TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Sheraton Kauai reservations now available using StarOptions

Discussion in 'Vistana Signature Experiences (formerly Starwood)' started by okwiater, Nov 5, 2018.

1. okwiater

okwiater TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
    WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
    WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
    SMV 2B Plat+
    Sheraton Flex (x2)
    I just noticed on the Villa Finder that Sheraton Kauai is available to book starting March 1, 2019 using StarOptions.

The units look nice but are really small. The “2-bedroom lockoff” only sleeps 4 adults. There is a dedicated 2-bedroom which sleeps 6 and is about 800 sq ft though.

2. linsj

linsj TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC
    Years ago, I stayed in the building that was converted to timeshares. The bathroom was the smallest I've ever been in.

3. TravelTime

TravelTime TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    MVC, DVC, WKOVRN, FSA, MKO
    I recently spoke to a CSR at Vistana about these units. He said they were converting some hotel rooms to timeshares. He said they will all have a garden view, no ocean view. The 2 bedrooms might be okay but the 1 bedrooms look very small. It is a good alternative to having to book a full 2 bedroom through Marriott when wanting to stay at Poipu though. More choice is good.

4. Seaport104

Seaport104 TUG Member

I just called Sheraton Kauai resort this morning and they confirmed the timeshare units are across the street from the main resort area so unfortunately, no ocean views possible. There is a pool in the timeshare section. I was super excited to see the resort in the villa finder but beachfront location is a must for me on vacation so I'll stick with my reservation at Marriott Kauai Beach even though the Sheraton has cooktops.

5. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

alwysonvac, Seaport104 and TravelTime like this.
  6. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    It looks like the 1BR units are perhaps end units, perhaps previously suites as they appear to have a separate area for the bed. The 2BR LO is just that with an additional hotel size unit adjacent to that unit. A dedicated 2BR is perhaps the same but maybe at the other end of the building? Perhaps then the studios are just all of the units between those end units?

In the end, the size of the unit really doesn't bother us. A king size bed is great, which these have and the W/D is a big plus. A reason why I like Vistana studio units over Marriott's. Marriott's Kauai Beach Club doesn't have that. If we were going back to Kauai, we would probably pick the Sheraton over Marriott's Kauai Beach Club for these reasons. View isn't high on our list.

7. WalnutBaron

WalnutBaron TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Welk
    DW and I stayed in the Garden Wing on a promotional trip from Westin many years ago. I haven't seen the upgrades made recently, but my guess is that the sales weasels are going to have a very tough time selling garden view units that are converted hotel rooms at an older Sheraton property. That said, the beach access is excellent and we had a pleasant stay when we were there.

8. dioxide45

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    They won't have to sell that at all. They will be selling pure points in Sheraton Flex. They can sell access to Hawaii in Orlando!

WalnutBaron likes this.
  9. blondietink

blondietink Guest

Wow, I can't believe the 2 bedroom lock off only sleeps 4 people, plus there is only room to sit and eat for 2 people. It would have to be the regular 2 bedroom for us or nothing. They are very small indeed.

10. bizaro86

bizaro86 TUG Member

I would guess the 2 bedroom lockouts and 2 bedroom dedicated units are both 2.5 hotel rooms, with the half being split between the two as a bedroom for each.

11. dsmrp

dsmrp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club
    It's still nice to have a southern/Poipu option to use with star options :)
    I could imagine spending 3-4 days at Princeville, and then another 3-4 days in Poipu.
    Far less driving to get to Barking Sands and Waimea Canyon.

TravelTime likes this.
  12. dioxide45

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    Looking at it again, I think you are right. In the LO, the extra bedroom has the patio so it is at the front of the building and the dedicated has no patio, nor a window for that matter as it is at the back and adjacent to what would be the exterior hallway. One odd thing about the 2BR dedicated units is what I would conceive to be the master beth, it appears that it is a shared bath with the living area.

13. okwiater

okwiater TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
    WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
    WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
    SMV 2B Plat+
    Sheraton Flex (x2)
    Thus far, it does not appear to be part of Sheraton Flex.

14. dioxide45

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    I don't think we have confirmation one way or the other. Have they even started onsite sales? Until the units are actually completed and ready for occupancy, they can't even be added to the Flex Trust.

15. mjm1

mjm1 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Desert Springs Villas I, Ko Olina (EOY), Maui Ocean Club- Lahaina Villas, Destination Club Points;
    Westin Kierland Villas- Annual & EOY
    I agree with you. I can see splitting time between the Westin Princeville and here. Having access to both is a nice option. OV rooms are very limited at Princeville, so I am not too bothered by being limited to garden view units at Poipu. The beach at this property is very nice.

Does anyone know if the timeshare units have access to the beach front pool?

Best regards.

Mike

16. controller1

controller1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin KORVN OF
    Westin Nanea OF
    Westin FLEX
    Yes, the timeshare units have access to the beach-front pool.

From the Vistana website for the property:
    RESORT POOLS
    Open Daily: 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
    Sheraton Kaua‘i Resort’s dual-level Ocean Pool and whirlpool are located just steps away from Po‘ipū Beach. The resort provides sun-loungers along the pool deck with food and beverage service from Lava's on Po‘ipū Beach while eight private bungalows line the Ocean Pool and are fully equipped with chaise lounges, flat-screen TVs and ceiling fans for all-day fun. Snorkel rentals, boogie boards, and more are available poolside throughout the day at the Beach Activities Desk.

The Garden Pool is currently unavailable due to redevelopment of the Garden Wing. Slated to reopen in January 2019.

mjm1 likes this.
  17. controller1

controller1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin KORVN OF
    Westin Nanea OF
    Westin FLEX
    Here is the resort map.

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 11.42.39 PM.png

18. applekor

applekor TUG Member

Can anyone tell if the 2nd bedroom in the bigger(dedicated)2 bedroom has a king bed?.. It states in the lockoff but not the dedicated 2 bedroom.

19. controller1

controller1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin KORVN OF
    Westin Nanea OF
    Westin FLEX
    Don't know but a free phone call would probably answer your question. (808) 742-1661

20. dioxide45

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    Looking at the floor plans on Vistana.com, both bedrooms appear to have kings. The description indicates the master has a king.