• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Scam: RCI True Points (Resort Consulting Advocates)

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a postcard in the mail, marked "urgent" offering me an "android tablet" and $50 VISA Gift card. No mention of timeshare but I've been around the block a few times. So I called and they said something about an informational session offering help with using my timeshare. Aha! I had a little too much time on my hands so I signed up. The whole time this earnest young man (aka weasel) was talking to me I kept saying to myself "lies, lies, lies". At first I tried challenging him on some things, like, yes it is possible to refuse a timeshare inheritance. He brought in the bigger gun to "prove me wrong" and I realized the more I talked the longer I would be in there, so I just kept nodding and saying "u-huh". It was the most amazing line of BS I have ever experienced, and I have sat through Wyndham, Bluegreen, Silverleaf and some no-name RCI resort presentations with a couple of travel club presentations thrown in. They brought out the old "you mean you didn't get the letter?" and talked about what I missed out in with the great RCI lawsuit settlement of 2012. I missed out transferring my timeshare deeds into the "RCI True Points" program which is a pay as you go scheme eliminating maintenance fees. They even showed me computer print-outs with the RCI trademark on them looking like it came from a real RCI website. Except that it said "weeks points" which made about as much sense as anything else they said. Finally I had enough and pressed for the bottom line. Since the computer database said that I had not declined in 2012, I had the chance to give up my deeds now and move into the new RCI True Points program.

Bottom line? All it would cost me is about $9000. I did not laugh in his face. By that time I was ready to get my $50 and my tablet and go home. He sweetly explained that they cannot travel with the tablets so it will be mailed to me. :rolleyes: Instead of a VISA Gift card, he gave me a crisp $50. Again, I had too much time on my hands and it was actually a little bit amusing. I kept wanting to scream out to the other people in the room "don't you realize these people are lying through their teeth?!" I can't believe RCI lets this kind of thing go on. Not that I believe RCI is behind it but I can't believe they do not know about it.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what you have said, I'm kind of surprised they don't call themselves something like Resort Consulting Innovators so they can carry the initials RCI.

vacationer2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a postcard in the mail, marked "urgent" offering me an "android tablet" and $50 VISA Gift card. No mention of timeshare but I've been around the block a few times. So I called and they said something about an informational session offering help with using my timeshare. Aha! I had a little too much time on my hands so I signed up. The whole time this earnest young man (aka weasel) was talking to me I kept saying to myself "lies, lies, lies". At first I tried challenging him on some things, like, yes it is possible to refuse a timeshare inheritance. He brought in the bigger gun to "prove me wrong" and I realized the more I talked the longer I would be in there, so I just kept nodding and saying "u-huh". It was the most amazing line of BS I have ever experienced, and I have sat through Wyndham, Bluegreen, Silverleaf and some no-name RCI resort presentations with a couple of travel club presentations thrown in. They brought out the old "you mean you didn't get the letter?" and talked about what I missed out in with the great RCI lawsuit settlement of 2012. I missed out transferring my timeshare deeds into the "RCI True Points" program which is a pay as you go scheme eliminating maintenance fees. They even showed me computer print-outs with the RCI trademark on them looking like it came from a real RCI website. Except that it said "weeks points" which made about as much sense as anything else they said. Finally I had enough and pressed for the bottom line. Since the computer database said that I had not declined in 2012, I had the chance to give up my deeds now and move into the new RCI True Points program.

Bottom line? All it would cost me is about $9000. I did not laugh in his face. By that time I was ready to get my $50 and my tablet and go home. He sweetly explained that they cannot travel with the tablets so it will be mailed to me. :rolleyes: Instead of a VISA Gift card, he gave me a crisp $50. Again, I had too much time on my hands and it was actually a little bit amusing. I kept wanting to scream out to the other people in the room "don't you realize these people are lying through their teeth?!" I can't believe RCI lets this kind of thing go on. Not that I believe RCI is behind it but I can't believe they do not know about it.

We got the same postcard...they said they are transfering our timeshares out of our name and into the RCI / The Lodges at Indian point. Into the TRUE POINTS PROGRAM. Has anyone ever heard or been in this vacation club ?