• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Vista

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I canceled my January 12 and January 19 reservations. Saved Wyndham the trouble of writing me a letter.

I booked a week there in May. Think they'll be done by then?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I canceled my January 12 and January 19 reservations. Saved Wyndham the trouble of writing me a letter.

I booked a week there in May. Think they'll be done by then?
It’s been two years since the hurricane that caused the damage. I wouldn’t hold my breath. You might want to call the resort and see if they have any idea when it might be done. They may not even know, but it’s worth a shot.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
It’s been two years since the hurricane that caused the damage. I wouldn’t hold my breath. You might want to call the resort and see if they have any idea when it might be done. They may not even know, but it’s worth a shot.

In the meantime, I still can't ARP into Royal Vista for January 2020. Three Saturdays in 2020 all booked before I could get in.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They are not all booked. The system has it locked out for ARP direct owners. Only Access owners can see inventory. It’s a glitch and Wyndham is “working on it.”

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And, VCs can't help?

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
I called royal vista an hour ago to confirm my reservation for January 3rd. They said that the front building is still closed and will be for probably until next January (approx 20 rooms). Told her I was calling to confirm because I had heard they were canceling reservations. Her reply "we would have contacted you if it was canceled". Yes I would expect them too but come on. They act like canceling a reservation that was made nearly a year ago a week ahead of time is not a big deal.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I called royal vista an hour ago to confirm my reservation for January 3rd. They said that the front building is still closed and will be for probably until next January (approx 20 rooms). Told her I was calling to confirm because I had heard they were canceling reservations. Her reply "we would have contacted you if it was canceled". Yes I would expect them too but come on. They act like canceling a reservation that was made nearly a year ago a week ahead of time is not a big deal.

Next January? As in January 2020? Why do they allow people to book rooms that are not available at Royal Vista? If they wanted Palm Aire, they would book Palm Aire. If the work was going to take so long, they should at least block out the rooms that are unavailable in the reservation system, so people don’t get disappointed when they are told last minute they are being moved or their reservation is canceled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
My Royal Vista contract finally transferred. Its showing me availability past 10 montha but when i go to book it says sorry looks like there are no more rooms available. Looks like its all royal vista contracts having problems. Has anyone got theirs fixed. I assume not as it seems like a coding problem instead per account

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nope. I've tried every week starting with January 4, 2020 up until February 9, 2020.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
Same here. I've been trying to get something in late Jan (or even early Feb) since they supposedly released the block on reservations just over a week ago. Yet those days are not showing as being totally booked or even limited availability.

dcdowden

TUG Member
Reaction score
nope. Still can't book 2020 in ARP. They opened a ticket for this 'system error' a month ago and nothing has happened. We are at RV now and local staff and management says it is a 'glitch'.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
At 6:15 AM today, tried to book a week at Royal Vista starting 2/29/2020.

No availability. Unbelievable!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
In the meantime, I still can't ARP into Royal Vista for January 2020. Three Saturdays in 2020 all booked before I could get in.
I see availability for 7 day bookings in all weeks of January - mostly for 2 bedroom deluxe units - but the 1st week of January has availability for 1 bedrooms on up. I suspect this has something to do with the same issues we saw in another thread - the fact that you are a CWP PR member.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So, the 427,000 points that I bought at Royal Vista two years ago specifically to be able to ARP in January/February are worthless for that purpose because Royal Vista has become primarily a CWA resort? If that's it, it must have become so in the last year because in December 2017, I was able to ARP into January 2019 with no problem. I'm not buying it.

I see availability, too. Late January appears pretty much wide open as does the last week or so in February. Early weeks in February have single nights blocked out that prevent booking a full week. I see the availability but can't book it. I get the "no longer available" response.

I continue to think there's some $--t in the grits in the reservation system.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
So, the 427,000 points that I bought at Royal Vista two years ago specifically to be able to ARP in January/February are worthless for that purpose because Royal Vista has become primarily a CWA resort? If that's it, it must have become so in the last year because in December 2017, I was able to ARP into January 2019 with no problem. I'm not buying it.

I see availability, too. Late January appears pretty much wide open as does the last week or so in February. Early weeks in February have single nights blocked out that prevent booking a full week. I see the availability but can't book it. I get the "no longer available" response.

I continue to think there's some $--t in the grits in the reservation system.

When you say you cannot book it, exactly what do you mean? Do you click on the "Book" button and you get an error that says "no longer available", or do you successfully get into the 15 minute booking window but cannot finalize the 6 step booking process? I just tried booking a full week from Jan 19-26 two bedroom deluxe unit and it took me all the way up to the final 6th step verification right before I click the "Complete" button without any issues.

And no I'm not saying it has anything to do with CWA vs CWP, I'm saying that the comparison testing we did on a recent previous thread for instant upgrades indicated that the fact that you are a PR member is somehow producing different booking results for you vs a non-PR owner. Another PR owner indicated they were seeing the same results that you were, so I'm assuming the same thing is happening here.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
It is purely a technical issue. Apparently only CWA has arp there right now but of course thats not how its supposed to be or legal. I just purchased at Royal Vista. I can book a full week there Nov. 29th which is exactly 10 months out right now but will not let me book with a start date of Nov. 30th or anything after.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When you say you cannot book it, exactly what do you mean? Do you click on the "Book" button and you get an error that says "no longer available", or do you successfully get into the 15 minute booking window but cannot finalize the 6 step booking process? I just tried booking a full week from Jan 19-26 two bedroom deluxe unit and it took me all the way up to the final 6th step verification right before I click the "Complete" button without any issues.

And no I'm not saying it has anything to do with CWA vs CWP, I'm saying that the comparison testing we did on a recent previous thread for instant upgrades indicated that the fact that you are a PR member is somehow producing different booking results for you vs a non-PR owner. Another PR owner indicated they were seeing the same results that you were, so I'm assuming the same thing is happening here.

The initial reservation request gets "no search results found for the entered criteria." So, I hit the big blue "SEARCH ALL DATES AT THIS LOCATION." After a bit, I can go to January or February 2020. There, I can see lots of white space along with some grayed out spaces. I try to book some days that aren't grayed out and get "There are no longer any units available for the dates you selected."

I never get past that point. I never get to the booking window, never start the booking process. It's been like that since December 2018 when I started trying to ARP in January & February 2020.

Frankly, it isn't really important whether it's a resort issue, a PR/non-PR issue, or a CWP/CWA issue. It's a Wyndham issue. Wyndham knows about it, has written Lord knows how many tickets about it, and it's still fouled [euphemism] up.

Royal Vista points are too expensive to use as general purpose points.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The initial reservation request gets "no search results found for the entered criteria." So, I hit the big blue "SEARCH ALL DATES AT THIS LOCATION." After a bit, I can go to January or February 2020. There, I can see lots of white space along with some grayed out spaces. I try to book some days that aren't grayed out and get "There are no longer any units available for the dates you selected."

I never get past that point. I never get to the booking window, never start the booking process. It's been like that since December 2018 when I started trying to ARP in January & February 2020.

Frankly, it isn't really important whether it's a resort issue, a PR/non-PR issue, or a CWP/CWA issue. It's a Wyndham issue. Wyndham knows about it, has written Lord knows how many tickets about it, and it's still fouled [euphemism] up.

Exactly my issue as well. I feel a refund should be issued for the premium I pay to have Royal Vista ARP.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
There should be different inventory buckets for CWA and for CWP at RV. What is the issue is with ARP that I don't know, but as the 3 month lead time whittles away it is not going to help those with ARP at RV to make use of it. This has been a known problem for a few months with Wyndham, but their IT department is not always quick to fix things.

Hope you have better luck with regular 10 month Standard Reservation Window.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Do you call in to have a VC book it for you? They can get a supervisor to help if needed.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you call in to have a VC book it for you? They can get a supervisor to help if needed.

I could try that again. It hasn't worked the last several times -- most recently last evening when I spent about 45 minutes on the line with Owner Care. They wrote another ticket.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
There should be different inventory buckets for CWA and for CWP at RV. What is the issue is with ARP that I don't know, but as the 3 month lead time whittles away it is not going to help those with ARP at RV to make use of it. This has been a known problem for a few months with Wyndham, but their IT department is not always quick to fix things.

Hope you have better luck with regular 10 month Standard Reservation Window.

This jogged my memory. We attended a recent update at Wyndham Reunion last week, and during the presentation the sales guy said that one of the CEO's 1st admonitions was that Wyndham's tech is way behind most other competitors in the timeshare arena. Supposedly Wyndham has allocated an additional $16 million this year for IT modernization. Only time will tell if they actually improve the system though. Fingers crossed! :)

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

Understood and agreed. I was only trying to point out that for us CWA owners, there is no issue to speak of. The Wyndham issue seems to be limited to CWS RV owners only. For those of you in this bucket, I have no doubt it is frustrating.