• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Broadway Plantation Trade Power in Interval dropped??

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have owned a 2BR LO at SBP for about 8 years. It has consistently gotten me great trades - up until this year... I usually lock out each side and have traded for 2 BR Xmas /New Years at Marriott Palm Desert, Royal Caribbean New Years, Royal Islander New Years, Grand Mayan 2 BR New Years, 2 BR Point at Poipu summer week, 2 BR WKV and 2 BR Westin Mission Hills March weeks (back when Starwood used to deposit those weeks into interval), etc. basically great exchanges.

I deposited my weeks for 2018 into interval, and they won't pull a 2 BR Marriott Xmas week in Palm Desert that I know is there because I can see it with a different ownership. Has anyone else noticed that the 2018 Sheraton Broadway Plantation weeks' trading power has seemed to plummet? I'm thinking I will have to deposit the week into RCI to get Worldmark Points and no longer use Interval based on the lack of trade power I am seeing... Very unfortunate.

Has anyone ever contacted Vistana/Starwood or Interval about sudden decreases in trading power for a Vistana week in II?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I deposited my small side 1 BR SBP into interval, mainly because despite trying most summer weeks at midnight was unable to reserve a summer week. I compared the 2018 gold plus to the 2016 gold plus I had already traded out but still had e plus and the 2016 deposit rode circles around what I could see with the 2018 week. I mentioned that last August and at that time I don't think anyone saw the dismal exchange power that I did. At the time I also compared the 2016 week with the 2017 place holder- which was used outside of Interval and the 2017 wasn't much better than the 2018 deposit but definitely worse than the 2016 one. Its annoying since in 2016, not only could the 1 br sbp pull good 2-3 bedroom units, at that time there was no upgrade fee, so for about $404 in MF's I could see 95% of the interval inventory that wasn't in some sort of priority for other timeshare owners. I do hope even if 2018 does not improve, that 2019 will have more power.

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's strange that it would vary so much from one year to the next. I had the same situation - where my older SBP that had echange available could see units that my 2018 SBP could not see. I'm wondering if there is a glitch at interval... But I don't know what would make them change the situation...

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
FWIW, I’ve noticed a similar issue, though not quite as bad, with my SDO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
FWIW, I’ve noticed a similar issue, though not quite as bad, with my SDO.

Do you see it equally with both sides? I only a dedicated 2 br and trading doesn't seem to be affected all that much. I do own the small side -limited kitchen although when it was refurbed a few years back it now has a small but full kitchen even though neither RCI or II will acknowledge that. I was wondering if the big hit was on the small side which at one point exchanged virtually identically to the premium side and now II is treating it in terms of trading power (but not upgrade fee) more like a studio.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Do you see it equally with both sides?

I don’t track my results for these units well. I just have a general impression that results have been poorer in the last year than previously. However, that’s strictly for instant exchanges...I do match for on going requests at nice resorts.

I don’t think there’s much difference, if any, of the exchange power of the two sides of SDO.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have owned a 2BR LO at SBP for about 8 years. It has consistently gotten me great trades - up until this year... I usually lock out each side and have traded for 2 BR Xmas /New Years at Marriott Palm Desert, Royal Caribbean New Years, Royal Islander New Years, Grand Mayan 2 BR New Years, 2 BR Point at Poipu summer week, 2 BR WKV and 2 BR Westin Mission Hills March weeks (back when Starwood used to deposit those weeks into interval), etc. basically great exchanges.

I deposited my weeks for 2018 into interval, and they won't pull a 2 BR Marriott Xmas week in Palm Desert that I know is there because I can see it with a different ownership. Has anyone else noticed that the 2018 Sheraton Broadway Plantation weeks' trading power has seemed to plummet? I'm thinking I will have to deposit the week into RCI to get Worldmark Points and no longer use Interval based on the lack of trade power I am seeing... Very unfortunate.

Has anyone ever contacted Vistana/Starwood or Interval about sudden decreases in trading power for a Vistana week in II?
Is the other ownership you can see the XMas week with a Marriott? Perhaps that deposit is still in Marriott preference, thus locking your Vistana week out right now.

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the other ownership you can see the XMas week with a Marriott? Perhaps that deposit is still in Marriott preference, thus locking your Vistana week out right now.
No - I could see a 2 BR Xmas DSV II week with my 2017 1BR Sheraton Broadway Plantation eplus exchange week, but not with my 2018 1 BR SBP week. It was very strange.

midwest6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ive put in the same request for Key West every January for 8 yrs, this year was the first time I haven't gotten it. Now its requested for 2019, still waiting...with 2 bedroom Broadway.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Apologies for reawakening this old thread. Is purchasing a SBP 2BR LO gold plus with the intent to use it as an II trader potentially a good move? It seems like consensus on TUG is that it is a good trader, but I am not quite sure what to conclude from the discussion in this thread.

I am weighing if this might be a better value (budget saver to me) vs buying Hyatt Residences Club. If it could trade in every once in a while for a good week at one of the Hyatt Key west properties, have a Vistana preference, and get me discounted II exchange fees for Marriott .... that seems pretty good.

Thanks to anyone that may have good advice or alternative suggestions.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I like the units for trading. I don't think they trade quite as well as my Sheraton Desert Oasis, however. We go to Orlando a lot, which is an easy trade, and the SBP works extremely well for trading into those resorts. I have a Marriott's Willow Ridge Platinum week that gets me some great exchanges, quite a bit better trading power than SBP, and I lock it off as well. The fees are higher, of course. I love my Marriott trading power. I like that I can compare the two.

Willow Ridge is in Branson and in an overbuilt area, so the trading power is probably not as good as some of the others, but I am pleased with my platinum and even my gold EOY week. I pay $90 to lock them off into two units. I do that 13 months out and have two units. The studios are awesome traders.

I am not trying to talk you out of SBP, however. I have advised Rick's firefighter friends to get SBP lockoffs free. That is always my best advice. SDO, same thing, but SBP is actually rentable for slightly over MF's.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Apologies for reawakening this old thread. Is purchasing a SBP 2BR LO gold plus with the intent to use it as an II trader potentially a good move? It seems like consensus on TUG is that it is a good trader, but I am not quite sure what to conclude from the discussion in this thread.

I am weighing if this might be a better value (budget saver to me) vs buying Hyatt Residences Club. If it could trade in every once in a while for a good week at one of the Hyatt Key west properties, have a Vistana preference, and get me discounted II exchange fees for Marriott .... that seems pretty good.

Thanks to anyone that may have good advice or alternative suggestions.

I’m sure it’s good, though we still don’t know the extent of any changes which may be made due to the recent merger.

Also, given the challenges of this year, you may find inexpensive (or even free) weeks as we get closer to end of year when MF are due. Given the choices, and since you want a week for trading, I would focus on the cheapest MF weeks in Vistana (I don’t believe that would be SBP).

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
There are a couple free SBP 2 BRs listed on TSN right now. One is an EOYO non-lockoff; the other I'm not sure about. Weeks 9-43 and 47 are listed so they're likely not palmetto. There's also a platinum SVV Key West 2 BR listed, including free use of this years week/SOs - I asked them for that one already, though. I'd have to agree that there will be a lot of inexpensive/free weeks to pick up this year; it's already starting.