• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Mountain Vista

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's a case of dumping. It's a great resort in a great location. I have stayed there on an exchange and would do so again. If you join TUG, you can access and read the comprehensive resort reviews (link to the database is at the top of this page).

However, the bigger the resort is, the more units that will be offered on the resale market. That's because owners change vacation preferences, have family changes, financial changes and other life changes that make them decide that a particular timeshare resort (or timesharing in general) no longer fits best for them.

By comparison: There are only seven resales at this resort listed on Redweek. Marriott's Grande Ocean, generally rated as the #1 timeshare on Hilton Head (of about 25 timeshare resorts there), has 22 resales listed. Is there dumping going on? No. GO is a big resort!

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Your old BBS login info will still get you into the BBS. However, when you join, you might consider changing the TUG Member password you receive to be the same as your BBS password. Makes it easier to remember. :)

Also, see this link for how to change your "Guest" status in your BBS posts to "TUG Member".

Fredm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey, one more thing. Does anyone know if these units were sold with SVO memberships? Was it tradeable in SVN for the original owners? Just wondering.

Original owners were SVN members, and were able to trade using StarOptions. As a Voluntary resort, membership does not transfer at resale. Hence, no StarOptions.

Fredm

Catazog

TUG Member
Reaction score
SMV is a very nice resort in a great location for either winter or summer vacations. We own a summer week there (we don't ski) and go to the Vail Music Festival and hike in the area every summer. The villas are in good shape and the bigger 1BR is quite comfortable.The only downside is it doesn't have air conditioning, and it gets quite hot in Avon in the summer. We were there over the 4th of July week and the highs were in he upper 80s and near 90 a couple of days. The bedroom ceiling fan and a box fan helped, as well as the fact that it cools down quite a bit at night.

As stated in an earlier post we are SVN members and can exchange within the Starwood network. In fact, we own an EOY summer week, and on the off years we exchanged the studio side of our Maui condo for a week in Avon. We have enough Options left over for three nights in Palm Springs this December.

This reminds me I haven't done the SMV trip report that I intended to do yet.