• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sampler Just Purchased in Arizona

fool me twice

Reaction score
@BrendaCaudillo, I hope you wrote the complaint on BBB. I felt like that definitely made a difference.
I was waiting for everything to go through before I updated because I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t being lied to, again. We were able to get out of the sampler contract. Such a huge sigh of relief!! I pray the same for you Brenda!!!

Talya

Reaction score
@BrendaCaudillo, I hope you wrote the complaint on BBB. I felt like that definitely made a difference.
I was waiting for everything to go through before I updated because I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t being lied to, again. We were able to get out of the sampler contract. Such a huge sigh of relief!! I pray the same for you Brenda!!!

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Talya

Reaction score

@fool me twice If you feel up to it, telling the final sequence of events leading to rescission is always helpful for others to hear. :thumbup:

Katya_

Reaction score
Hello there!
I’ve read all the comments and Tried to write the complaint on BBB, but I’m not sure how to do it. I know you said it’s easy, but I think I really need help with this. I’m from another country (living in California for a while) and my English is good but I think not enough to understand all this process, so I would be very grateful if someone could guide me.

So, BBB
I guess the option for “Nature of your complaint” is “Business product or service”, Am I right?

After that I find the name of the business (in my case it’s the Vegas/Nevada one)

Then appears what is the complaint about, I’m guessing it’s “Civil rights violations”, isn’t it?

Then I submit this and it gives me a “contact” (phone number, address, website) to proceed. Here is where I don’t know how to continue. I thought all the process would be online, but I don’t see more options there. So my question is, do I have to send a letter to the address that appears as a contact that this provides me?

Thank you!

Talya

Reaction score
Hello there! I’ve read all the comments and Tried to write the complaint on BBB, but I’m not sure how to do it. I know you said it’s easy, but I think I really need help with this. I’m from another country (living in California for a while) and my English is good but I think not enough to understand all this process, so I would be very grateful if someone could guide me.
This must be hair-raising for you, being a foreigner, working with a second language. So sorry. :(

@izzymail You out there? Katya pm'd me and I advised her to post on the thread. Hope you can help! :thumbup:
Then appears what is the complaint about, I’m guessing it’s “Civil rights violations”, isn’t it?
I don't know. What are the options they offer for clicking? When I was doing my BBB I don't recall clicking on anything that said "Civil Rights Violation". I don't think I would have seen my problem under that heading - more a poor business practice, or something along that line. Misleading sales information - like that.

Please don't feel you have to (I know you are foreign and this must all be doubly daunting because of that) but if you feel comfortable say what happened. Again, only if you're comfortable. The story can always be done via pm with whoever helps you.
Then I submit this and it gives me a “contact” (phone number, address, website) to proceed. Here is where I don’t know how to continue. I thought all the process would be online, but I don’t see more options there. So my question is, do I have to send a letter to the address that appears as a contact that this provides me? Thank you!
At some point you write up what took place. I don't see you indicating that you got that option - unless once you click what the complaint is about the place to type up the incident comes up. (I have forgotten all that was entailed in the BBB process - I am older and the details are fuzzy).

I am hoping @izzymail comes on. She's the one with the steel-trap mind. :cool:

Katya_

Reaction score
I realized that the 4 options that appear there are the cases that they do not handle with haha that's why they were giving me another contact to proceed with my complaint so I just had to put "no" to all of them and then it sent me to the page where I can type all my story.

I've always been very careful and analytical with these types of situations and I know how to say NO, because you always have to think like "This is too good to be real", there is always something behind it. Sadly you can no trust too much to anybody. I'm still wondering how I could fall into this and it makes me mad and sad at the same time, so I really have to stop thinking about it.

I don't know how you all ended up going to that presentation but in my case I just wanted a ticket for a show in LV, so I found these people at my hotel "selling" the tickets for all the shows and I just wanted to buy 1, the lady I talked to was like "Oh that's great, you're here by yourself so I have a good discount for you, I'll give you 2 tickets for $50 for 2 shows you want. But I also want to give you $25 cash that you can use for food or spa. And I want to give you more, I'll also give you 2 nights-3 days free that you can use in this Hotel or at this other one. All you have to do is go to a tour at "x" hotel, which is new and we want the users to know"... I was like "What? all these things just for $50?... Let's do it"

So it was supposed to be a "tour", I did not even know I was going to a sales presentation until I got to the place and eveything became into a strange environment. And well, the end of my "tour", you already know it. - Foreign, middle 20's and alone. What a shot for them -

Anyway, I wrote and sent my letter yesterday, however it was my 6th day after the purchase [I found this thread too late :( ] so I don't think it's gonna change anything. I also wrote my BBB complaint, now I can only wait and see how it goes. If I cant' have my money back, so I'll have a wonderful vacations in these amazing SAMPLER destinations with standard* rooms.

izzymail

Reaction score
Hello there!
I’ve read all the comments and Tried to write the complaint on BBB, but I’m not sure how to do it. I know you said it’s easy, but I think I really need help with this. I’m from another country (living in California for a while) and my English is good but I think not enough to understand all this process, so I would be very grateful if someone could guide me.

So, BBB
I guess the option for “Nature of your complaint” is “Business product or service”, Am I right?

After that I find the name of the business (in my case it’s the Vegas/Nevada one)

Then I submit this and it gives me a “contact” (phone number, address, website) to proceed. Here is where I don’t know how to continue. I thought all the process would be online, but I don’t see more options there. So my question is, do I have to send a letter to the address that appears as a contact that this provides me?

Thank you!
Hello, sounds like you have a very similar story to the rest of us... It is amazing that they are able to do this every day and stay in business! It sounds like you are making the right steps and I hope they continue to lead to a good outcome.

The biggest problem with the SAMPLER is that you are required to attend a sales presentation at each and every trip you make with these points... The thought of having to relieve that experience over and over is dreadful...

Bayrecca

Reaction score
Hi there, this has been very helpful.
Question though. I did not purchase the sampler with my own credit card. I opened up a Barclay card with Diamond for as much as I could and financed the rest with Diamond.
This is my second credit card ever (sorry old fashioned). Do I make a dispute with Barclay or just make a BBB complaint.
My husband and I stupidly did this just yesterday is Sedona, AZ. We are on a read trip and are in CA now. I wondered if we could use our new "Sampler" to find a hotel in CA and found this forum ugh!
Does anyone know how I do this? Ive never done a credit card dispute. Can I like cancel this right away since I just opened up the card yesterday?

izzymail

Reaction score
Hi there, this has been very helpful.
Question though. I did not purchase the sampler with my own credit card. I opened up a Barclay card with Diamond for as much as I could and financed the rest with Diamond.
This is my second credit card ever (sorry old fashioned). Do I make a dispute with Barclay or just make a BBB complaint.
My husband and I stupidly did this just yesterday is Sedona, AZ. We are on a read trip and are in CA now. I wondered if we could use our new "Sampler" to find a hotel in CA and found this forum ugh!
Does anyone know how I do this? Ive never done a credit card dispute. Can I like cancel this right away since I just opened up the card yesterday?
Don't feel bad! Many if us have been where you are. Based on my experience, and others, if the documents do not indicate a recession period, the BBB complaint is most effective.

Bayrecca

Reaction score
Thank you, my husband and I immediately over nighted a signed letter of rescission to both the corporate offices in Las Vegas and the sameness letter to the resort in Sedona along with the return of the tablet.
We then filed a complaint with the BBB.
Is there anything else we need to do? I didn't even try to call the hotel and get the run around. Should I try and make a complaint with the credit cards they had us sign up for or will it all hopefully get resolved their BBB?
Thank you everyone, this thread gives me hope!!

izzymail

Reaction score
Thank you, my husband and I immediately over nighted a signed letter of rescission to both the corporate offices in Las Vegas and the sameness letter to the resort in Sedona along with the return of the tablet.
We then filed a complaint with the BBB.
Is there anything else we need to do? I didn't even try to call the hotel and get the run around. Should I try and make a complaint with the credit cards they had us sign up for or will it all hopefully get resolved their BBB?
Thank you everyone, this thread gives me hope!!
You can dispute the credit card, but it might complcate things. I would personally let the BBB complaint run its course since that has been working. If it doesn't, your should have 60 days to dispute with the credit card issuer

Bayrecca

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you know I got my full refund last week!
I got a letter from Diamond a few weeks ago saying they would cancel my contract if I sent in and notarized the form they sent me.
I did asap.
BBB was very helpful and kept checking up on me via email to see if I got my refund.
I kept checking in with diamond and the credit card co on the status of my refund and got it last week! I purchased the sampler August 1 and got the refund a week or so ago so the whole fiasco was resolved in just over a month! Woohoo!
I then immediately cancelled the credit card and cut it up lol!
Thank you to everyone on this forum for helping me! I would have been sunk with out you!
Please read theu this forum if you have the same issue. It's possible to fix it yayyy!

Talya

Reaction score
I got a letter from Diamond a few weeks ago saying they would cancel my contract if I sent in and notarized the form they sent me.
I did asap.
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Well done! :banana:

BBB was very helpful and kept checking up on me via email to see if I got my refund.
Good to know.
I kept checking in with diamond and the credit card co on the status of my refund and got it last week! I purchased the sampler August 1 and got the refund a week or so ago so the whole fiasco was resolved in just over a month! Woohoo!
It does happen fast when one acts fast.
No more temptation! :thumbup: The relief is amazing, not so? :whooopie:
Thank you to everyone on this forum for helping me! I would have been sunk with out you!
Please read thru this forum if you have the same issue. It's possible to fix it yayyy!
:thumbup:

izzymail

Reaction score
I did asap.
Please read theu this forum if you have the same issue. It's possible to fix it yayyy!
That's awesome!! Feels like winning the lottery... Well, sort of :banana:

vegasfool

Reaction score
Hi guys!

My husband and I were recently victimized by this Diamond timeshare thing last January 24 during our vacation in Vegas. Luckily, found this forum the same day we purchased from them.

So on January 27, we sent a cancellation letter to their Vegas ofc using the template that I got from this forum as well. On January 29, I called my bank for a dispute with the CC. Then yesterday, January 30, we already received an email from DoNotReply@DiamondResorts.com:

“Dear Member:
We are in receipt of your cancellation request with Diamond Resorts U. S. Collection. Please accept this email as confirmation and assurance our team will be diligently working to review the rescission terms of your vacation ownership purchase (the “Agreement”) to determine contract cancellation details.

During this period, please allow 7-10 business days to complete the cancellation process. To avoid any delays with the cancellation process, we ask for your cooperation to refrain from submitting disputes to your credit card company or bank. If you are entitled to a refund, a credit will be issued back to the credit card previously tendered or a refund check will be issued based on the method of payment.

Once your contract has been officially cancelled, a confirmation cancellation status letter will be mailed to you.

Please feel free to contact our Member Services department at 877.DRI.CLUB (877.374.2582) with any questions.

Sincerely,

Escrow Department
Diamond Resorts Financial Services.

Sales Center
: CAN”

My question is: can I really rely on this and no need to file for a dispute? I am kinda doubtful simply because of their DoNotReply email address lol. They’re too much of a liar I couldn’t even believe a single thing from them anymore, I’ve read tons of frauds and lies from them on the web that’s why… Also, do I still need to file a complaint at BBB? Please enlighten me guys. Still not at peace… Thank you so much in advance!

Talya

Reaction score
Well, this is a new wrinkle. I agree, @vegasfool , one is inclined to be wary. It's interesting that they are asking for you to desist on doing the very two things that we have found effects immediate results. The time delay would be what would concern me.

@TUGBrian and @izzymail - what do either of you think about this situation? They are already 1 week out, and waiting 7-10 (maybe more) would start leaving them at 3 weeks to a month.

The BBB complaint I don't think has a time frame - am I right?

What very much does have a time sensitivity is your Credit Card dispute. The sooner the better on that I would say - and I say that based on what my AMEX rep said to me. If I could make it so they don't get the money that's what I'd do. That's what AMEX did for me - the payment was held up during the dispute period which was about a month or two.

Regarding AMEX, though, someone else on this thread (from Canada) said it wasn't as I experienced it with AMEX with their AMEX issued from a Canadian bank. I don't think we ever figured out why there was a difference between our American Express cards - by default we figured it was because of different banks in different countries.

Talya

Reaction score
@vegasfool I'd say call your credit card right away. Find out what the timeframe is with a dispute. My AMEX card's time frame for a dispute was a matter of days, I think - I was just under the wire at about a week, I think.

Of course, if you used their credit, I don't think you'd have an option from that angle.

CORRECTION: Just re-read your post - you have called your cc company. (Excellent imo). It looks like Diamond doesn't want you to proceed with the cc dispute - what does your bank say? I'd keep the cc dispute going myself.

Last edited:

applepie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts US Collection
I didn't buy a sampler but instead bought 22500 points for 70k. I did the rescission letter. They sent me the same email asking me not to dispute with credit card. I was going to wit till 3 weeks had passed be abuse I have 30 days to dispute. They credited me back 2.5 weeks later.

Bayrecca

Reaction score
Hey there, all I did was file the complaint with BBB. I didn’t bother to dispute the credit card. They did the work for me. But I’m wondering if disputing the card would only help.
I did not receive an email however, I got a formal letter in the mail that asked me to sign and notarize the form and send it back to cancel.
Hope you get it resolved! I did.

izzymail

Reaction score
Well, this is a new wrinkle. I agree, @vegasfool , one is inclined to be wary. It's interesting that they are asking for you to desist on doing the very two things that we have found effects immediate results. The time delay would be what would concern me.

@TUGBrian and @izzymail - what do either of you think about this situation? They are already 1 week out, and waiting 7-10 (maybe more) would start leaving them at 3 weeks to a month.

The BBB complaint I don't think has a time frame - am I right?

What very much does have a time sensitivity is your Credit Card dispute. The sooner the better on that I would say - and I say that based on what my AMEX rep said to me. If I could make it so they don't get the money that's what I'd do. That's what AMEX did for me - the payment was held up during the dispute period which was about a month or two.

Regarding AMEX, though, someone else on this thread (from Canada) said it wasn't as I experienced it with AMEX with their AMEX issued from a Canadian bank. I don't think we ever figured out why there was a difference between our American Express cards - by default we figured it was because of different banks in different countries.
Sorry I'm just seeing this now but I'll give my 2 cents. Credit card disputes hurt the company's relationship with their processor and increase their transaction costs in the future (especially when they lose). My guess is that they are getting smarter and its a legitimate attempt to keep you from disputing while they cancel and refund on their end. Most credit card issuers give you at least until you've recieved your statement to dispute, so there's probably no rush...in fact when you dispute you have to attest that you've tried in good faith to resolve it directly with the merchant. If I were in this situation I'd give them a bit to refund and if they didn't I'd move forward with the BBB and CC dispute.

Talya

Reaction score
Sorry I'm just seeing this now but I'll give my 2 cents. Credit card disputes hurt the company's relationship with their processor and increase their transaction costs in the future (especially when they lose). My guess is that they are getting smarter and its a legitimate attempt to keep you from disputing while they cancel and refund on their end.
As always, Izzymail, your insights are dead-on and invaluable. :thumbup:
Most credit card issuers give you at least until you've recieved your statement to dispute, so there's probably no rush...in fact when you dispute you have to attest that you've tried in good faith to resolve it directly with the merchant. If I were in this situation I'd give them a bit to refund and if they didn't I'd move forward with the BBB and CC dispute.
You're probably right, though I do recall that with my AMEX there seemed to be a time issue. Though what my AMEX card did was to actually block the charge - so maybe that was the issue: I called them before the charge even posted and there is a timeline to have that blocked. Okay, that must have been it. :cool:

jeangao

Reaction score
Hi! I am in the same situation. I was talked into signing the contract at Sedona Summit without knowing the no rescission term in the contract. I have sent a letter of cancellation to Diamond Resort and they have called me to let me know their denial. I also called my credit card company (Chase visa) to file a dispute. After reading this thread, I want to File a complaint to BBB. I am not sure which state should file in, CA, AZ or NV. I live in CA.

Thank you for all the helpful information provided here.