• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Floridian Resorts...Ormond Beach?

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wife and I are headed there 9/30 to 10/7. Pros and cons? We usually travel to SE or SW Florida..Not familiar w/ NE...Any info is greatly appreciated..

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
We have not stayed at that particular resort (yet) but we have had many stays at Ormond Beach. We like it better than Daytona due to it's small town feel and fewer crowds. There are quite a few restaurants and shops within walking distance of the resort (on E Granada Blvd) and a nice American Legion (if you are a member) not too far away. Driving on the beach is allowed on that section but the "driving lane" is well marked so there is no fear of being run over if you are laying/walking on the beach. It is an easy drive down to Daytona and all its attractions.

~Diane

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Diane, Glad u mentioned "driving on beach"..I envisioned lying on the beach then; thump thump....haha.
Any recommendations for other beach areas? We are die-hard beach lovers.. We'll have a rental car..

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

There are some sections of beach in the area that prohibit vehicles. If I remember correctly the area directly north of the Royal Floridian (Granada Blvd) is one of them. The beaches in the Daytona/Ormond Beach and even at St Augustine Beach areas are very wide and flat unlike the beaches down by Fort Lauderdale. If you will be driving a rental car check your rental agreement as many companies state their cars can not be driven on the beach.

If you have not been to this area of Florida before I would suggest a day trip up to St Augustine. It is a very pretty city (the oldest in the US) with several 'pedestrian only' streets in the old historic part of town. There is a huge public parking garage which is very expensive but if you drive a few streets east (& north of the college) you may find a curbside metered or free parking spot. Last spring we had to park on the east side of the Bridge of Lions and walk back across as there wasn't a free or metered parking spot to be had in the old section.

Enjoy the area, we'll be there 3 weeks after you! :banana:

~Diane

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
This old dude has no interest in driving on beach...I'm into sunbathing with a cooler of beer and walking the beach...Wifey poo is not a beer drinker..She may have a Mikes hard lemonade (Black Cherry, take in the sites and read a little...Just hope to have a good time

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

This old dude has no interest in driving on beach...I'm into sunbathing with a cooler of beer and walking the beach...Wifey poo is not a beer drinker..She may have a Mikes hard lemonade (Black Cherry, take in the sites and read a little...Just hope to have a good time

Well you picked a good area to lie or walk on the beach, you can literally walk for miles in either direction!
I'm with your wife on the beverages! Have a great time!

~Diane