• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sea Gardens cancellation

brigian

TUG Member
Reaction score
I mentioned in another thread that I had 2 reservations ( with guest cert. ) for dec 31. I received my cancellation notice last week with the 10 day notice, well today they cancelled one of the reservations. My question is do you think I'm safe with my other reservation ? The strange thing is they cancelled my ocean view/key west /water fall res. but not the ocean palms. I thought most of the damage was in the ocean palms ?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
They cancelled my December 31, 2017 reservation today also. It appears this is not over yet.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did not have a building assignment that I know of.

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did Wyndham offer 25% points or help with an alternative reservation?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was not notified of of the cancellation. They put the cancelled points into the 2017 use year no bonus points. Called in and the representative confirmed Wyndham cancelled it and the points and 25 percent bonus points were to go to the 2018 regular use year points bucket. Transferred me to someone who could fix it She put the cancelled points plus the 25 percent into the 2018 use year. They would not returned the guest pass. I asked about getting a reservation from the availability that was held for weather. She advised those reservations were no longer available and when they were they were being held for the resort that was fully closed guests.

Last edited:

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You need to insist on getting two more guest passes. For 2018. Be forceful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was not notified of of the cancellation. They put the cancelled points into the 2017 use year no bonus points. Called in and the representative confirmed Wyndham cancelled it and the points and 25 percent bonus points were to go to the 2018 regular use year points bucket. Transferred me to someone who could fix it She put the cancelled points plus the 25 percent into the 2018 use year. They would not returned the guest pass. I asked about getting a reservation from the availability that was held for weather. She advised those reservations were no longer available and when they were they were being held for the Palm Aire guests.
So Wyndham cancels your reservation at Sea Gardens and they move a guest from Palm Aire to Sea Gardens. Why didn't they just cancel the Palm Aire guest and return their points to them and you keep your reservation? What makes it even worst and unfair, Wyndham won't even return your guest pass after cancelling your reservation so they can give it to someone else. How does Wyndham justify that type of behavior?

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got an email from Wyndham today asking for volunteers to cancel out of a reservation at Sea Gardens the second week of January.
The "generous" offer said it would give me 110% of original points. No offer to help find alternatives anywhere.
They warned that if they didn't get enough volunteers by Dec 15, they would start canceling, newest booking dates first.
Sure glad I decided it was too risky to book the airline early.
What a great company.

NHTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got an email from Wyndham today asking for volunteers to cancel out of a reservation at Sea Gardens the second week of January.
The "generous" offer said it would give me 110% of original points. No offer to help find alternatives anywhere.
They warned that if they didn't get enough volunteers by Dec 15, they would start canceling, newest booking dates first.
Sure glad I decided it was too risky to book the airline early.
What a great company.
Same here for the second week. I wonder why they give some 25% back and others like us 10%.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the email for week 3 at Ocean Palms. It states that they are asking for January reservation volunteers.

Perhaps the thinking is only 10% because we have a full year even though those that got 25% got the points put into the following year.

Makes no sense, just like all four Wyndham resorts have extensive damage when other resorts in the area were only closed for a week.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Those 3 beach resorts in Pompano were ALL fixed week except Royal Vista originally. I would suspect they are trying to GET DEEDS .. by HOOK or CROOK, to populate CWA for the winter season. Royal Vista UDI points might still be lean in CWA, too.

Been multiple years since any redoing the resorts (soft goods), but a hosing of winter access and cancelled reservations, will get the older owners GONE.

Each of those Santa Barbara condos could sell on the average for $1,000,000 ... 90 units. Has garage parking. ROI for Wyndham would be pretty ... resort is not large enough for services to be effective.

Royal Vista is an all UDI resort but is beachfront and all 1bdr or 2bdr units. I think there is 100 units there. Sea Gardens is LARGE enough for full services but has too many different HOAs and condo styles plus is Fixed week .. even Ocean Palms has fixed week units.