TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Searching Exchanges in II

Discussion in 'Hyatt Residence Club' started by Buelah111, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Buelah111

Buelah111 Guest

So, I'm a new resale owner at Pinon Pointe. I've appreciated all the information I've been able to glean from Tug over the last few months as we searched for and eventually purchased our unit. Now I'm in the exploration stage both within Hyatt Exchanges and II. I'm not looking to book anything specific in II right now, but just interested in seeing examples of availability for future planning purposes (I completely realize these are just examples, things change all the time). I am struggling to have a search pull up anything for Hawaii (I've tried several islands with wide date ranges). Is there a trick for searching Hawaii, or is there truly nothing available for the next 18 months? I have a Diamond Hyatt unit so it doesn't seem like points should be a limiting factor. Any advice and/or confirmation I'm searching correctly would be welcome. Thanks!

2. itap39

itap39 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt WOR
    When searching II, we’ve found we’re only interested in Elite level resorts. Here are several elite codes you can paste into the resort name;
    MHB,MHZ,MGA,MAO,MSU,MBY,MBP,MCV,MEM,MCU,MCP,MDS,MPD,MFV,MFC,MGC,MC1,MGO,MGV,MGR,MHH,HPS,MHG,MIP,MKW,MKO,MK1,MLE,MMC,MMB,MMO,MMS,MVL,MOU,NCV,MPB,MOW,MPU,MP1,MUZ,MRP,MSP,MRD,MSK,MDO,MVB,MEV,MSW,MSN,MSF,MML,MVF,MVD,MAW,MVO

gratiem, Sapper and alameda94501 like this.
  3. echino

echino TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Piñon Pointe
    Hyatt Coconut Plantation
    Hyatt Windward Pointe
    Harborside Resort at Atlantis
    Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas
    Marriott's Canyon Villas
    Marriott's St. Kitts Beach Club
    Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
    Right now, there is nothing available in Hawaii in II on any dates.

SteelerGal likes this.
  4. Islnd

Islnd TUG Member

Geez....I'm about to pull the trigger on a resale purchase (probably this week). A big part of my "valuation" to this timeshare purchase is the ability to find within Hyatt and less so II. I figured good luck finding something four to six months out, but if I cant find something 18 months out, then whats the point. In this case is not about "planning in advanced and being flexible" ...it is about availability or lack thereof. I like the resort I'm looking at but I'm not buying to go every year. That's is not my "vacation style".

Maybe the senior members need to start and populate a thread/database that shows exchanges internally and externally?. A trade database that shows:
    • Owned week and where
    • When (if) was it deposited
    • Requested resort(s), week and when was it requested or when started looking:
    • When was it confirmed...if ever.
    • When trade was abandoned if could not find what was looking for.

5. echino

echino TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Piñon Pointe
    Hyatt Coconut Plantation
    Hyatt Windward Pointe
    Marriott's Canyon Villas
    A couple of Hawaii weeks appeared today in II. Usually something is sitting in the open inventory, but not much. You need to set up an ongoing search to catch the developer bulk deposits. The vast majority of inventory in II comes from developer deposits, not from owners.

Hyatt points have top trading power in II seeing absolutely everything other than Marriott and Vistana units in the preference period.

Sugarcubesea likes this.
  6. SteelerGal

SteelerGal TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WDW, WKV, SDO, HPP, HH, Bay Club
    The Sightings Board is your best bet.

7. Islnd

Islnd TUG Member

Not sure I like what you said above.... in bold. So all the statements about how Hyatt trades really well in II does not apply to Marriott & Vistana properties?

Excluding these would mean a lot of the top notch properties are not available .... I would be exchanging a high end resort for say a ???? Not equal

8. echino

echino TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Piñon Pointe
    Hyatt Coconut Plantation
    Hyatt Windward Pointe
    Marriott's Canyon Villas
    When Marriott makes a bulk deposit into II, the units can be booked in II by Marriott owners only, for a preference period of a few days. After the preference period is over, the remaining units, which were not booked by Marriott owners, are released to everyone on II (subject to trading power). A similar preference period also exists for Vistana.

So if you want a good shot at a Marriott in II, you have to own a Marriott. Same for Vistana.

Once the week is out of preference, you will see it with Hyatt points, which have top trading power and see absolutely everything.

alameda94501 and SteelerGal like this.
  9. Islnd

Islnd TUG Member

Got it ... Thank You!

10. SteelerGal

SteelerGal TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Most ppl own in Hawaii if it’s a frequent destination or you need to go in high season due to school schedule. Many of us own in 2 different Systems because of this.

11. heathpack

heathpack Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
    Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
    Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
    Sheraton Broadway Plantation
    Also FYI you can't search II more than a year out with Hyatt points. Its a disadvantage for Hawaii units in II because owners of non-Hyatt timeshares can search and set up exchange requests at the 18 month mark.

12. echino

echino TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Piñon Pointe
    Hyatt Coconut Plantation
    Hyatt Windward Pointe
    Marriott's Canyon Villas
    I can search II two years out with my Hyatt account.

Sugarcubesea likes this.
  13. heathpack

heathpack Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
    Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
    Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
    Sheraton Broadway Plantation
    Yes you are right. I remembered noticing a change in recent times and I went to II to do a test search after I posted my reply, then got distracted at work. You are correct- 2 years out now. It previously was 1 year out.

I don't trade my Hyatt in II like I used to. I've instead bought more of what I want to use and tend to use my Hyatt points in Hyatt Residence Club nowadays. So I'm not up on II like I once was.

14. hudshut

hudshut TUG Member

@Buelah111
    @Islnd

Hawaii resorts are in tremendous demand.
    Interval receives weeks for Hawaii almost
    every day, but any top resorts that make it
    to online inventory are taken within minutes,
    and all other resorts rarely last until the afternoon.

You will need to set up an ongoing search. You will
    need to search online as often as possible. After a few
    weeks, you'll become more comfortable with the
    patterns for Hawaii.

alameda94501 and mauitraveler like this.
  15. TBipp

TBipp TUG Member

We just returned from the Hyatt in Maui (our first visit and we exchanged one of our Key West Hyatt Beach House weeks as an internal Hyatt exchange). We decided to meet with the timeshare salesman as it had been awhile since we heard their song and dance. I learned something new about II if one can believe the salesman. I had always assumed points were points when trading in II as I read how disappointed most people are with trying to trade in II. However, he said that II makes money through the trade fees so II has the algorithms set up to give II the most possible profit in trading fees with exchanges. As an example, if I want Hawaii which is high demand, and I'm trading in my Key West March week (high demand market and time of year), I am likely to get the Hawaii unit as II has a list of ten people wanting my KW week which means another fee for them when they exchange my KW unit to someone on the list. The person that gets my KW week will be the person that exchanges a high demand week so that II makes money on that trade and so on. If I owned a low demand Branson week, I'm not likely to get my Hawaii trade because the Branson week may sit there with no exchange and thus, that ends their profit run. I realize this may be common knowledge for everyone; however, I wanted to share this as it may help with your planning.

16. SteelerGal

SteelerGal TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    I do that they are using an algorithm that benefits II