• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SFX problems?

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am having some issues with SFX and wondered if anyone else had the same problem?

I have a week deposited and wanted to request an exchange. However, after I fill in the form etc. and click on "Submit" I get right back to a previous page and the request does not show up. It is possible that there is something wrong with my request causing this but there is no error message etc. so it is difficult to know for sure.

I have written an email via their contact page but have not heard back... So I was wondering whether anyone else has had that problem and how it was resolved (it it has been)?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
It’s been several months since I made an exchange request with them; it worked ok for me then. I’ve spoken with them on the phone a few times since then and would probably make the request by phone next time to be sure they understand exactly what I’m looking for. Didn’t have a problem with the last one, but got the impression that I could have gotten a better one if I knew more about how to interact with them.

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a Diamond SFX customer for many years, I can tell you that SFX's website is BUGGY.
I personally dont use it, I prefer to call them once a month or so. In my view, that's the most efficient way of finding out what they have available.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't done the online form in a while, to be honest.

It's usually easier/faster for me to call my SFX rep directly (or email) and get an answer ASAP. Plus sometimes I have rather weird requests (ie, this specific week but only at *these* resorts).

But I would report the issue anyway. I work in IT and generally speaking if it's not something I have direct control over, it never gets communicated to anyone else (especially sales). haha

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feedback!

I know lots of people recommend calling SFX as opposed to using the website but I am just not much of a phone person and live overseas which makes it a bit more cumbersome. I really would prefer going through the website. I do have rather specific requests as well but have just entered those in the comment section in the past.

I have tried numerous times to input my exchange request with no success (if at least there was some error message I could figure out what is going wrong). I have had that problem before but generally it would work after a couple of tries.

I have also sent them a message via the contact page to let them know about the issue/ask how to proceed but haven't heard back. So maybe that didn't work either... I guess I will try once more and wait another day or two and if I haven't heard anything (or had any success) I will see if I find an email address for SFX.