• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Vistana Resort (SVR) and Exchanging

SabresFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm considering buying a resale week that floats in the more desirable times of the year. (5-35,40-47 & 50-52). It includes usage for 2019, but I probably won't be able to take another vacation this year. I'm not really interested in renting out - don't want the hassle.

So what kind of options would I have with II or RCI in terms of depositing it for a future exchange? I assume it won't close for 6-8 weeks, so maybe I'd have it in hand by the end of July or early August.

Does SVR participate in both II and RCI? And if both, any thoughts on what kind of return I could get from such an exchange? We'd be happy to use it in summer 2020 in Orlando area if that seems attainable - don't need to necessarily turn it into the superest exchange ever.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Following. In a similar situation.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I'm considering buying a resale week that floats in the more desirable times of the year. (5-35,40-47 & 50-52). It includes usage for 2019, but I probably won't be able to take another vacation this year. I'm not really interested in renting out - don't want the hassle.

So what kind of options would I have with II or RCI in terms of depositing it for a future exchange? I assume it won't close for 6-8 weeks, so maybe I'd have it in hand by the end of July or early August.

Does SVR participate in both II and RCI? And if both, any thoughts on what kind of return I could get from such an exchange? We'd be happy to use it in summer 2020 in Orlando area if that seems attainable - don't need to necessarily turn it into the superest exchange ever.

Yes SVR does participate in both II and RCI. At least my unit in Spas section was originally in RCI points. (I don't particularly recommend RCI points, as we didn't get a good exchange valuation: newer RCI resorts got higher # of points, while ours remained the same). I think II would be better as they give Vistana owners preference for seeing other Vistana resorts in II before other non-Vistana exchangers. However that could change in a couple of years with Marriott integration.

My unit is not high season, so I don't think it pulls the high demand units. I see Marriotts in off peak times, such as week after Thanksgiving to early-mid December. I don't trade in II regularly as my Spas unit has star options.