• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Broadway Plantation/MB Information

Jeni

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just exchanged into the week we wanted for this resort :whoopie:
I've not been to Myrtle Beach since I was a kid, so I'm looking forward to a visit. Two questions-

What's not to be missed for families with a pre-schooler (our son will be 4), including good places to eat, etc.?

I traded into SBX, not SBP- what does this mean?

Thanks!

Jeni

malyons

TUG Member
Reaction score
just wanted to say that we'll be travelling there in May w/ an almost 3 yr old so am looking forward to the suggestions here! we went to MB a year or so ago and although our daughter was pretty young at the time she loved the Ripley's aquarium. we did however feel it was very overpriced for what it was at something like $20 per person when it only takes an hr and a half to go through. Not sure if you noticed but there is a great pool at this resort w/ a pirate ship with waterslides for small children. Starwood doesn't do a great job of promoting this feature but if you search this site and tripadvisor you'll find links to great photos of it. I'm betting that pool will be enough to keep our daughter entertained for the week!

Jeni

TUG Member
Reaction score
just wanted to say that we'll be travelling there in May w/ an almost 3 yr old so am looking forward to the suggestions here! we went to MB a year or so ago and although our daughter was pretty young at the time she loved the Ripley's aquarium. we did however feel it was very overpriced for what it was at something like $20 per person when it only takes an hr and a half to go through. Not sure if you noticed but there is a great pool at this resort w/ a pirate ship with waterslides for small children. Starwood doesn't do a great job of promoting this feature but if you search this site and tripadvisor you'll find links to great photos of it. I'm betting that pool will be enough to keep our daughter entertained for the week!

The pool was a deciding factor for us! My son loves pools and pirates, so we'll be lucky to pry him away. Friends told us MB is now like Gatlinburg, but at the beach. Our son also loved the Ripley's Aquarium there, so we will try this one too. I'm not familiar with Magic Quest, but I see there is a big one nearby.

Can't wait to hear what folks have to share about this resort and the area!

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sheraton Broadway Plantation is SBP not SBX. Are you sure of what resort you are going to? I never heard of SBX. We own at SBP and I can help you with any questions you might have if, in fact, you are going to SBP.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
I traded into SBX, not SBP- what does this mean?
Sheraton Broadway Plantation is SBP not SBX. Are you sure of what resort you are going to? I never heard of SBX. We own at SBP and I can help you with any questions you might have if, in fact, you are going to SBP.

OOps! Looks like I messed up the quote. Oh well, I guess you get my message.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
In looking at the Interval directory (I don't belong to RCI), the codes there for this resort are:

Sheraton Broadway Plantation
STW SXP
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they have two codes for inventory purposes -- one is for non-SVN units and the other is for SVN-units. However, they would reserve the right to put you in either phase, so they're meaningless for exchange purposes.

karentrimmer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Myrtle Beach vacation

Margaritaville in Broadway on the Beach will help keep him entertained. All you can eat seafood is great at Benjamins. House of Blues is always a favorite of mine - Not as much fun for a youngster - food is great. There is a Alligator farm that would be good for him to see at Barefoot Landing. They also have some things for him to do at the NASCAR racetrack. I love MYTL BECH we go every year

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jeni: If your staying at the Sheraton Broadway Plantation you will be practically next door to Broadway at the Beach. Take you son to Johnny Rockets at Broadway at the Beach. It is an old fashion soda fountain type restaurant that our kids loved. Hamburgers, hot dogs, sundae's, soda's, milk shakes and my favorite,......... malts. The place is lively and the waiters and waitresses sometimes dance on the tables. It's a blast!