• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Section 4041 of California Davis-Stirling Act

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got my notice of this. To me it's just a big bother. Just wondering if anyone actually replies to this. It says that if you don't they just continue to use the address on file, which in my case hasn't changed in decades. I wouldn't even know how to answer question 4 - I don't occupy my unit and I don't rent it. I use it as destination points.

PS: I only get this notice from Marriott for my Palm Desert resort. I don't get it for my DVC resort at Disneyland.

Section 4041 of the California Davis-Stirling Act requires owners of separate interests in a common interest development in California to annually provide written notice to the association of certain information for the purpose of receiving notices from the association. This information needs to be provided by the owner annually, in writing, to the association regardless of whether the owner’s address has changed or not from the prior year. The information to be provided must include:

1. Address or addresses to which notices from the association are to be delivered.
2. Alternate or secondary address to which notices from the association are to be delivered.
3. Name and address of the owner’s legal representative, if any, including any person with power of attorney or other person who can be contacted in the event of the owner’s extended absence from the separate interest.
4. Whether the separate interest is owner-occupied, is rented out, if the parcel is developed but vacant, or if the parcel is undeveloped land.

With respect to the information requested in item #4 above, please note that a “separate interest” is defined in the California Davis-Stirling Act as a separately owned unit in a condominium project. Since you own a timeshare interest in the Shadow Ridge Condominium project, you should check either “owner-occupied” or “rented out” for item #4, depending on your actual usage of your timeshare interest.

In connection with the requirements set forth in section 4041 of the California Davis-Stirling Act, the below link will take you to a copy of a response card that you can use to provide this required information. Please print the response card, complete and return to:

Marriott Vacation Club
310 Bearcat Drive
Salt Lake City, Utah 84115

The completed response card may also be returned by faxing the form to 801-663-7193, scanning a PDF of the form to Annual Required Mailing or returning a copy, in person, directly to the condominium project General Manager.

ACE1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Funny, I only get it for Newport Coast. Not for our Westin in Palm Springs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
We got the notice for Palm Desert. They have cited Section 4041 of Davis-Sterling Act, however, if you actually read that section, there is no such requirement. It is only required if your address changes, otherwise they will use the last address provided. We sent an email to the contact name, including the entire code, and told them to change their postcard. Yes, too much time on our hands. He actually responded, did not acknowledge their error, but said the legislation ends this year. We will ignore any future postcard, and should we get one, will again ask that they stop spending our money sending them out.

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got the notice for Palm Desert. They have cited Section 4041 of Davis-Sterling Act, however, if you actually read that section, there is no such requirement. It is only required if your address changes, otherwise they will use the last address provided. We sent an email to the contact name, including the entire code, and told them to change their postcard. Yes, too much time on our hands. He actually responded, did not acknowledge their error, but said the legislation ends this year. We will ignore any future postcard, and should we get one, will again ask that they stop spending our money sending them out.

Good to know. Thanks for posting this. It also might explain why it seems that only Marriott is sending these notices, and not other timeshares.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes, and if you read the notice, it agrees. It says right on it that if you fail to return it, your last address will be used. There is no need to return it as you say.

According to Bill Gunderson at Palm Desert, this is the last year they are sending it out.