• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Should I attend the owner's meeting?

PhillyD45

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think there is a general meeting one day and than maybe a private one scheduled for a specific time, with a $100 hyatt voucher for an hours worth of time. I'm not sure. It wasn't clear.
Either way, do you guys suggest I go? Do you guys attend these while on holiday? I'm at Windward Pointe.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
I would go to these in the past. Partially for the gift, partially for the sport and info. Now I just look at the trade off. I have $100, what I don’t have is unlimited vacation time. So I tend to say no more often these days unless the value proposition is $250+.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
I think there is a general meeting one day and than maybe a private one scheduled for a specific time, with a $100 hyatt voucher for an hours worth of time. I'm not sure. It wasn't clear.
Either way, do you guys suggest I go? Do you guys attend these while on holiday? I'm at Windward Pointe.
I would and do always go to the OWNERS MEETING at all clubs. I find them interesting and informative. Also is chance to meet the Resort Manager directly. As for the "owners update" (Sales presentation,) probably NOT unless you want to buy into the Hyatt Portfolio Program, they only thing they are now selling. And if you do go it will be more that 1 Hour and worth much more than $100.00 for your incentive offer.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
I never go my vacation time is more valuable and I usually know more about timeshares than the rep thanks to TUG. So I guess yes you should go and then report back on Tug so I can continue not going. PS Don't buy anything.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

The general owners meeting will be about the property, if you own there or want to own there, it might be interesting to you.

The private one they scheduled and offered $100 for your hour (will be closer to an hour and a half) is a sales presentation. In Key West you have to drive over to their sales center, it will not be on the Windward Pointe property. Then they will attempt in the friendliest way (Hyatt sales presentations have historically been low pressure sales tactics) to get you to buy into the HPP (Hyatt Portfolio/Points Program). When I was there two weeks ago, they were discussing a new program coming on line they called “Beyond”. It’s basically a new way to get you to buy in to the HPP so that you can use these points with the Marriott Explorer Collection (hotels and cruises). At the time they discussed this “Beyond” program with me they had nothing on paper they could show me, and nothing showing how many points it would take to do something in this Explorer Collection. If you do decide to attend, I (and probably others) would appreciate it if you could report back to everyone if they have any more info re this “Beyond “ program, or if they are even discussing it now (ie, was it just something the sales guy made up to try to get me to buy into the HPP). Also, if you do decide to go, don’t buy anything. :)

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you attend the HPP Sales Pitch session (and get $100) please let us know about the current pricing. At the beginning it was $20 per point but recently Hyatt has offered about $16 per point. Would like to see how that pricing is trending now.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Hyatt just called me and offered me a $150 if I go to their one hour presentation. I told them, I would only go if they gave me $250? They are now checking to see if they can do that...LOL

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hyatt just called me and offered me a $150 if I go to their one hour presentation. I told them, I would only go if they gave me $250? They are now checking to see if they can do that...LOL

Wow. What property?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow. What property?

Sapper, we are heading to Hyatt Coconut Plantation on Saturday and they said it would only be an hour meeting, I know it will be longer but if I go I will hold them to the hour meeting. Hopefully she can get me the $250 I asked for, if not I'm not sure a $150 is worth my trouble and time....I need this vacation so badly. Plus, once all of our friends and relatives heard that we were coming down, almost every day is booked.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sapper, we are heading to Hyatt Coconut Plantation on Saturday and they said it would only be an hour meeting, I know it will be longer but if I go I will hold them to the hour meeting. Hopefully she can get me the $250 I asked for, if not I'm not sure a $150 is worth my trouble and time....I need this vacation so badly. Plus, once all of our friends and relatives heard that we were coming down, almost every day is booked.

Please let us know if they cave on the $250. If not, no big loss.

We are heading to Hawaii in a couple of months, and with the costs to get there and limited time in paradise, not a chance we are burning an hour for $150 if offered.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Please let us know if they cave on the $250. If not, no big loss.

We are heading to Hawaii in a couple of months, and with the costs to get there and limited time in paradise, not a chance we are burning an hour for $150 if offered.

I will for sure let you know. I have limited vacation as I’m not yet retired and $150 is not enough of an enticement for me to sit thru a hour plus meeting to tell them I’m not interested

smarcum

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just went to the hour long one at Hyatt Pinion and yes it was more like 2 hours for $150. Saw someone in the hot tub last night that said they had bought another week and i tried to tell them that I buy only from the secondary market--made me sick to see the pricing they were offering today and know that those people probably paid that much. I have the old legacy system and they are sure trying to get us to convert to the portfolio system, but we like what we have and especially considering we bought it from people on TUG.

smarcum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh and here are a few quick pictures i took of the initial offerings--we never tried to wheel or deal because we would never buy from anyone but TUG but thought it might be interesting to see the prices that some people must pay--as I said before the people I met in the hot tub--it made me sick to think of what they paid:(

Attachments

• IMG_1287.JPG
    IMG_1287.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1288.JPG
    IMG_1288.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1289.JPG
    IMG_1289.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 68

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow that is sickening. I bought my Hyatt Beach House for $4K for week 15 that gives me 2,200 points per year on the resale market

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just got the call from Hyatt and they were not able to get the $250. They told me but their is still good news they are saving a slot on Tuesday for me me because they know that I will still want to come for the $150. I told them no need because I will not be attending.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got the call from Hyatt and they were not able to get the $250. They told me but their is still good news they are saving a slot on Tuesday for me me because they know that I will still want to come for the $150. I told them no need because I will not be attending.

Thanks for letting us know.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Oh and here are a few quick pictures i took of the initial offerings--we never tried to wheel or deal because we would never buy from anyone but TUG but thought it might be interesting to see the prices that some people must pay--as I said before the people I met in the hot tub--it made me sick to think of what they paid:(

e4236b7f9b11c646b45f6215014974e5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for letting us know.
Just checked into our room and because it’s after 11:00pm. Security had to check me in. They handed me a bag and said the sales team has reserved a slot for you on Tuesday morning.
Even though I said no, they gave me a bag with water in it. So I’m keeping it.

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor

Same here - we'll be there the week of 4/4 and no way are we wasting our time.