• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling Royal Holiday Vacation Club membership

jamieh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club Plan
Has anyone had any experience recently in selling their membership in the Royal Holiday Vacation Club membership? We bought our membership in 2007, and have 15,000 credits annually. Its time for us to move on.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I have not seen any Royal Holiday's sell for money in years at least on TUG and Ebay. And that is from smaller packages, medium size packages, large and giant packages. Everything I have seen have been giveaways and for the most part with the seller paying the transfer fees.

jamieh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club Plan
I have not seen any Royal Holiday's sell for money in years at least on TUG and Ebay. And that is from smaller packages, medium size packages, large and giant packages. Everything I have seen have been giveaways and for the most part with the seller paying the transfer fees.
Ugh!! Do you have any recommendations from an agent to handle a transfer or sale?

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
From what I've heard Royal Holidays has the absolute worst customer service, which is a tall order in the timeshare industry.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
have you contacted RH to see if they have any options to just discontinue your membership?

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
have you contacted RH to see if they have any options to just discontinue your membership?

RHC will not take a timeshare back. I gave my contract away and paid the "buyer" $500 to take it off my hands I was that desperate to get out of their ridiculous system. Your best bet would be to give it away to another owner who wants to increase their share in the club

R1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club
If you can find someone to take the points off your hands you can contact RHC and they will assist in the transfer of ownership. It cost $650 transfer the membership into the new owners name and then another $650 to combined the two contracts into one if the new owner has a membership already.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a recommendation, just an observation, but if this "product" (with which I am not personally at all familiar) is little more than a "club membership" of dubious value, you can always opt to just walk away and bid them "adieu", no? :shrug:

Last edited:

DRIless

Reaction score
From what I've heard Royal Holidays has the absolute worst customer service, which is a tall order in the timeshare industry.
I love my RHC ownership! It's great. The Manhattan Club for the Ball Drop this new years eve. RHC has been berry, berry good for me.

jamieh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club Plan
We still have our Royal Holiday Vacation Club membership. I wonder if there has been any change in the last year and a half regarding our hope that there is a way to get out of the contract short of just giving it away, and possibly having to pay the transfer fee as well. I also wonder what would be the consequences of just walking away, and refusing to pay the annual fee.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also wonder what would be the consequences of just walking away, and refusing to pay the annual fee.

With vacation clubs, it usually just results in termination of membership, which is what you want, isn't it? The downside is that you might face a number of collection calls and letters and possibly a ding on your credit rating. There is a thread in the Mexico forum about what happens (or has happened) to vacation club members who just walk away from their contracts.

jamieh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club Plan
I love my RHC ownership! It's great. The Manhattan Club for the Ball Drop this new years eve. RHC has been berry, berry good for me.
Can I give you our RHC membership credits? We have 15,000, and our membership ends in 2037. We bought a condo in Mexico, and no longer use/need our credits.

DRIless

Reaction score
Can I give you our RHC membership credits? We have 15,000, and our membership ends in 2037. We bought a condo in Mexico, and no longer use/need our credits.
Sadly,
1) RHC won't let me buy/take any more secondhand contracts, nor combine any more, they've already refused me.
2) from my perspective, the smallest feasible contract to own is 40,000, the larger the contract the less the maintenance fee is per point. It's significant.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sadly,
1) RHC won't let me buy/take any more secondhand contracts, nor combine any more, they've already refused me.
2) from my perspective, the smallest feasible contract to own is 40,000, the larger the contract the less the maintenance fee is per point. It's significant.
That's strange. Why won't they let you buy more contracts? Is there a limit as to how much you can own? Curious as to how many points you have?

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had several contracts with RHC. I couldn't wait to get rid of them. I had two Presidential Weekly contracts that worked great for me but I was able to sell them for a profit. The points contracts were a bear to get rid of. It took me a year of listing them on eBay and on TUG and extra money on top, just to unload them for free. Never again will I buy a MX timeshare.

jamieh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club Plan
I had a party that wanted to take over my points/membership, but Royal refused to complete the paperwork for the transition. In character for them: we don't care, we don't have to. I was current on my fees, and the other party was willing to pay the transfer fee, and he knew how to prepare the paperwork, as he had done it before. So, since I can't give it away, and we don't want to use the credits anymore, what happens if we simply stop paying? Can anyone report what happened to them when they did?

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The reports for all RTU Mexican timeshare anything is, if you don't own on a loan for it, walking away means they cancel your membership--which is what you want anyway--with little repercussions beyond that.

jamieh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club Plan
Here's hoping that is true, as that is what we're going to do. They are the most miserable service organization I have had the misfortune to engage, and I'm 74, a former business owner.

DRIless

Reaction score
That's strange. Why won't they let you buy more contracts? Is there a limit as to how much you can own? Curious as to how many points you have?
They'll sell me whatever I like, retail.

jamieh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club Plan
WE have 15,000 points. I had a party that had previously acquired points from others; this time Royal refused to finish processing the paperwork, no reason given, the same paperwork this person had used before. Royal: "We don't care, we don't have to."

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I always heard they have the worst customer service on the planet and sounds like it's true.

ama726

Reaction score
Here's hoping that is true, as that is what we're going to do. They are the most miserable service organization I have had the misfortune to engage, and I'm 74, a former business owner.
Did you do this? I’m contemplating the same. I just don’t use it and to pay yearly for nothing is ridiculous.