• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Vistana Village

SuperNova

TUG Member
Reaction score
do you guys think it is a good idea 2 deeds for $1100 each plus closing fees, annual, 2 bdrms each, platinum, combined fees of about $2600, Sheraton Vistana Village (Bella) giving 162,000 staroptions every year? We would basically get them for the staroptions to get access to the VSN but because we have kids (still small 4 and 6) soon we will be obliged to travel mainly in the busy seasons.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
The SVV Bella units are popular here for the same reasons as you are seeking them out: they are cheap and have transferable StarOptions.

Make sure you review the estoppel ("Resale Information Sheet") to make sure you are getting what you think you are getting before putting up your money.

SuperNova

TUG Member
Reaction score
my concern is that it is hard to use the staroptions for other resorts since, for the best weeks of the year you are competing with the owners that have 4 months before you to reserve (12 months in advance vs 8 months for staroptions). Do you happen to know anything about that?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It all depends on which resort and which weeks you are concerned about. For places and time of the year that I want to go to, I don't have an issue. For instance, I don't plan to visit Hawaii in the summer as it is too hot and too crowded for me. I enjoy cooler weather. But still, if you jump on it exactly at 8 months out, you are likely to stand a good chance getting what you want. If you are thinking of Christmas and New Year's week in Hawaii, those were sold as Event weeks and it is going to be difficult to see them in VSN.

To your first post, you do have a reasonable deal. If it is indeed prime season, then it is a good buy.

SuperNova

TUG Member
Reaction score
we would like to go mainly to Westin Lagunamar in Cancun. Have you booked there December-March?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
we would like to go mainly to Westin Lagunamar in Cancun. Have you booked there December-March?

Westin Lagunamar is our favorite Vistana resort. We love it more so than any other Vistana resorts that we have visited. You won't have problem booking it between Dec to Mar as long as it is not Christmas and New Year's weeks. ... and Yes, I have booked a week during Spring break in March there through the Vistana network. They are not hard to book as long as you do it exactly at 8 months out.

SuperNova

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes, it is indeed
It all depends on which resort and which weeks you are concerned about. For places and time of the year that I want to go to, I don't have an issue. For instance, I don't plan to visit Hawaii in the summer as it is too hot and too crowded for me. I enjoy cooler weather. But still, if you jump on it exactly at 8 months out, you are likely to stand a good chance getting what you want. If you are thinking of Christmas and New Year's week in Hawaii, those were sold as Event weeks and it is going to be difficult to see them in VSN.

To your first post, you do have a reasonable deal. If it is indeed prime season, then it is a good buy.

It is indeed prime season