• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sales Presentation

VanTheMan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko'Olina (MKO), Ocean Pointe (MPB), Desert Springs Villas II (MPD)
DW and I are multiple enrolled weeks owners with a minimal number of Destination points and Chairman's Club status.
We attended a sales presentation yesterday. We were shown what must be a quite standard proposal to "enhance" our ownership.
Buy 2,500 Trust Points at $12.68 per point (full price $14.10 per point) for $31,700 plus
Buy an Orlando Grand Vista platinum week 2-BR lock-off for $8,900 with no maintenance fee of $1,406 due in 2019. The week elects for 2,775 Destination Points.
The pitch is I get 5,275 points for $7.70 per point (total cost of $40,600).
The sales rep implied MVCI would be creating a higher ownership level ("Diamond") for persons with over 20,000 points and this purchase would put me above this new level.
We said "No" but I thought others on TUG might want to see the bundle I was offered.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see what I get for Diamond status. Maybe one of those $25 refillable coffee mugs.
Why would Diamond level be the chosen name above Chairman’s Club level?
It doesn’t sound particularly “elite” to me.
I would expect at least “Emperor”, “Imperial Highness” or “Supreme Leader” level!

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
All Chairman’s Club gets now is a longer banking period. They need to enhance Chairman’s Level before introducing something higher.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Did they offer a n encore package ?

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
DW and I are multiple enrolled weeks owners with a minimal number of Destination points and Chairman's Club status.
We attended a sales presentation yesterday. We were shown what must be a quite standard proposal to "enhance" our ownership.
Buy 2,500 Trust Points at $12.68 per point (full price $14.10 per point) for $31,700 plus
Buy an Orlando Grand Vista platinum week 2-BR lock-off for $8,900 with no maintenance fee of $1,406 due in 2019. The week elects for 2,775 Destination Points.
The pitch is I get 5,275 points for $7.70 per point (total cost of $40,600).
The sales rep implied MVCI would be creating a higher ownership level ("Diamond") for persons with over 20,000 points and this purchase would put me above this new level.
We said "No" but I thought others on TUG might want to see the bundle I was offered.
I guess they had to offer you something before letting you go. Yes, the pricing comes out similar to what they were offering us (also Chairman's level) at Oceana Palms in October.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Wow! I must look like a schlep. We’re executive level, just short of chairman level (or whatever the next level is),and all they offered us was 1,500 at $14.10/point. No discounts. No resale weeks for points. Just an incentive of 1,500 bonus points for the next 2 years.

Oddly enough. I MIGHT have considered a resale week to convert to DC points but I’d have preferred a resale at Newport Coast, Timber Lodge or even Branson...... anything except Orlando. I like to own where we’d like to go if there where no other options and we’d never consider going to Orlando. I guess the salesman missed a trick.

VanTheMan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko'Olina (MKO), Ocean Pointe (MPB), Desert Springs Villas II (MPD)
Did they offer a n encore package ?
No, we were not offered an encore package. They did offer us a chance to hold their offer until we check-out Friday for a fee of $199. That amount would be refunded if we declined the offer or credited to the total price if we accepted the offer.

IuLiKa

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to the shortest sale presentation at Grand Vista over thanksgiving. I only own one week. I believe I have 3250 pts. For first time ever they offer me 750 points. It was at $14 or so a pt for a total over 10k. When I tried to negociate a lower price the sales person prety much said no and bye:) we had the encore package offered. It was really good but again we passed because I want to do different things next year.
The whole experiece was less than one hour. They told us was their busiest week. We got 300$ in amex cards which was not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtdillian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! I must look like a schlep. We’re executive level, just short of chairman level (or whatever the next level is),and all they offered us was 1,500 at $14.10/point. No discounts. No resale weeks for points. Just an incentive of 1,500 bonus points for the next 2 years.

Oddly enough. I MIGHT have considered a resale week to convert to DC points but I’d have preferred a resale at Newport Coast, Timber Lodge or even Branson...... anything except Orlando. I like to own where we’d like to go if there where no other options and we’d never consider going to Orlando. I guess the salesman missed a trick.

I have a Marriott guy that I have dealt with for 16 years and this is all he does now. He has access to all weeks. He also helps us plan trips especially using rewards for airfare. We have purchased several resale packages through him. If you want to private message me I will give you his contact info.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I have a Marriott guy that I have dealt with for 16 years and this is all he does now. He has access to all weeks. He also helps us plan trips especially using rewards for airfare. We have purchased several resale packages through him. If you want to private message me I will give you his contact info.

My impression was she was new and either made the assumption I wasn’t going to buy before we even started or she was on a short leash and could only present the one pitch. Maybe she had somewhere to be and was in a hurry. At any rate it was the quickest $150 we ever received from going to an “update”

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to the shortest sale presentation at Grand Vista over thanksgiving. I only own one week. I believe I have 3250 pts. For first time ever they offer me 750 points. It was at $14 or so a pt for a total over 10k. When I tried to negociate a lower price the sales person prety much said no and bye:) we had the encore package offered. It was really good but again we passed because I want to do different things next year.
The whole experiece was less than one hour. They told us was their busiest week. We got 300$ in amex cards which was not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Years ago we went to one at the (then) Embassy on Maui. We were in and out in less than 20 minutes with our gifts. Basically they asked what we owned and how we obtained them. Since at that time we had quite a bit of inventory and all was resale, they made the judgement we weren't going to buy in about 5 minutes and invited us to leave. IIRC it was $200.