• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2018] Slim pickings on resale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Prices are definitely very high for this time of year or anytime for that matter
282,000 point CWA contract on eBay
$2,050.00 current bid
Plus $849.00 closing and transfer
$2,899.00 currently and auction doesn’t end until tomorrow night. Already over $10.00 per thousand points

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
A good time to sell it appears!

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
A good time to sell it appears!

If you look close enough you can find some small contracts, but the big stuff appears to be gone.

Disney takes back 7-8% rofl and the budget for it and will usually run out before end of fiscal year. Ovation has lower outlays of course, but their budget is not unlimited, and the demand to unload is high, and they don’t want to carry more inventory than they could sell.

I suspect that Ovation is a multi year program that will expand and contract in proportion to sales.

If, for example, we go into a resession, they would be overwhelmed with foreclosures and Ovation demand, and prices will drop.

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
It has come to this:

Bought a 105k Midtown 45 for $500 Buy it now, and $450 closing.

The mfs work out to 5.27 or so, but even so a bit of a premium considering 105K ARP at midtown is so small as to be functionally worthless.

There are a couple of auctions that had promise but are already on a higher price trajectory.

Sigh. I think I’m done buying until next recession.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
The resale prices are still 10-20 times less then what Wyndham sells them for. Ovations sets the price at $0.00 If that's what they are willing to pay why would anyone else pay more?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It has come to this:

Bought a 105k Midtown 45 for $500 Buy it now, and $450 closing.

The mfs work out to 5.27 or so, but even so a bit of a premium considering 105K ARP at midtown is so small as to be functionally worthless.

There are a couple of auctions that had promise but are already on a higher price trajectory.

Sigh. I think I’m done buying until next recession.
I offered $500 with seller paying all closing. The seller was not real sure on the closing process and thought TUG would do closing for $150. The 5.27 MF was including the $131 program fee.

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
The resale prices are still 10-20 times less then what Wyndham sells them for. Ovations sets the price at $0.00 If that's what they are willing to pay why would anyone else pay more?
A CWA 282,000 point contract sold last night on eBay for almost $16.00 per thousand points.
Was Wyndham the end buyer ? Who knows.
If you have a contract bought from Wyndham and Wyndham gives you 3 years of points with no MFs
If your MFs were $5.00 per thousand points. Wyndham just paid you $15.00 per thousand points with no closing or transfer cost.
If you own a qualifying contract and will use the 3 years of points Ovation is almost always the way to go
Wyndham does pay more than $.00 What’s the max they are willing to pay ? Who knows?

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
I offered $500 with seller paying all closing. The seller was not real sure on the closing process and thought TUG would do closing for $150. The 5.27 MF was including the $131 program fee.
Yes, not to sophisticated I told him I’d pay $500 and closing and $150 toward transfer and the recommended LT which will likely be $$75 more.

I had to go back and forth to determine she was including flat $131 program fee and had no other points; she was talking brackets and such to determine my cost would be about $553 vs $623.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
A CWA 282,000 point contract sold last night on eBay for almost $16.00 per thousand points.
Was Wyndham the end buyer ? Who knows.
If you have a contract bought from Wyndham and Wyndham gives you 3 years of points with no MFs
If your MFs were $5.00 per thousand points. Wyndham just paid you $15.00 per thousand points with no closing or transfer cost.
If you own a qualifying contract and will use the 3 years of points Ovation is almost always the way to go
Wyndham does pay more than $.00 What’s the max they are willing to pay ? Who knows?
Yes you are correct Wyndham only offers the 3 years free use if you bought developer. Resale contracts they offer no free use and any existing reservations will be canceled.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes you are correct Wyndham only offers the 3 years free use if you bought developer. Resale contracts they offer no free use and any existing reservations will be canceled.
We shouldn’t kid ourselves on why Wyndham takes so long to transfer resale contracts.
Most resale sellers would be better off going through Ovation also to stop MFs quicker and no closing- transfer cost
Wyndham is trying to get even the scam upfront fee exit companies to just go through Ovation instead of selling on eBay.

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the sites I used to browse frequently was myresortnetwork because they had larger contracts and generally the prices matched reality. Mostly realtors and timeshare disposal guys and a few individual.

By my estimation the inventory on that site (for desirable contracts) has dropped close to nothing, with zero inventory for resorts that used to have a dozen listings. Perhaps they were doing spring cleaning of ads, but sure seems like it’s 90% gone.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, not to sophisticated I told him I’d pay $500 and closing and $150 toward transfer and the recommended LT which will likely be $$75 more.

I had to go back and forth to determine she was including flat $131 program fee and had no other points; she was talking brackets and such to determine my cost would be about $553 vs $623.
We shouldn’t kid ourselves on why Wyndham takes so long to transfer resale contracts.
Most resale sellers would be better off going through Ovation also to stop MFs quicker and no closing- transfer cost
Wyndham is trying to get even the scam upfront fee exit companies to just go through Ovation instead of selling on eBay.
Agreed Wyndham has made it harder anyone to buy and sell these deeds.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! On eBay a CWA 105k point contract over $21.00 per thousand points and doesn’t end until tomorrow afternoon
Current bid $1,375.00 plus $849.00 closing and transfer = $2,224.00
Glad I bought the last few years!!

Last edited:

kukenan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed Wyndham has made it harder anyone to buy and sell these deeds.

It's clever, and CWA is the perfect way to sell all those white/low season deeds, Wyndham is getting back almost everything through Ovation at $0 and creating points including everything into CWA.

Other chains only takes back or ROFR Platinum/Gold weeks because they know they can sell them at higher prices, Wyndham can sell whatever season weeks packed as CWA at developer prices.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! On eBay a CWA 105k point contract over $21.00 per thousand points and doesn’t end until tomorrow afternoon
WOW! On EBay 400,00 CWA points sold for $4/1000. Closing costs Free! Transfer costs paid by seller!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/400-000-PO...096485?hash=item4d6a12c3e5:g:eZYAAOSwjC9ZhLb3

Just as CWA has sold, on average, for at least the last 5 years. :rolleyes:

Welcome to EBay.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
WOW! On EBay 400,00 CWA points sold for $4/1000. Closing costs Free! Transfer costs paid by seller!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/400-000-PO...096485?hash=item4d6a12c3e5:g:eZYAAOSwjC9ZhLb3

Just as CWA has sold, on average, for at least the last 5 years. :rolleyes:

Welcome to EBay.
That was December 2017.
Something has been happening in the last 30-45 days. Wyndham buying ?
The seller makes a difference on price. I see that all the time.
When was the last time you seen a CWA contract sell for over $21.00 per thousand points on eBay. They were always a dime a dozen and cheaper than low MF contracts. CWA selling for $4.00 per thousand was the normal or average price
Yea I’ll say WOW again because that is simply the highest priced CWA contract I’ve ever seen on eBay.

Dave Landry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City Beach
That was December 2017.
Something has been happening in the last 30-45 days. Wyndham buying ?
The seller makes a difference on price. I see that all the time.
When was the last time you seen a CWA contract sell for over $21.00 per thousand points on eBay. They were always a dime a dozen and cheaper than low MF contracts. CWA selling for $4.00 per thousand was the normal or average price
Yea I’ll say WOW again because that is simply the highest priced CWA contract I’ve ever seen on eBay.
I noticed the rise in price start with the lower maintenance fee deeds when we started looking to purchase last year. If prices are rising it's only good news to those who already own should they decide to get rid of them!

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score

I can't find this one anymore, but last night when I looked at it, there were 5 bidders with about 64 bids.

The second bidder had many bids with only 2 feedbacks. The top bidder had one bid placed about a week ago with 0 feedbacks.

What happened to snipping? I suspect that those bidders don't have a clue on how ebay functions.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s the next Wyndham contract to end. I can still see it
Last night the bid was $1,375.00 today it’s upto $2,025.00 over $27.00 per thousand
It might very well be a couple of inexperienced buyers. Sure don’t think it’s insider bidding for the seller at that price.
Anything goes on eBay.

kukenan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't find this one anymore, but last night when I looked at it, there were 5 bidders with about 64 bids.

The second bidder had many bids with only 2 feedbacks. The top bidder had one bid placed about a week ago with 0 feedbacks.

What happened to snipping? I suspect that those bidders don't have a clue on how ebay functions.

Or just pushing the price up

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s the next Wyndham contract to end. I can still see it
Last night the bid was $1,375.00 today it’s upto $2,025.00 over $27.00 per thousand
It might very well be a couple of inexperienced buyers. Sure don’t think it’s insider bidding for the seller at that price.
Anything goes on eBay.

I found it on my tablet, I couldn't find it on my desktop.

I see that 0 feedback had put in a week old bid at $2000 and we now have a new bidder with 3 feedbacks at $2025.

Apparently that's where the market is for them. I noticed that in the sold listings there was a 105,000 that went for over $1400 in a private auction recently.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking through the sold listings, I noticed that two big National Harbor contracts went for less than $10 per thousand, so low mf might not be the driver.

It seems that there might be increased interest in CWA by new players.

Last week at Sea Gardens, a fixed week resort, a few owners were complaining that there is less inventory at 10 months than in the past.
Of course they were told that previously member owned units were now in CWA and they need CWA to book at 13 months.
Perhaps that type of thing has generated more demand for CWA than other types of contracts.

I can't book my converted fixed week online. It looks like the phones will be busy at 13 months for fixed week resorts.

Dave Landry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City Beach
Luckily for us we usually make last minute plans anyways so don't need ARP anywhere.

We had booked a room at Panama city Beach for the 3rd and 4th this weekend but....
Just scored a room starting this weekend in Daytona so we are going to extend our vacation.

Now I am going to offer the Panama to friends on Facebook if I find any are interested or close enough

Status
Not open for further replies.