TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Should I attend the owner's meeting?

Discussion in 'Hyatt Residence Club' started by PhillyD45, Aug 11, 2019.

1. PhillyD45

PhillyD45 TUG Member

I think there is a general meeting one day and than maybe a private one scheduled for a specific time, with a $100 hyatt voucher for an hours worth of time. I'm not sure. It wasn't clear.
    Either way, do you guys suggest I go? Do you guys attend these while on holiday? I'm at Windward Pointe.

2. Remy

Remy TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
    I would go to these in the past. Partially for the gift, partially for the sport and info. Now I just look at the trade off. I have $100, what I don’t have is unlimited vacation time. So I tend to say no more often these days unless the value proposition is $250+.

3. PerryKing

PerryKing TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico. Mexico: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club and Mayan Palace.
    I would and do always go to the OWNERS MEETING at all clubs. I find them interesting and informative. Also is chance to meet the Resort Manager directly. As for the "owners update" (Sales presentation,) probably NOT unless you want to buy into the Hyatt Portfolio Program, they only thing they are now selling. And if you do go it will be more that 1 Hour and worth much more than $100.00 for your incentive offer.

4. jjking42

jjking42 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Westin Kierland, Wyndham Flagstaff
    I never go my vacation time is more valuable and I usually know more about timeshares than the rep thanks to TUG. So I guess yes you should go and then report back on Tug so I can continue not going. PS Don't buy anything.

alameda94501 likes this.
  5. Sapper

Sapper Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

The general owners meeting will be about the property, if you own there or want to own there, it might be interesting to you.

The private one they scheduled and offered $100 for your hour (will be closer to an hour and a half) is a sales presentation. In Key West you have to drive over to their sales center, it will not be on the Windward Pointe property. Then they will attempt in the friendliest way (Hyatt sales presentations have historically been low pressure sales tactics) to get you to buy into the HPP (Hyatt Portfolio/Points Program). When I was there two weeks ago, they were discussing a new program coming on line they called “Beyond”. It’s basically a new way to get you to buy in to the HPP so that you can use these points with the Marriott Explorer Collection (hotels and cruises). At the time they discussed this “Beyond” program with me they had nothing on paper they could show me, and nothing showing how many points it would take to do something in this Explorer Collection. If you do decide to attend, I (and probably others) would appreciate it if you could report back to everyone if they have any more info re this “Beyond “ program, or if they are even discussing it now (ie, was it just something the sales guy made up to try to get me to buy into the HPP). Also, if you do decide to go, don’t buy anything. :)

alameda94501 likes this.
  6. Kal

Kal TUG Member

If you attend the HPP Sales Pitch session (and get $100) please let us know about the current pricing. At the beginning it was $20 per point but recently Hyatt has offered about $16 per point. Would like to see how that pricing is trending now.