• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Silver member currently on 4 month trip

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Hi... I use mostly Diamond when travelling due to the great 50% & 75% off sales and upgrades / insurance benefits.

Has anyone used their new free week presentation giveaway?

applepie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts US Collection
Can you explain how you've been able to travel for 4 months on 15,000 points? I love the last minute options for 50% off and that they allow you to rent additional points as a one time purchase.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP...

Are you traveling off season or very low season only? Let’s just say the average week in Diamond Club Points is 6000 points at a 50% discount or 3000 points for a week vacation. Example #2..next at a 75% off discount equal 4500 discount Club Points or 1500 for a seven (7) nights vacation stay.

1500 Diamond Club Points for a seven (7) nights vacations is only 10 weeks or two (2) months and two(2) weeks of timeshare vacations . Still that is not bad for 15,000 Diamond Club Points.

Last edited:

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP...

Are you traveling off season or very low season only? Let’s just say the average week in Diamond Club Points is 6000 points at a 50% discount or 3000 points for a week vacation. Example #2..next at a 75% off discount equal 4500 discount Club Points or 1500 for a seven (7) nights vacation stay.

1500 Diamond Club Points for a seven (7) nights vacations is only 10 weeks or two (2) months and two(2) weeks of timeshare vacations . Still that is not bad for 15,000 Diamond Club Points.

I had gotten 6 weeks out of 4000 points. The most points was 875 for the week all 1-bedrooms. You must travel during extreme slow periods and diamond must give 75% discounts. I stayed in Williamsburg and Orlando. So yah, I think it can be done

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP sounds liked your plans are working just fine.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I think they mean the free vacation you get when you buy new Points.

applepie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I can speak to this and give you all of the options. If you buy points, they give you a dream vacation that can include airfare and hotel with a value up to a certain amount. The lowest points like 3,000 only provide accommodations for a few days, but the most points provide up to a cruise. In all cases, accommodations and airfare are for 2 people. The options are as follows:

3,000 points are accommodations only and 20% off rental car:

Las Vegas - 5 nights at Polo Tower Suites in 1 bedroom
Orlando - 5 nights at Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club in 1 bedroom
Honolulu - 5 nights at The Modern Honolulu in Standard Hotel Room
Kona - 5 nights at Royal Kona Resort in Standard Hotel Room
St. Louis - 5 nights at Red Lion Hotel St. Louis City Center in Standard Hotel Room
San Diego - 5 nights at Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina in Standard Hotel Room

6,000 points are accommodations and airfare with 20% off rental car

Las Vegas - 5 nights at Polo Tower Suites in 1 bedroom
Orlando - 5 nights at Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club in 1 bedroom
Honolulu - 5 nights at The Modern Honolulu in Standard Hotel Room
Kona - 4 nights at Royal Kona Resort in Standard Hotel Room
St. Louis - 5 nights at Red Lion Hotel St. Louis City Center in Standard Hotel Room
San Diego - 5 nights at Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina in Standard Hotel Room

7,500 points are accommodations, airfare, 20% off rental car and can include a cruise or stays at 2 places

Orlando and Caribbean Cruise - 4 nights at Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club 1 bedroom and 7 nights Caribbean Cruise Ocean View Cabin
Kona - 6 nights at Royal Kona Resort in Standard Hotel Room
Honolulu - 7 nights at The Modern Honolulu in Standard Hotel Room
Maui - 5 nights at Royal Lahaina Resort in Standard Hotel Room
Las Vegas & Mexican Riviera Cruise - 4 nights at Polo Towers Suites in 1 Bedroom and 7 nights Mexican Riviera Cruise Ocean View Cabin
Orlando & City Urban Hopper - 4 nights at Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club and your choice of 4 nights at Chicago, New York, Nashville, Miami, or Washington DC
Las Vegas and City Urban Hopper - 4 nights at Polo Tower Suites and 4 nights in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, or Vancouver
Orlando & Costa Rica - 3 nights at Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club in 1 bedroom and 6 nights in Costa Rica in Standard Hotel Room
15,000 points are accommodations, airfare, 10-20% off rental car and can include a cruise or stays at 2 places

Orlando to Ireland, Germany, Italy, or Greece - 5 nights at Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club - 1 bedroom and 7 nights in Dublin, Berlin, Rome, or Athens in Standard Hotel Room
Orlando to the Caribbean - 4 nights at Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club in 1 bedroom and 7 nights in St. Croix, Aruba, or Turks & Caicos in Standard Hotel Room (not sure if it is a tour or not, but it talks about the different cities you will see)
Hawaiian Trifecta Honolulu, Maui, Kona - 4 nights at Modern, 3 nights in Maui, 4 nights in Kona standard hotel rooms
Las Vegas to Costa Rica - 4 nights at Polo Tower Suites in 1 bedroom and 8 nights in Costa Rica at Standard Hotel Room
Orlando to Rio de Janeiro - 4 nights at Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club in 1 bedroom and 7 nights in Rio de Janeiro in Standard Hotel Room
Honolulu & Hawaiian Cruise - 3 nights at The Modern Honolulu in Standard Hotel Room, and 7 nights Hawaiian Cruise inside cabin
Las Vegas and Alaskan Cruise - 4 nights at Polo Towers Suites in 1 bedroom and 7 night Alaskan Cruise in Ocean View Cabin

25,000 points are accommodations, airfare, 10-20% off rental car and can include a cruise or stays at 2 places

Honolulu to Australia - 5 nights at The Modern Honolulu and 7 nights in Sydney in standard hotel rooms
Orlando to Denmark & Scandinavian Cruise - 4 nights at Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club in1 bedroom, 2 nights in Copenhagen in Standard Hotel Room, 9 nights Scandinavian/Russian Cruise in Balcony Cabin
Las Vegas Peru - 4 nights at Polo Towers Suites in 1 bedroom, 2 nights in Lima Peru, and 6 nights Machu Picchu tour - standard hotel rooms for the last 2
Las Vegas to Tahiti - 4 nights at Polo Towers Suites in 1 bedroom and 6 nights in Tahiti in Standard Hotel Room
Las Vegas & Vancouver to Calgary, via rail - 4 nights at Polo Towers Suites in 1 bedroom and 5 nights Rocky Mountaineer Journey in Railway Car and Standard Hotel Room

You have one year to use them. They tell you that it is a much better value to use the trip within the 1 year you have, otherwise, they convert to points that have to be used the following year. It is better value to use the trip than to use the points for accommodations. Each trip has retain value up to a certain dollar value. The most expensive are dollar value up to $8,500. Lowest dollar values are around $1,000.

mattie2go

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI
Hi All,
New here and also to timeshare. Bought Develop. Points!! (In hind sight--- AM SUCH AN IDIOT-- should've did more research!!!) I am also wondering about this. I think it is called a "Dream Vacation". I got last February. Didn't have time to use it last year. Do I have to travel before Feb or do I have to book it by Feb?

applepie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi All,
New here and also to timeshare. Bought Develop. Points!! (In hind sight--- AM SUCH AN IDIOT-- should've did more research!!!) I am also wondering about this. I think it is called a "Dream Vacation". I got last February. Didn't have time to use it last year. Do I have to travel before Feb or do I have to book it by Feb?
You have to travel by your February date. If you bought it February 15th, then you need to complete travel by then. How many points did you buy? What vacation are you thinking about going with?

mattie2go

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI
You have to travel by your February date. If you bought it February 15th, then you need to complete travel by then. How many points did you buy? What vacation are you thinking about going with?

The 25,000pts. I don't have vacation until Nov. I'll call them and see if I can go in Nov. If I can't, You said they convert to points right?, Might have to take a points. I was thinking of the one that we stay in a resort in Florida and then leave for a cruise, forgot to where.

I live in TX, so maybe points would be better so I can take more weekend trips (I usually have fri-sun off)

applepie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you can't use the dream vacation, then they will allow you to use your points the next calendar year. They likely expire 12/31/2020. Your contract will say that.

mattie2go

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI
Thanks, I'll take a look at my contract later.