• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sampler Just Purchased in Arizona

fool me twice

Reaction score
Help!! I need help writing a registered/certified letter to cancel. I fell for the sampler yesterday in Branson, MO. Stayed up all night reading and rereading all these posts, which has given me hope. So while I still have 3 more days of vacation left, I am wasting more time, in addition to the 4hours yesterday to correct this mistake. Please please please help!! I’ve been in contact with my credit card company and bank. Next is cancellation letter and BBB. And of course went back to speak to someone only to be dismissed.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Talya

Reaction score
Help!! I need help writing a registered/certified letter to cancel. I fell for the sampler yesterday in Branson, MO. Stayed up all night reading and rereading all these posts, which has given me hope. So while I still have 3 more days of vacation left, I am wasting more time, in addition to the 4hours yesterday to correct this mistake. Please please please help!! I’ve been in contact with my credit card company and bank. Next is cancellation letter and BBB. And of course went back to speak to someone only to be dismissed.

Those of us who have been through this can sympathize! o_O :doh:

As I mentioned in my response to your pm - post your story here - it will serve to help others and you will get far more input - like from TUGBrian who has posted a good link to help you with the writing. :)

We're rooting for you! Keep us informed as you go through this process. :oops:

fool me twice

Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
id wait to see what their response is before writing a novel on the BBB report...

fool me twice

Reaction score
I feel like writing a review was what got the ball rolling for everyone else right away, that’s why I want to write one right away.

fool me twice

Reaction score
Here was my pm to @Talya and @izzymail. I did edit it and add more details. Thanks to all that can help. And thanks @Talya and @TUGBrian for your responses. I will be writing a BBB review also by tomorrow the latest so your input on that (what was effective for you) would be appreciated.

I really need both your help with writing a letter to cancel my sampler purchase. My husband and I made the terrible mistake of purchasing it just yesterday while staying in Branson, MO. After having sat through the presentation for 4hrs with our two young children, 1 and 3, we were tired, hungry, restless and drained. This was actually our second time sitting through a tour presentation so when the sampler salesman came my husband basically said yes right away because we honestly enjoy DRI and have never had any problems with them prior to yesterday, and we were just done and wanted to take the kids back to the room to feed them because it was now going on 5pm and the presentation started at 1:15. Anyway. Long story short we initialed and signed without reading. When I got back to the room I finally read the contract and the fine print. And I googled and googled all night. I couldn’t sleep. It was such a terrible feeling. Your post was sooo helpful and hopeful.
My husband went back this morning. He talked to the same guy that sold us the sampler. No luck. I was trying to do them and my kids a favor. I went back with him and wouldn’t you know it, the sampler seller had left to another city. Convenient how we probably went back only 40minutes after my husband got back. They wanted my email so someone could contact me. I demanded to speak to someone face to face. I waited 7minutes and asked if someone was truly coming out again. Tour desk gal goes and tries again. This time another guy comes out. This is the same guy that greeted us yesterday, all smiles super friendly. The vibe is different today, serious and matter of fact. Our exchange is in the lobby so I’m making EVERYONE at the front desk, the Tour desk and concierge uncomfortable. But I stay polite. And after he threatens to leave if I call him a liar again, I calm down a bit, even though my blood is boiling. He tells me sample seller is busy with someone (I thought he left town??!!) and it goes on and on. I even ask this guy to give the tablet and $100 dining cards to sampler seller, hoping that it would be insurance that he’ll make the time to call me for another meeting but he of course says he can’t take it. I’ve had enough and go back to my room with my family, determined to still make the most of what’s left of my trip.
So I get a call from sampler seller 10minutes after we get back to the room. Conveniently his manager and the lobby guys manager are both on vacation or gone for the weekend. I talk to him for 15 minutes and decide I’m tired and I thank him. I jus got off the phone with my credit card company and the $349 charge/down payment is on hold pending review. I just got off the phone with my bank after transferring all my money from the account I gave them to another account, hoping to close that account tomorrow. My next step is to write a letter to their office in Las Vegas and then post on the BBB and all the other websites I found last night. I was up until 2am and up again at 8am planning my words I was goin to exchange with them today. I could not sleep thinking about this. Please help me. Your stories were so inspiring and I am so hopeful for the same outcome. Thanks for your time. I can also give you my email if that’s easier.

fool me twice

Reaction score
Letter is written. On to the review...
Thanks again @TUGBrian for the post. @Talya I actually screen shotted your post from 9/30/17 labeled “Desired Outcome Description” last night but my emotions have just been all over the place so I forgot to look at that first before posting. THANK YOU!!

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score

Really no need to do anything except for the Rescission letter. Make sure you follow the instructions in the paperwork you received when you bought to a "T". If multiple people signed the contract, make sure both sign the Rescission letter. Make sure you send it Certified Mail Return Receipt if the instructions said to send it by US Post Office. And for heaven's sake make sure you mail it before the Rescission period expires.

George

fool me twice

Reaction score
This was a sampler and not an actual time share so it says no cancellations. That is why I’m crossing my fingers and following all the steps advised by everyone else in this post, as there are no directions or addresses or anything for where to send anything. This post has been my saving grace. Sending it first thing in the morning.

izzymail

Reaction score
This was a sampler and not an actual time share so it says no cancellations. That is why I’m crossing my fingers and following all the steps advised by everyone else in this post, as there are no directions or addresses or anything for where to send anything. This post has been my saving grace. Sending it first thing in the morning.
I replied to your PM... Also I will add don't ruin your remaining vacation worrying about this!! There's a decent chance you will get your money back, but nothing you do in the next few days will decide this. It will take some time and effort but you'll be waiting for most of it so no rushing. Enjoy yourself with your family and just work the steps when you get home. I wish I was in Branson today :)

Talya

Reaction score
The following is an edited version of my pm response to 'fool me twice'. Seems important - especially my last comments. :cool:

I just got off the phone with my bank after transferring all my money from the account I gave them to another account, hoping to close that account tomorrow.

Sounds good on paper - just be careful with your credit rating and garnishment. You've signed a paper saying you owe - if they don't get their money (if they don't rescind) I am guessing they will go after you - be prepared for that. I don't know - I'm just speculating. Anyone else have any ideas on this aspect?

My next step is to write a letter to their office in Las Vegas and then post on the BBB and all the other websites I found last night.

This seems key to it all. They seem to care about their BBB rating. The last fella claims his brother got a rescind with just the BBB complaint, but I wouldn't bet my money on that.

I was up until 2am and up again at 8am planning my words I was goin to exchange with them today. I could not sleep thinking about this. Please help me. Your stories were so inspiring and I am so hopeful for the same outcome. Thanks for your time.

We know what you are going through. :doh: Please keep us informed.

I asked 'fool me twice' to post her story on the thread since doing so has two bonus effects: it's helpful for others - plus others would engage in the problem solving, like TUGBrian and others - which you have now done, so all is good. :thumbup:

Izzymail was enormously generous with me - time and info - but I can't give the same attention because of memory (I just don't recall details - it's always been so with me). The thread pretty much speaks for itself. It would help if anyone who comes across this thread and wants to converse does so on the thread (rather than via pm - at least with me - I speak only for me). I've had several people send me pm's but it just doesn't work with me. Better for anyone to state their story on the thread and keep us apprised here with their progress and ultimate outcome. Hope folks understand (at least with me - I don't speak for others). :)

Thought I'd take this opportunity to say the above. Meanwhile, we are rooting for you 'fool me twice'. :thumbup:

izzymail

Reaction score
I have been asked to post the text of my BBB complaint to the board for the benefit of others. Of course, every situation is different, but the actual process through the BBB is very simple.

My letter to my credit card issuer was even more detailed and included attachments with details of pending lawsuits, past judgements, and online complaints with stories very similar to mine. Because of the BBB complaint, Diamond did not fight the credit card dispute and let me win by default, so I still wonder what the result would have been had they produced the contract and pushed back. Because of this, I think the BBB complaint was key and will continue to be so long as they decide to defend their rating. I hope this helps!

BBB CASE#: xxxxxxx

*** This complaint has been closed. If you have more information to provide to BBB regarding this complaint or need to upload a document,please click. ***

Complaint filed by:

Complaint filed against:

Diamond Resorts International

Complaint status:

Inform Business - Case Closed RESOLVED

Case Description:

Misrepresentation and high pressure tactics.
On Wednesday, ******** we attended a sales presentation at the ******** in ********. We were supposed to be there for a 120 minute presentation. We were actually there for over 4 hours. After telling the salesperson NO several times, we were transferred to another salesperson before we could leave. This salesperson offered "THE Sampler" and we accepted, partially to get out of there. It sounded good and he rushed us through documents. As I was trying to read the forms he would interrupt to explain the section and what it means...however the actual fine print says the OPPOSITE of what he said in many places and this distraction prevented me from comprehending what was written. We felt pressured and were not given a chance to read the forms. He told us that we could get a refund until the points were actually used. I questioned this, and he said again, YES, BELIEVE IT OR NOT UP UNTIL THE POINTS ARE USED YOU CAN GET A REFUND.

Now that I have had a chance to fully read the documents, the program is not at all what was sold. He specifically stated that our FIRST trip with the SAMPLER points had to be to one of the SAMPLER destinations, but after that we could use them ANYWHERE in the WORLD (JUST LIKE OWNERSHIP POINTS). This is not true and in fact they can only be used at the specific SAMPLER destinations.

He also said that there would be a sales presentation on ONLY the first trip with SAMPLER points. This is not true...the sales presentation is required on ALL of the trips.

I contacted the company on ***** and requested a refund. I was told that there were no refunds allowed.

Extra Detailed Info

Date of last interaction with business:*****

BBB Designated Category:

Sales Practice Issues

Case opened date:

Case closed date:

Desired Resolution:

I want a full refund of the $3,995 that was paid for this package. We have not used and do not plan to use any of the points based on the experience we have had with the truthfulness of the representatives.

Talya

Reaction score
Many thanks, Izzymail. :thumbup: There is a common story-line: they get the 'mark' very tired, and then slide in The Sampler. A lot of smoke-and-mirrors to confuse the 'mark' - making flashy, glib promises that are no where near the reality.

@fool me twice Make sure to tell us how things go for you. :thumbup:

Reaction score
I’m so happy I found this thread, and have been reading this since last night, since I can’t even sleep well since I fell for the sampler, 2 days ago at the cancun resort in Las Vegas NV Now I’m trying to write the letter to cancel, however I can’t figure out on my contract which would be the correct address to mail it... PLEASE! Somebody help me

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m so happy I found this thread, and have been reading this since last night, since I can’t even sleep well since I fell for the sampler, 2 days ago at the cancun resort in Las Vegas NV Now I’m trying to write the letter to cancel, however I can’t figure out on my contract which would be the correct address to mail it... PLEASE! Somebody help me
Nevada has anti-consumer rescission laws, and if it's not technically a developer timeshare contract, it may not be allowed, but it won't hurt to try. How about their corporate address? Found this via google: Diamond Resort Holdings, 10600 W. Charleston Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89135

Good Luck

Jim

Reaction score
Nevada has anti-consumer rescission laws, and if it's not technically a developer timeshare contract, it may not be allowed, but it won't hurt to try. How about their corporate address? Found this via google: Diamond Resort Holdings, 10600 W. Charleston Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89135

Good Luck

Jim
Thank you so much! I know, i feel so stupid for not reading the contract, and it does say that there is no resciccion or cancellations allowed in Nv , however the sales rep totally lied to us in regards of the value of the points, He assure us more than 3 times that those 20,000 will get us up to 12 vacations (3 days) in the 2 yrs trial, all the sale was based on lies. Now we feel lost and stuck with $173 monthly payments for 2 yrs .

Reaction score
We are waiting for @fool me twice to tell us how things turned out. I think she has good news. :)
This gives me some hope! I’m in California and here I believe we have a 10 day grace period, but We signed the contract in Nevada, I really hope I can still do something about it, I called Diamond resorts last night and they return the call this morning, saying that there is no cancellation allowed and that somebody else will call me in 3-5 days, and I just sent the certified letter saying I would like to cancel the contract due to all the lies we were told by the sales rep. however It’s been 2 days since We signed the contract and I don’t know if there is anything else I should do at this point, instead of waiting for a call, i feel nervous as the time passes as I feel my chances of a cancellations decrease

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much! I know, i feel so stupid for not reading the contract, and it does say that there is no resciccion or cancellations allowed in Nv , however the sales rep totally lied to us in regards of the value of the points, He assure us more than 3 times that those 20,000 will get us up to 12 vacations (3 days) in the 2 yrs trial, all the sale was based on lies. Now we feel lost and stuck with $173 monthly payments for 2 yrs .
Let's see what happens, but you may have indeed signed up for this 'deal'. To look on the bright side and think you'll get some (I'm not going to say you'll get 12) vacations from this. We hope that the payments don't cause you hardship. Stick around. Study where you can go, and if you do end up with this, for cryin' out loud, stay away from the sales rooms! That's going to be part of the deal- for them to get another crack at you!

Jim

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
nevada law would apply vs california in this situation.

Reaction score
nevada law would apply vs california in this situation.
I know that , however As I was reading this thread, I noticed one person was in the same situation living in Ca and having signed in Nv, try to cancel a few days after and was successful, however She had paid with a Amex CC, Idk if that’s what helped in resolving this matter

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you should absolutely try to rescind...no question about it.

Reaction score
Thanks, I mailed the letter today, and now I’m waiting for a supervisor to call me back in 3-5 days... anybody knows if I should be doing anything else than wait , I just signed that contract 2 days ago, and I would like to do everything in my hands before more time goes by. I appreciate everyone taking their time to answer, your help means a lot, Thank you very much

Talya

Reaction score
Thanks, I mailed the letter today, and now I’m waiting for a supervisor to call me back in 3-5 days... anybody knows if I should be doing anything else than wait , I just signed that contract 2 days ago, and I would like to do everything in my hands before more time goes by. I appreciate everyone taking their time to answer, your help means a lot, Thank you very much

Read this thread. :) A lot about putting in a BBB complaint - an in your case it would be to the Nevada office. Seems to get results.

Talking with your credit card company might help.