• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shipping Ski Clothes, Etc. to Vail, CO

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter and her family are going to Vail, CO in February to ski. They would like to ship some of their stuff so that they wouldn't have to carry it all on the plane. The place they are staying is not a timeshare and will not allow them to ship things there ahead of time. Any recommendations?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ugh...I hate packing for ski vacations. Ski gear - normally bulky. She should invest in a couple of those vacuum bags to suck all the air out of them and shrink down for packing.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, for the joys of Japanese takuhaibin. I discovered it on a ski trip to Japan and wonder why it isn't more universal. It's a great, low cost shipping service that works for all kinds of packages and parcels and was made so prevalent in Japan by the fact that there is very little luggage storage on the shinkansen.

I have no knowledge of this service, but at least it exists. https://www.sendmybag.com/ship-skis It's unlikely to be as low cost as the Japanese version, but it will lighten their load.

I wear as much bulky stuff on the plane as possible. As well, I've learned from experience that I need no regular clothes on a ski trip. Whatever I wear on the plane is my outfit for the whole week. The very casual approach to ski towns means that my jeans and ski jacket will take me anywhere I want to go.