• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sleeping Arrangements for 2 bedroom WKORV-N

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
There will be 5 adults and 1 ,17 mos old staying at WKORV-N for 8 nights and for all but 1 night we have a 2 bedroom and a studio. We were unable for the 1st night to get the extra studio. My daughter , son -in -law and our grand baby are coming in around 8 pm so we were considering for that 1st night all squeezing in to the 2 bedroom. We have Hyatt hotel points so do have a back up night reserved at their hotel but it is not right next door so inconvenient. We are considering cancelling it and saving the points. Are the pull out sofas comfortable if we all stay at the? I know with Hyatt they are but this will be our first time using our Vistanna SOs. and not sure if an adult could comfortably sleep on the pull out. Thanks for any input. We are getting excited!!

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
I've slept on the pull out multiple times at SVV and Lagunamar. If its just 1 night, then i wouldn't bother and bare it, i'd rather save the points lol. Heck I could possibly do it all 8 nights lol.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I had a friend sleep on the pull out at WKORVN for 9 nights last month. She never complained, but then again she was staying in Maui for free....:shrug:

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great, that reinforces what I wanted to hear!!Thank you.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
I might be reading it wrong but (apart for 1 night) you have a 2BR and a studio for just 5 adults and 1 small child? We've survived a week in a 1BR with 5 adults (admittedly 3 of them late teenagers). You could fit 12 in what you have so it should be OK :)

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I might be reading it wrong but (apart for 1 night) you have a 2BR and a studio for just 5 adults and 1 small child? We've survived a week in a 1BR with 5 adults (admittedly 3 of them late teenagers). You could fit 12 in what you have so it should be OK :)

FYI...I was told by a Vistana CSR this week that the maximum occupancy of 1 Bedrooms (and Studios) at WKORVN is 4. So if my daughter wanted to bring a friend to a one bedroom making our group 5 - even with a rollaway - that we would not be allowed to do so because we would be over capacity. He said that would mandate that we have a 2 bedroom or add another unit.

Sometimes fire code is a source of the restriction. I am not sure if this is the case here.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FYI...I was told by a Vistana CSR this week that the maximum occupancy of 1 Bedrooms (and Studios) at WKORVN is 4. So if my daughter wanted to bring a friend to a one bedroom making our group 5 - even with a rollaway - that we would not be allowed to do so because we would be over capacity. He said that would mandate that we have a 2 bedroom or add another unit.

Sometimes fire code is a source of the restriction. I am not sure if this is the case here.

I don't doubt that's what they say. I think I forgot to tell them and in all the years we've been going there I've never experienced a midnight bed check on the villas so I think you'd be OK. If I ever did have a problem I suppose I could always offer it back to them at the developer price I paid for it when they told me it slept 5 :)

I'm no fire expert but if they pass a 480' studio for 4 adults then a 750' 1BR for 5 wouldn't seem problematical to me.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@EnglishmanAbroad I agree. While I could understand 4 for the studio, but for a 750' 1 bedroom, this seemed like over-reach. I would have expected them to say 5 or 6 for a 1 bedroom.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I don't doubt that's what they say. I think I forgot to tell them and in all the years we've been going there I've never experienced a midnight bed check on the villas so I think you'd be OK. If I ever did have a problem I suppose I could always offer it back to them at the developer price I paid for it when they told me it slept 5 :)

I'm no fire expert but if they pass a 480' studio for 4 adults then a 750' 1BR for 5 wouldn't seem problematical to me.

I purchased WKORV-N pre-construction and the 1BR was not marketed as a capacity of 5. Each side of the lockoff was marketed with a capacity of 4.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
What they tell you verbally is not binding - this is stated in the Contract that you sign. Occupancy for both sides is 8; 4 per each side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ha ha. We used to do that when my kids were teens. Now we have a grand daughter who wakes at 5:30 so my husband and I are staying in the studio so we can at least sleep a little extra , then we'll have the energy to more fully enjoy her!!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ha ha. We used to do that when my kids were teens. Now we have a grand daughter who wakes at 5:30 so my husband and I are staying in the studio so we can at least sleep a little extra , then we'll have the energy to more fully enjoy her!!

Enjoy your stay and enjoy your Granddaughter being with you. We went with our daughters and our 18 month old Grandson for the first time last October and stayed in a 2BR at Nanea. He loved the water activities there and at the Pirate Ship.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What they tell you verbally is not binding - this is stated in the Contract that you sign. Occupancy for both sides is 8; 4 per each side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't doubt it but as I said I've never know them to do bed checks. I like to live dangerously, I once got a speeding ticket so I had better be careful in case I get deported :)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I don't doubt it but as I said I've never know them to do bed checks. I like to live dangerously, I once got a speeding ticket so I had better be careful in case I get deported :)

Do whatever you want. You asked the question about occupancy, and I replied (8 total, 4+4). This is a fact - along with the contract stating that whatever was told to you during a sales presentation is non-binding.

Of course they do not bed check - then why ask?
I do not understand the attempt at humor re: speeding/deportation - if that was what was intended.
If an analogy - then a poor one.

Anne&Jim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Villas North OF (annual)
Westin Kaanapali Villas North (annual)
Westin Kaanapali Villas North (bi-annual)
Westin Mission Hills (annual)
Cliff Club at Snowbird (annual)
The Ridge at Tahoe (annual)
Do whatever you want. You asked the question about occupancy, and I replied (8 total, 4+4). This is a fact - along with the contract stating that whatever was told to you during a sales presentation is non-binding.

I do not understand the attempt at humor re: speeding/deportation - if that was what was intended.

No need to be mean. I appreciated the light hearted humor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I have no argument with you DavidnRobin and of course you are right it's 4+4=8 although looking on Redweek I stopped counting at 50 rental postings for WKORV and WKORV-N where the occupancy listed exceeds those numbers. At least none of the resales do the same.

As my username might suggest I prefer humour to humor and was indicating that with a speeding ticket against my name I might be in trouble if I added a timeshare occupancy violation to my rap sheet :)

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
FWIW I thought it was funny...but that's just me.

IMHO if @EnglishmanAbroad doesn't mind the risk and inconvenience of slipping an extra teen in his unit, I don't mind at all because that frees up another unit that owners and StarOption users can reserve. ;)

SkyBlueWaters

Reaction score
Does the limit of 4 adults capacity include children 17 and under who are allowed to sleep in the beds allowed for adults? The language on that is confusing. I interpret it to allow an additional 4 children in the room.

Last edited:

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island

Now that's a great one! Nitey, nitey and slow down.