• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Purchase

brewertp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just purchased Sheraton Broadway Plantation e-bay.
One bedroom deeded EOY week 28 (float 9-43) for $1300.
Is this a decent deal?
I understand as a resale that I can not be part of the
Sheraton vacation system.
If I join RCI or II, can I trade week 28 or do I have
to contact Sheraton and they will keep that week
and give me another from their inventory of a lesser
trading power?

djp

TUG Member
Reaction score
that is a good deal.......i imagine developer price for that would come close to $8,000-$10,000 for that.
I would not worry too much about starwood putting in a lesser trader. Firstly, A summer BP week would be a mid range starwood trader.....,secondly in my experience a mid range starwood trader will pull most anything in II, thirdly if they put in a low season trader you can ask them to put something in there of comparable power to what you own.

Courts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this a decent deal?
trading power?
I think you have a very good deal.

I believe you need to contact Sheraton before you bank, at least that is what happened to me.

I'm not sure about how they manage the "banking", but only know what others have said here.

myip

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this a decent deal?
trading power?
If you banked the week, Starwood will choose your week. Week 28 is only for deeding purpose. You won't get that week if you banked it. You usually get spring or fall weeks if you banked it with RCI or II.

bigbillf

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would make sure that Starwood deposits a week with II that is in the same II season as the one you own in. At BP, week 28 is in II's red season 9-43, 47.

myip

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would make sure that Starwood deposits a week with II that is in the same II season as the one you own in. At BP, week 28 is in II's red season 9-43, 47.
The problem with the float, it has a big long season. You can get week 9 as your deposit. It is very weak in trading.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you purchased this week without seeing the resort/unit?
Also, are the m/fees low?

Sound like a good deal.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
I own a 1Br that I got off of Ebay about 4 years ago. You got a fair price on yours. You'll enjoy your trade power as long as you negotiate with Starwood every year as to what they are going to deposit for you. It most probably won't be a week 28. They will almost always try to pawn a Jan-Mar or Nov/Dec week off on you to deposit. Be pleasant but firm with them. I always explain that this is a Myrtle Beach resort and people don't want to go to the beach in the winter. I just deposited my 08 week a few days ago and managed to squeeze a May week out of them. Two years ago I got a Jul 4th week by just pestering them weekly until they gave in. They always want you to pay you mf before they will deposit a week in II for you and I just refused to pay until I was promised a decent week. The week was available in my II account with 15 minutes of paying my mf.

brewertp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you purchased this week without seeing the resort/unit?
Also, are the m/fees low?

Sound like a good deal.
I have not been to this resort. I checked the TUG reviews and they
were very positive. I did call the resort to check on which one bedroom
it was since they had 3 types. I used the advice to buy something that you
would use. My wife and I would use the timeshare if not traded.
MF are $176 per year or $350 per use year.

Thanks to all TUGers for responces.

Vacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Myrtle Beach

We just returned from a trip to Myrtle Beach/Orlando in June 07. While we didn't stay at the Sheraton BP, we did take the tour of the BP. The units were very nice and the BP also has a nice pool that looked very inviting. As one of our fun activities, we went to the Carolina Opry right down the street and enjoyed their variety musical production ... very professionally done and top notch. My wife and I both felt that the show was much better than any of the Branson, MO shows we attended.

I have a friend who owns two weeks at the BP (they are vacationing there right now, as a matter of fact.) Over the past several years, they have traded and gone to Hawaii (Ka'anapali) and to the Bahamas (Harborside at Atlantas). While I don't own SVN, I'm convinced of the BPs trading power (i.e., within II) and where you can go with the Staroptions within the SVN system. I too am looking to buy into the SVN network through a resale. I agree with the threads that I'd buy into a mandatory resort.

I think you bought a winner and should enjoy your place for years to come. :)