• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SFX AND VIDANTA “OWNERSHIP”

travs2

TUG Member
Reaction score
HELLO
HAS ANYONE HAD EXPERIENCE TRYING TO EXCHANGE ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR TIMESHARES BACK INTO A VIDANTA PROPERTY? WE JUST TRIED TO EXCHANGE ONE OF OUR TIMESHARES FROM VEGAS TO GO INTO MAYAN PALACE IN NUEVO IN FEBRUARY AND WERE TOLD BECAUSE WE WERE VIDANTA “OWNERS” WE WERE NOT ALLOWED TO DO SO. IS THIS TRUE? I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE. ANY THOUGHTS OR COMMENTS. WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE.....THANKS

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We used 2 PBEB Mataztlan weeks to book into the Grand Bliis RM for 2 weeks in 2018.

Years ago, when we tried exchange MP units into another of the Vidanta units were were told that was not allowed. That was before we had the no pay unless you go and owned 5 MP weeks and I had deposited 3 weeks while we were relocating to AZ. I wanted to check out PP and was told that I could not! After speaking with several SFX folks, I was allowed to use the weeks there, but had to go between October and February. We went twice to PP and then found a place to exchange into that was not a Vidanta property for the 3rd week.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
HELLO
HAS ANYONE HAD EXPERIENCE TRYING TO EXCHANGE ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR TIMESHARES BACK INTO A VIDANTA PROPERTY? WE JUST TRIED TO EXCHANGE ONE OF OUR TIMESHARES FROM VEGAS TO GO INTO MAYAN PALACE IN NUEVO IN FEBRUARY AND WERE TOLD BECAUSE WE WERE VIDANTA “OWNERS” WE WERE NOT ALLOWED TO DO SO. IS THIS TRUE? I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE. ANY THOUGHTS OR COMMENTS. WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE.....THANKS

I have RCI exchanged into Mayan Palace 2 bedroom using another ownership .
(Resort fee is then charged by Vidanta / since it is an exchange).

There are some specific Grand Luxxe / RCI resort codes - where the fine print says
Vidanta owners are not allowed to exchange into . I think those same codes also require
RCI Platinum level .

According to TUG legacy posts :There was a time / more than 10 years ago
when Grupo Mayan would not allow owners to upgrade a brand .(ie) a Mayan Palace owner could not
deposit their MP week into RCI ,and then exchange into Grand Mayan (and pay the difference) .

Let us know more .

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
HELLO

First I've heard of such a restriction; it runs counter to my experience with SFX/Vidanta. I've used both a Wyndham week deposited with SFX and a bonus week I got for another deposit with them to go to Grand Luxxe both RM and NV, and it hasn't been all that long.

The other thing it could be is that you're trying to get into there in February. You can get a flavor for what availability SFX has at Vidanta if you're an owner and have privilege weeks by going to https://members.sfxresorts.com/specials/privilegeweeks/search. It's not always 100% accurate, but currently shows only studios available at MP NV in February 2020, and not for all of the days. They generally get availability at the 12 month point (by the day, not the month), and there aren't that many MP rooms in NV, so it could be that the real problem is a lack of availability.

There are some specific Grand Luxxe / RCI resort codes - where the fine print says
Vidanta owners are not allowed to exchange into . I think those same codes also require
RCI Platinum level .

That's also the case for some Grand Bliss and Grand Mayan codes as well. They appear to be Registry Collection inventory that is made available to RCI Platinum members (that aren't Vidanta owners - curses to whoever came up with the idea for that restriction).

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
Maybe February is the issue. We own Grand Luxxe RM.
Through SFX we traded a Maui Schooner week into RM Grand Luxxe for this June and through II we have the week following in to the Grand Mayan. The SFX trade was confirmed last October while it was last month that we reserved the Grand Mayan through Interval.