TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Sea Gardens cancellation

Discussion in 'Wyndham Vacation Resorts' started by brigian, Nov 22, 2017.

1. brigian

brigian TUG Member

I mentioned in another thread that I had 2 reservations ( with guest cert. ) for dec 31. I received my cancellation notice last week with the 10 day notice, well today they cancelled one of the reservations. My question is do you think I'm safe with my other reservation ? The strange thing is they cancelled my ocean view/key west /water fall res. but not the ocean palms. I thought most of the damage was in the ocean palms ?

2. Avislo

Avislo Guest

They cancelled my December 31, 2017 reservation today also. It appears this is not over yet.

3. brigian

brigian TUG Member

what building were you in?

4. Avislo

Avislo Guest

Did not have a building assignment that I know of.

5. steve_solo

steve_solo TUG Member

Did Wyndham offer 25% points or help with an alternative reservation?

6. Avislo

Avislo Guest

I was not notified of of the cancellation. They put the cancelled points into the 2017 use year no bonus points. Called in and the representative confirmed Wyndham cancelled it and the points and 25 percent bonus points were to go to the 2018 regular use year points bucket. Transferred me to someone who could fix it She put the cancelled points plus the 25 percent into the 2018 use year. They would not returned the guest pass. I asked about getting a reservation from the availability that was held for weather. She advised those reservations were no longer available and when they were they were being held for the resort that was fully closed guests.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  7. wjappraise

wjappraise TUG Member

You need to insist on getting two more guest passes. For 2018. Be forceful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baby Jane likes this.
  8. 55plus

55plus TUG Member

So Wyndham cancels your reservation at Sea Gardens and they move a guest from Palm Aire to Sea Gardens. Why didn't they just cancel the Palm Aire guest and return their points to them and you keep your reservation? What makes it even worst and unfair, Wyndham won't even return your guest pass after cancelling your reservation so they can give it to someone else. How does Wyndham justify that type of behavior?

9. steve_solo

steve_solo TUG Member

I got an email from Wyndham today asking for volunteers to cancel out of a reservation at Sea Gardens the second week of January.
    The "generous" offer said it would give me 110% of original points. No offer to help find alternatives anywhere.
    They warned that if they didn't get enough volunteers by Dec 15, they would start canceling, newest booking dates first.
    Sure glad I decided it was too risky to book the airline early.
    What a great company.

10. NHTraveler

NHTraveler TUG Member

Same here for the second week. I wonder why they give some 25% back and others like us 10%.

11. Roger830

Roger830 TUG Member

I got the email for week 3 at Ocean Palms. It states that they are asking for January reservation volunteers.

Perhaps the thinking is only 10% because we have a full year even though those that got 25% got the points put into the following year.

Makes no sense, just like all four Wyndham resorts have extensive damage when other resorts in the area were only closed for a week.

vacationhopeful and NHTraveler like this.
  12. vacationhopeful

vacationhopeful TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Ft Lauderdale Beach, Wyndham Santa Barbara, Wyndham Royal Vista, Wyndham Sea Gardens, Wyndham Shawnee (Poconos)
    Those 3 beach resorts in Pompano were ALL fixed week except Royal Vista originally. I would suspect they are trying to GET DEEDS .. by HOOK or CROOK, to populate CWA for the winter season. Royal Vista UDI points might still be lean in CWA, too.

Been multiple years since any redoing the resorts (soft goods), but a hosing of winter access and cancelled reservations, will get the older owners GONE.

Each of those Santa Barbara condos could sell on the average for $1,000,000 ... 90 units. Has garage parking. ROI for Wyndham would be pretty ... resort is not large enough for services to be effective.

Royal Vista is an all UDI resort but is beachfront and all 1bdr or 2bdr units. I think there is 100 units there. Sea Gardens is LARGE enough for full services but has too many different HOAs and condo styles plus is Fixed week .. even Ocean Palms has fixed week units.