• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling our Grandview timeshare

BettyBoop52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mys husband and I successfully disposed of our Mexican timeshare thru the TUG Marketplace and now would like to do the same with our Grandview t/s in Las Vegas. I wrote up an ad, found out the procedure & got the form for selling our RCI points, and then contacted Grandview to find out which sale/transfer form(s) I would need to sell the timeshare itself. I received the following email from Grandview:

Thank you for contacting the Grandview at Las Vegas,

PLEASE READ THIS MESSAGE IN ITS ENTIRETY AS IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!

RESALE

The Grandview at Las Vegas does not have anyone affiliated with the resort that resale’s timeshares. However,
we can inform you that in order to sell your timeshare you will need to enlist a Real Estate Agent or a Timeshare Resale company. [Text colour mine.] You may also want to look into www.timesharetoday.com. Keep in mind you are able to gift your timeshare to a family, friend, or charity if you wish. Contact the charity before offering to gift the timeshare to them.

Please be advised that there are companies out there that will try and take advantage. Do your research and NEVER give money upfront, the best way to verify if a Resale Company is legit is by checking with the Better Business Bureau.

Here in the Owner Services and Reservations Department we do not keep a list of agents or companies to assist with this matter.

BUY BACK

Currently we do not have a buy back program. However, you may be eligible to deed back your timeshare. Contact the Concierge Department at 888.629.9593

RENTAL

There is also the option to rent out your week to off set any future maintenance fees. If this is something that you are interested in, let me know and I will send you a rental agreement to review.

Thank you and have a Remarkable day!

Owner Services/Reservations Department

I was very pleased to see the advice about not paying any money up front and being very careful with resale companies. I looked at www.timesharetoday.com but I'd rather get advice from TUG. We haven't yet contacted the Concierge Department about possibly deeding back our timeshare as we would prefer to sell it if at all possible. We’re quite willing to sell it for the cost of the maintenance fees (which have been paid for this year) and transfer fees, if possible, as we realize that the market is glutted and the odds of getting any kind of profit are pretty slim. What also complicates matters is that we live in Canada.

My question(s) for this forum is: are there any really good, honest timeshare resale companies out there? Should we go this route or should we just try deeding back? I know this is a long post, but any advice from fellow Tuggers would be much appreciated. Thank you.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
First of all - you do not have to employ a timeshare broker - you can do it yourself.

-You will probably have trouble finding a reputable broker who will list it, because it will have low resale value, so it's not really worth their time.

-Reputable brokers charge a commission after the sale - often around $1,000, but you may not even get $1,000 for your timeshare, so you would have to pay the difference out of pocket - maybe the entire $1,000.

Since you are unlikely to make anything off this timeshare, I would look it the deedback program first. If it's free to you, you may want to go that direction. If it's expensive, you may want to give it away yourself instead.

BettyBoop52

TUG Member
Reaction score
First of all - you do not have to employ a timeshare broker - you can do it yourself.

-You will probably have trouble finding a reputable broker who will list it, because it will have low resale value, so it's not really worth their time.

-Reputable brokers charge a commission after the sale - often around $1,000, but you may not even get $1,000 for your timeshare, so you would have to pay the difference out of pocket - maybe the entire $1,000.

Since you are unlikely to make anything off this timeshare, I would look it the deedback program first. If it's free to you, you may want to go that direction. If it's expensive, you may want to give it away yourself instead.

Thanks, Denise. You always give good advice. I guess what threw me off was Grandview actually telling me that we have to enlist a realtor or a timeshare resale company. I will look into the deedback program first and come back here if I need more advice. :)

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Thanks, Denise. You always give good advice. I guess what threw me off was Grandview actually telling me that we have to enlist a realtor or a timeshare resale company. I will look into the deedback program first and come back here if I need more advice. :)

Perhaps that's their way of getting you to do the deedback. They know if you contact a realtor or resale company, you'll not like the cost.

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since you got rid of your Mexican timeshare through Tug, you should already be familiar with the process of transferring ownership.
I can recommend LTT as a title transfer company, I gave away a vacation village at parkway Timeshare using LTT, everything went smoothly.
In case you don't know, vacation village also owns Grandview las Vegas.

BettyBoop52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since you got rid of your Mexican timeshare through Tug, you should already be familiar with the process of transferring ownership.
I can recommend LTT as a title transfer company, I gave away a vacation village at parkway Timeshare using LTT, everything went smoothly.
In case you don't know, vacation village also owns Grandview las Vegas.

Yes, we did get rid of our Mexican timeshare thru TUG, but it was under Raintree Vacation Club and it was easy. All I did was phone Raintree, tell them we wanted to transfer ownership and they sent us all the necessary forms and instructions. That's not the response I got from Grandview. Should I be talking to Vacation Village?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Even with a deeded timeshare, the process is easy - you just use a reputable timeshare title company to handle all the paperwork and the transfer.

This is who I use - they are Tuggers, they get high marks on TUG, and they are efficient and inexpensive - usually less than $200.

L.T. Transfers
www.lttransfers.com
readylegal@gmail.com

BettyBoop52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another question: Vacation Villages has agreed to a deed back for us for our Grandview Las Vegas time share for a reasonable cost. Now I'm wondering how to go about selling/transferring our RCI points. The membership transfer application we received from RCI says, "You should only complete this application if you have sold or purchased an RCI point property". What happens if it's a deed back? Or should I call RCI and ask them? Thanks again for any advice.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
However, we can inform you that in order to sell your timeshare you will need to enlist a Real Estate Agent or a Timeshare Resale company.

This statement "informing" you is neither true nor accurate. Maybe it is innocent in intent and just very poorly phrased, but it is nonetheless completely false.

You can advertise and sell the interval (or just give it away, if necessary) without the unnecessary middleman involvement (or expense) of any real estate agent or "resale company". Advertise the interval on TUG and RedWeek. LT Transfers would handle all closing details for under $200 once you find a willing new recipient. Compare that to the cost of "deedback".
If the cost comparison is even close, "deedback" is obviously much easier, quicker and more efficient.

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vacation Villages has agreed to a deed back for us for our Grandview Las Vegas time share for a reasonable cost. Now I'm wondering how to go about selling/transferring our RCI points. The membership transfer application we received from RCI says, "You should only complete this application if you have sold or purchased an RCI point property". What happens if it's a deed back? Or should I call RCI and ask them? Thanks again for any advice.

The ownership at issue is deeded, with X number of RCI Points also attached, yes?

If so, it seems to me that if you pursue a "deedback", then your ownership with its' attached points return back together. The associated points are not somehow yours to sell separately if you pursue "deed back", so I'm not sure why you would need (or want) to even have any conversation with RCI on the matter at all --- but maybe I'm missing something here. :ponder:

P.S. Your user name has evoked a "blast from the past". Even as a young boy, I was definitely a Betty Boop "fan" :).

Last edited:

BettyBoop52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Theo,
Thank you so much for your posts. They have completely clarified the situation for me. I had called LT Transfers and as it turns out, the deed back will only cost $38 more so we decided to do that (as you note, it is quicker, easier, and more efficient). I wasn't sure about the RCI points but yes, after checking with my husband, you are correct; they are attached to the Grandview, so will go back to Vacation Villages with the deed.
I knew I could count on TUGgers to give good advice!

Also, in regard to Betty Boop; that was my childhood nickname, based on the TV cartoons and my round face and dark, curly hair. Glad you were a fan too. :)

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just curious, how many RCI points does your timeshare have? you may be able to get money for your timeshare depending on how many RCI points are involved.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
If you have an RCI points Grandview unit it may have some value. Just search eBay for past sales.

2 bdr units with 122K go for $2-3K, 98K go for $400-$1K

BettyBoop52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just curious, how many RCI points does your timeshare have? you may be able to get money for your timeshare depending on how many RCI points are involved.
Thank you for the suggestion, Dominidude, but in all honesty - based on how long some of the ads for Grandview LV have been in the TUG Marketplace, and having also checked Ebay.ca (of the t/s that sold, one went for $120.85C and the other 3 went for $1.23C) I believe it will be easier for us to simply take advantage of Vacation Villages' deed back program. And another thing that complicates matters is that we're in Canada.

But to answer your question, right now we have 117,660 RCI points. I just heard from Vacation Villages that the points are ours to use. I think that means we can sell them separate and apart from the deed back we're going ahead with. Is that correct TUGgers?

BettyBoop52

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have an RCI points Grandview unit it may have some value. Just search eBay for past sales.

2 bdr units with 122K go for $2-3K, 98K go for $400-$1K

Hi Breezez - I just checked eBay.com and only found 4 or 5 that sold for more than $500 - the lucky-duck sellers! All the rest went for less than $50 & the majority of those went for less than $10. And on eBay.ca, one went for $120.85C and the other 3 went for $1.23C so it's really not worth it for us to go that route. But thank you for your suggestion; it was worth checking out. :)

Last edited:

kukenan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Breezez - I just checked eBay.com and only found 4 or 5 that sold for more than $500 - the lucky-duck sellers! All the rest went for less than $50 & the majority of those went for less than $10. And on eBay.ca, one went for $120.85C and the other 3 went for $1.23C so it's really not worth it for us to go that route. But thank you for your suggestion; it was worth checking out. :)

The price is related to the points per year, more points per year = higher price of the deed. Higher one, 2 bedrooms = 122000 Rci points per year and $803 MF

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis - 2
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
The price is related to the points per year, more points per year = higher price of the deed. Higher one, 2 bedrooms = 122000 Rci points per year and $803 MF

I am in the process of closing on a free 122,000 point Grandview with LT Transfers which I received from a fellow Tugger. I pay all costs of transfer. I have given away or sold for very little lots of timeshares that I no longer want. I would rather give to a Tugger than give it back to the resort to resell. I assume it is paid in full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
...right now we have 117,660 RCI points. I just heard from Vacation Villages that the points are ours to use. I think that means we can sell them separate and apart from the deed back we're going ahead with. Is that correct TUGgers?

Partly correct, partly not. You cannot sell those RCI points. You can use them, but you cannot actually sell them.
You could also transfer those points (for a fee paid to RCI) to some other RCI member(s) with a RCI Points account.
I believe that each individual transfer would incur its' own individual transfer fee if more than one transfer was involved.
For the record, the latter observation is not a solicitation; I neither have nor want RCI membership or points (or anything at all to do with RCI, quite frankly).

Needless to say, if you decide to transfer RCI points, the recipient(s) should at least be willing to reimburse you (or directly pay RCI, if that's an available option) the transfer fees for the points they are receiving as a beneficiary of your generosity.

I once transferred RCI Points to several different fellow Tug members when I bailed out of two unwanted ownerships, but that was nearly a decade ago now. I'm not certain, but I don't believe that RCI charged anything for such transfers back then, but I think it's around $100 USD per RCI Points transfer now.

Last edited:

BettyBoop52

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of closing on a free 122,000 point Grandview with LT Transfers which I received from a fellow Tugger. I pay all costs of transfer. I have given away or sold for very little lots of timeshares that I no longer want. I would rather give to a Tugger than give it back to the resort to resell. I assume it is paid in full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Hintock. I talked with LT Transfers and discovered that completing a transfer with them would only be $38 less than to do the deed back and - given that we're in Canada - the deed back process is less complicated. We gave away our Mexico t/s last year to a fellow Tugger (ended up splitting the transfer costs) but the whole procedure was a lot simpler because it was with a different t/s company.
Yes, everything is paid in full.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes, grandview units that have been converted to RCI points are worth more than $0...although not much more!

BettyBoop52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Partly correct, partly not. You cannot sell those RCI points. You can use them, but you can't actually sell them.
You could also transfer those points (for a fee paid to RCI) to some other RCI member with a RCI Points account.
For the record, the latter observation is not a solicitation; I neither have nor want a RCI membership or RCI account.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification, theo. I will post the points on TUG.

xcite10

Reaction score
Hello BettyBoop52... I'm in the process of planning spring break for my family and am coming up short on points.. I'm interested in some of your points if your planning on posting them?

BettyBoop52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello BettyBoop52... I'm in the process of planning spring break for my family and am coming up short on points.. I'm interested in some of your points if your planning on posting them?

Yes. I just don't quite know where to do it. It doesn't fit in the Marketplace, because they would be transferred to another RCI member rather than sold and they're points, not a t/s. We have a total of 117,660 points of which 11,660 expire at the end of March this year, leaving 98,000. We would be happy to transfer the points to you for RCI's processing fee of $98.00 USD ($136.00 Cdn). I assume you are an RCI member? Just making sure. :):) Thanks for your interest.:)

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of planning spring break for my family and am coming up short on points.. I'm interested in some of your points if your planning on posting them?

Consider contacting BettyBoop52 directly via private TUG "conversation".
Doing so would save her the time and effort of constructing a "listing" if you worked something out privately now.

That said, BettyBoop52 might (as I did) opt to restrict potential recipient(s) to TUG-supporting TUG members. :shrug:

Last edited: