any number of other outlets without tying up your money. Timeshares in general are a lousy investment, and since there is no true 'ownership' in Mexican ones (no deed) there is just no 'there' there.

But frankly, it's your money. Spend it as you wish. If you see value there, go for it with our blessing. Just remember. if you turn this down, and walk away. and come back to TUG and learn what you can about this type of vacation, you'll be an INFORMED consumer, and if this deal turns out to be something you truly see value in, THE DEAL WILL STILL BE THERE next week, next month, next year. That's the way Mexican TSs work.

Jim
Thank you for your words of advice. Sorry I was so hardheaded. You know what's funny. Both of my signed letters of recession disappeared. I had one with me yesterday when I spoke with the sales person and I had another in my condo. That seals the deal for me. I don't do deceptive practices. We are going downtown today and I will send the letter via DHL. Thank you for convincing me.

I warned these people that I am not into deceptive sales practices, everytime I turn around they do something that is not kosher. Yesterday, when I was speaking with them, I noticed that my packet disappeared, they took it (without asking) and then returned it. How can I get into a relationship with them when they do little things like this?

I appreciate your patience and showing me the error of my ways.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Time grows very short. Don't give this a second thought. Go and immediately rescind, and hope that they honor it.

By the way, if you are successful in canceling this purchase (and getting your money back) keep in mind this offer will be on the table next time you take the tour! Don't feel bad for one minute that you are backing out today.

You can likely turn around and buy this for $1 on the open resale market.

Keep us posted.

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your words of advice. Sorry I was so hardheaded. You know what's funny. Both of my signed letters of recession disappeared. I had one with me yesterday when I spoke with the sales person and I had another in my condo. That seals the deal for me. I don't do deceptive practices. We are going downtown today and I will send the letter via DHL. Thank you for convincing me.

I warned these people that I am not into deceptive sales practices, everytime I turn around they do something that is not kosher. Yesterday, when I was speaking with them, I noticed that my packet disappeared, they took it (without asking) and then returned it. How can I get into a relationship with them when they do little things like this?

I appreciate your patience and showing me the error of my ways.

You will not be sorry. As others have said, no matter what they tell you about a deal only being good for the day, that's just a lie to get you to buy on the spot without doing your research. The deal is always available the next day. But your right to rescind is short, and once it is over, you probably would not even be able to give your timeshare away. You might have to pay someone to take it off your hands. Rescinding is the best choice you could make. Congratulations!

jieamoniqe17

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Velas Vallarta
Time grows very short. Don't give this a second thought. Go and immediately rescind, and hope that they honor it.

By the way, if you are successful in canceling this purchase (and getting your money back) keep in mind this offer will be on the table next time you take the tour! Don't feel bad for one minute that you are backing out today.

You can likely turn around and buy this for $1 on the open resale market.

Keep us posted.

The Time Traveler, Family27, Passepartout, TUGBrian, Iggyearl, and others....

Thank you for all of your patience, encouragement, and words of advice.

Today--I went to DHL and I sent a recission letter. The same letter that I emailed several nights ago, however I wrote mailed on 3/16/18.

I requested that it be signed for, so that I will know when it is delivered.

I spoke with an American real estate agent, who gave me the name of a guy who gets people out of timeshares. The company is called International Timeshare Exit (1-888-541-9759/ Mexico 044-322-173-19540). Has anybody heard of this company? It is based in Nuevo Vallarta. The owner's name is Ted Clarke. I figured if worse comes to worse, I will try to reach out to him.

I do like the timeshare,but I do like being stronghold into buying it. I appreciate all of your encouragement. Several people have said, if it is available today, then it will be available tomorrow. I like to do my research before I my a major purchase and I am not being permitted to do any research. Again, I am glad that I found TUGS, it will give me an opportunity to do more research and make an informed decision. Thanks a million. In the meantime, I am going to safely store away my DHL receipt.

jieamoniqe17

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Did you send the rescission letter to their business office, in accordance with such instructions that are in the contract? Sometimes, they can be sticklers for detail when it's them that are on the losing end.

We have little to no faith in 'get you out of your timeshare' outfits. We have never found one that isn't a scam to take your money (they aren't cheap) then disappear. They can't do anything you can't do yourself. There are NO magic words of pixie dust to miraculously make a valid contract, signed by adults to go away.I

We are truly happy that you have made this decision (with a little help) and saved yourselves $50,000 or $20,000, or even a few hundreds of dollars. I promise more wonderful Mexican resort vacations, and maybe you can join some new TUG friends!

Now, go get a margarita, and resume your vacation!

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I spoke with an American real estate agent, who gave me the name of a guy who gets people out of timeshares.

Why would you need the services of someone who allegedly gets people out of timeshares? If you sent in your rescission letter, that's all you will need. You don't need any other "help" from these get-out-of-your-timeshare outfits that are usually scams anyway.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
why would a random american real estate agent put you in contact with a "cancellation company"?

its absolutely the worst advice anyone could possibly give someone still in their rescission period.

jieamoniqe17

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Velas Vallarta
Wow-

Ok, well. I have the guy's number and I did not use it. Thank goodness. I had the team or experts on TUG encouraging me along. I feel so much better about this entire experience.- thanks to your help- Passepartout, TUGBrian, LannyPC.

Yes, I sent the letter to the business office- the address that was directly from the contract.

I didn't realize that the get-out of time share business's charged loads of money- sounds like I almost walked from one scam to another. Wow- what a vacation of education. I think I will go home and rest now. I will also call my credit card company.

Thanks a million for your help. I look forward to getting to know my new TUG friends. Words can't express my gratitude, for all the headache, heartache, and purse ache that you saved me from- I am indebted to TUG and the kindness of its' members. Now- I need to educate myself about timeshares.

I will let you know the outcome of my letter.

Jiea

rockotoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, I just found this thread this morning. You have received plenty of good advice, so I won't bore you with more. We also own at Velas Vallarta - and it is a beautiful resort. We go there every couple of years.

But is it worth the $$$? Nope. We first bought in the late '90s, and paid too much. Then, in subsequent visits, we were sold a couple of upgrades. We fell for their stories three times!! I don't know how much we have spent, but it is near $30K.

So, now we are paying only $200/yr maintenance fees (down from a max of $850 or so), but have to use AI, which we have come to like, even though we probably would spend less if not AI.

We now try to use RCI to get exchanges. That is almost as frustrating as the resort sales pitches! We have never found an exchange that is as nice as Velas (although the Welk resort in Escondido is close - in fact, we are here right now).

I sure hope you are able to successfully rescind your contract - then look at the TUG site for rental offers at Velas - much better deal.

So sorry you had to spend your vacation fighting the sales ripoff!

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jiea:
I'm glad to see that you finally rescinded. This is why we never recommend that buyers return to the sales room - the sales people are well trained to counter any reason you may give. You put the rescission in the mail and give no reason. Just "I am exercising my legal right to rescind."

They have made you believe that you saved several thousand dollars and got a great deal. In reality, you had thrown away a smaller pile of money than a few days ago.
Remember, we gain nothing, except the knowledge that we are doing the right thing, by helping you. The sales people have huge commissions on the line. So, whom are you going to believe?

See 3 posts beginning here to see that these resorts are available all the time via the exchange company RCI.
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/rci-casa-velas-boutique-hotel-8573.271354/

Last edited:

Porkface

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not legal advice, just another consideration, depending on your method of payment, contact your bank to see if they can cancel the money transfer or retrieve your money. I'd work the fraud angle if possible.

Also, in my opinion, everything that comes out of a timeshare salespersons mouth is a lie. Just read these forums.

little1

TUG Member
Reaction score
jieamoniqe17,

What explanation is needed? You can buy the same or similar resorts for <$700. You stated yourself. You can also trade into these resorts easily with other timeshares in U.S. Learn the system, and then buy.

I don't own any timeshare. But I have access to them through a friend who has ways of getting them cheap. I can get Mexican timeshare for under $500 for 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom units easily. Few years ago, I got an 1-bedroom unit at Grand Mayan resort for $450 for a week. It is less than the annual maintenance fee they charge the owner. What does this tell you? These Mexican resorts timeshares are worthless.

(PS. Sorry to other Tuggers, I have consistently travel for 10+ years using timeshare resort systems for an average of <$700 per week without owning any timeshare. 90% of these resorts were top-timeshare resorts.)

Sorry for being blunt. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU. You are SO TIRE because you didn't follow experts' advice. It would have been simple IF you would just follow the directions. After all the advises from the experts in the previous posts telling you:

....DON'T TALK TO THE SALES PEOPLE ANY MORE....

....Send the RESCIND LETTER in on time.....

I will make a deal with you now. Give me $2,000 and I will get you the resort....lol....

Last edited:

Kapolei

Reaction score
“(PS. Sorry to other Tuggers, I have consistently travel for 10+ years using timeshare resort systems for an average of <$700 per week without owning any timeshare. 90% of these resorts were top-timeshare resorts.)....”

I know someone who travels on jets for free or at most $100 all around the world. That person has never come to me and said I am an idiot for buying my tickets to travel on the airlines. Most people are aware that industry discounts and free passage exists. How do you help this forum by telling us about yours?

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have owned timeshare for 24 years. I own timeshare in Mexico. I bought most of contracts resale or someone gave them to me. I rent my timeshares and I make money, this is not for everyone trust me it is time consuming. I never bank my Mexico timeshares with exchange companies as they don't trade that well unless they are very highly rated groups.
I have recisioned on several timeshares both in US and Mexico sales always keep coming up with some new BS that I fall for.
Puerto Vallarta is not the best location for trade. People fall in love with a resort I get that. So save your money and rent that resort every year until you get tired of staying there.

Arusso

TUG Member
Reaction score
99.5% of all the advice TUGGERS on this blog have opinined on is SPOT ON. I would just like to add a few thoughts. I lived in Mexico a few years ago and understand the customs and have some knowledge of their jurisprudence and banking nuances which are very different. A number of years ago, several important consumer protection laws were enacted to help us foreigners extract ourselves from business deals and contracts in Mexico. By far, most Americans fall victim to the "timeshare" pitch, which in Mexico, are all "Rite To Use" contracts for 25 to 30 years with succession rights. But, more fundamentally, most if not all timeshares purchases in modern times are extraordinarily bad business deals, why would you buy anything in the first place? You can book most resorts (ask any guest staying there who did) for less than the maintenance fees you would pay even if the resort were given to you gratis. Of course there are some exceptions but the are not worth the premium one would need to pay.

Overall, the rescission process is straightforward and keep all original records. Get verification the money withdrawn was returned within 48 hours.

One last rule, never make any business decisions under duress. When you are on vacation, because of the nice weather, adult beverages, relaxed and elated mood, sets you up for making mistakes. You drop your guard and vulnerable. A simple analogy makes the point. You go on vacation and walk past a car dealership. You may or may not be interested in buying a new car, but you are enticed inside because the salesperson comes outside with a cocktail and says if you come in, I'll give you a gift you can use on your vacation. Well, you take the bait and enter. You sit down and the salesperson tells you about the amazing product and the special offer only available today. He then gives you a selling price. Would you buy the car based on this sales pitch? Hardly. What is amazing is that we would never buy a car going on vacation in an unfamiliar place without knowing what the market price is. Yet, in this example, this is what people do because the fail to realize that you must know the value of what you're buying.

Thank goodness you realized you made a mistake. Reach out to TUGGERS for further advice. We are here to help people avoid mistakes and enjoy hassle free vacationing.

jieamoniqe17

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Velas Vallarta
Thanks. Did you send the rescission letter to their business office, in accordance with such instructions that are in the contract? Sometimes, they can be sticklers for detail when it's them that are on the losing end.

We have little to no faith in 'get you out of your timeshare' outfits. We have never found one that isn't a scam to take your money (they aren't cheap) then disappear. They can't do anything you can't do yourself. There are NO magic words of pixie dust to miraculously make a valid contract, signed by adults to go away.I

We are truly happy that you have made this decision (with a little help) and saved yourselves $50,000 or $20,000, or even a few hundreds of dollars. I promise more wonderful Mexican resort vacations, and maybe you can join some new TUG friends!

Now, go get a margarita, and resume your vacation!

Hi Passepartout,

I sent the letter via DHL on 3/16/18. I also had the recipient sign for the letter as stated in the contract. I received a call today from Velas Vallarta, wanting to know why I was cancelling. I told him because he would not listen to or honor my request. He is now offering me a timeshare for $10,000. I am so tired of counter offers. I have done what I was supposed to do and now they do not want to return my money.

When he called today, I told him he was not supposed to get the DHL letter until tomorrow, today is Benito Juarez's birthday. Well, It arrived today and I was told he was called into the office from his day off (sure). This is becoming a real headache- "No is No." MY next step is to reach back out to PROFECO.

I so glad the members on this forum pushed me to get the letter in on time and documented correctly. I have done my due diligence, but it appears it is not over yet.

jieamoniqe17

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Velas Vallarta
Wishing the OP good luck. You made the Right Decision.:thumbup::clap:
Thank you Pedro. I still have a fight ahead of me. Next step is ProFeco and disputing the transaction via my credit card company.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Passepartout,

I sent the letter via DHL on 3/16/18. I also had the recipient sign for the letter as stated in the contract. I received a call today from Velas Vallarta, wanting to know why I was cancelling. I told him because he would not listen to or honor my request. He is now offering me a timeshare for $10,000. I am so tired of counter offers. I have done what I was supposed to do and now they do not want to return my money.

When he called today, I told him he was not supposed to get the DHL letter until tomorrow, today is Benito Juarez's birthday. Well, It arrived today and I was told he was called into the office from his day off (sure). This is becoming a real headache- "No is No." MY next step is to reach back out to PROFECO.

I so glad the members on this forum pushed me to get the letter in on time and documented correctly. I have done my due diligence, but it appears it is not over yet.

It's so sad you had to take that call. As long as you did what you had to do, and by the deadline you were required to do it in, then hopefully you should be all set.

Ignore any further phone calls from these Mexican hustlers. All they care about is your hard earned money.

DON'T GIVE UP.

Keep us posted.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Passepartout,

We are proud of you sticking with this. It is not easy. They are trained to counter any argument and keep lying and deceiving. The truth is not in them. You can see why we recommend doing the whole rescission thing by mail from a distance instead of on the premises, face to face. And why they want to catch potential buyers early in their stay so they can't have access to facts, reliable mail and away from the salesweasels.

Keep It up!

Jim

jieamoniqe17

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Velas Vallarta
Jiea:
I'm glad to see that you finally rescinded. This is why we never recommend that buyers return to the sales room - the sales people are well trained to counter any reason you may give. You put the rescission in the mail and give no reason. Just "I am exercising my legal right to rescind."

They have made you believe that you saved several thousand dollars and got a great deal. In reality, you had thrown away a smaller pile of money than a few days ago.
Remember, we gain nothing, except the knowledge that we are doing the right thing, by helping you. The sales people have huge commissions on the line. So, whom are you going to believe?

See 3 posts beginning here to see that these resorts are available all the time via the exchange company RCI.
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/rci-casa-velas-boutique-hotel-8573.271354/

Oh Hudshut,

I totally believe you. I am very grateful for the sound advice I received from the members in this forum. Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedules to assist me with my timeshare ordeal.

The coaching I received from everyone was invaluable and spot-on. The benefit of going back to the sales room- I got $8900 back, however, they do not want to give me the remaining money. I sent the DHL Letter with a signature on delivery and the salesman "bosses' boss" called me from Mexico today with a lower amount today. Now, he is offering me a timeshare for $10,000. I am so angry, now $10,000 from the original $50,000- what an awful scam, and just think if I had not found TUGG- I'd be out of $50,000+. All I want is my money and he refuses to take "no."

Of course I am going to believe you. Unfortunately, I also BELIEVED in honor and I never thought that people would cheat another person like this. If I had not found TUGG- I really saying- Thanks a million...

Jiea

jieamoniqe17

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Velas Vallarta
We are proud of you sticking with this. It is not easy. They are trained to counter any argument and keep lying and deceiving. The truth is not in them. You can see why we recommend doing the whole rescission thing by mail from a distance instead of on the premises, face to face. And why they want to catch potential buyers early in their stay so they can't have access to facts, reliable mail and away from the salesweasels.

Keep It up!

Jim
Yes- I see absolutely. It is just a game for them. Will I give in? Absolutely NOT!

jieamoniqe17

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Velas Vallarta
T
It's so sad you had to take that call. As long as you did what you had to do, and by the deadline you were required to do it in, then hopefully you should be all set.

Ignore any further phone calls from these Mexican hustlers. All they care about is your hard earned money.

DON'T GIVE UP.

Keep us posted.

Thank you Time Traveler. I will ignore further phone calls from Mexico. I will also contact my credit card.

I appreciate the words of encouragement. :)

I don't like it when speak don't respect what you say-- "the use of hard and deceptive sales techniques put a bad taste in your mouth." Atleast it does in mine- it makes me never want to sell again or be sold- But I am a salesperson and I listen first and sale second.

Jiea

jieamoniqe17

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Velas Vallarta
99.5% of all the advice TUGGERS on this blog have opinined on is SPOT ON. I would just like to add a few thoughts. I lived in Mexico a few years ago and understand the customs and have some knowledge of their jurisprudence and banking nuances which are very different. A number of years ago, several important consumer protection laws were enacted to help us foreigners extract ourselves from business deals and contracts in Mexico. By far, most Americans fall victim to the "timeshare" pitch, which in Mexico, are all "Rite To Use" contracts for 25 to 30 years with succession rights. But, more fundamentally, most if not all timeshares purchases in modern times are extraordinarily bad business deals, why would you buy anything in the first place? You can book most resorts (ask any guest staying there who did) for less than the maintenance fees you would pay even if the resort were given to you gratis. Of course there are some exceptions but the are not worth the premium one would need to pay.

Overall, the rescission process is straightforward and keep all original records. Get verification the money withdrawn was returned within 48 hours.

One last rule, never make any business decisions under duress. When you are on vacation, because of the nice weather, adult beverages, relaxed and elated mood, sets you up for making mistakes. You drop your guard and vulnerable. A simple analogy makes the point. You go on vacation and walk past a car dealership. You may or may not be interested in buying a new car, but you are enticed inside because the salesperson comes outside with a cocktail and says if you come in, I'll give you a gift you can use on your vacation. Well, you take the bait and enter. You sit down and the salesperson tells you about the amazing product and the special offer only available today. He then gives you a selling price. Would you buy the car based on this sales pitch? Hardly. What is amazing is that we would never buy a car going on vacation in an unfamiliar place without knowing what the market price is. Yet, in this example, this is what people do because the fail to realize that you must know the value of what you're buying.

Thank goodness you realized you made a mistake. Reach out to TUGGERS for further advice. We are here to help people avoid mistakes and enjoy hassle free vacationing.

Arusso,

That was a great analogy. Thank you for reminding me of the fundamentals. Yes, I made a dumb mistake. Now, I'm trying to fix it.

I will reach out to ProFeco tomorrow.

Jiea