• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shadow Ridge or Desert Springs 11

22go

Reaction score
We have an opportunity to reserve at either resort in a two bedroom in January. Which would you choose and why? I know we would be happy at either but would like some insight.
Thanks!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you travelling with young children? Desert Springs I and II are our clear favorites, and we do not travel with children. With children you may prefer Shadow Ridge.

22go

Reaction score
Are you travelling with young children? Desert Springs I and II are our clear favorites, and we do not travel with children. With children you may prefer Shadow Ridge.
We will not be traveling with children.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We will not be traveling with children.
Marriott Desert Springs would be my pick. The buildings on the outside are older but the units are spacious and fabulously updated. Alot of finer touches are added with the most recent refurbishments. Its proximity to JW Marriott is a definite advantage with access to very good restaurants.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Someone once told me about a comment made by Harry Truman. It went something along the lines of ... if the two choices are so similar that it is a 49/51 decision you think that you are making, then it really doesn't matter which choice you make. Either one is a reasonable choice; they are so close.

I slightly prefer the DSV1 and 2. But that is because I find their management to be more personable to talk with. But it is really a 51/49 sort of decision.

No matter what choice you make, you'll enjoy your stay. As far as restaurants, there are tons of them in the general area. There is another thread on Tug where posters have suggested restaurants.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone once told me about a comment made by Harry Truman. It went something along the lines of ... if the two choices are so similar that it is a 49/51 decision you think that you are making, then it really doesn't matter which choice you make. Either one is a reasonable choice; they are so close.

I slightly prefer the DSV1 and 2. But that is because I find their management to be more personable to talk with. But it is really a 51/49 sort of decision.

No matter what choice you make, you'll enjoy your stay. As far as restaurants, there are tons of them in the general area. There is another thread on Tug where posters have suggested restaurants.
Well Harry Truman was a politician, but his comments wouldn’t hold up for the British referendum on Brexit.
The results were very close to a 51 / 49 decision and it really did matter which choice was made - whichever way we voted!

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Well Harry Truman was a politician, but his comments wouldn’t hold up for the British referendum on Brexit.
The results were very close to a 51 / 49 decision and it really did matter which choice was made - whichever way we voted!

Yes I agree. These days the results of 51/49 decisions matter very much. It’s even worse when the majority loses! In Harry Truman’s times, perhaps there weren’t as many 51/49 decisions. But he is definitely right about timeshares.